MagicHome RGB LED Controller Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
    It is still supported. However I currently on holiday and will create a new version with option to disable discovered devices on my return
    I purchased the plug in since my trial ran out. Do you have any idea of when you will be able to do these updates? Thank you, I hope this plugin remains supported its great and the devices are inexpensive.

Original issue and request for updates is here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleRS View Post

I purchased the plug in since my trial ran out. Do you have any idea of when you will be able to do these updates? Thank you, I hope this plugin remains supported its great and the devices are inexpensive.

Original issue and request for updates is here.
      +1 I agree, thinking of getting several more of these devices to use with HS if the plugin is updated. Last I heard, the developer was planning to add some devices but was tied up with other life events. Hoping they will have some time soon.
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I will be working on the next version this weekend.

Comment

Hello, just thought I would check in to see if you’ve had time to work on the next version? Is it possible to post a list of devices that work with this plugin? Or will it work with any RGBWW device that works with Magichome?

if anyone else has had success using this plugin with their device, could you post a link to where you purchased it?
          Thanks!
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

No reply or update since July 31st? Its been over 2 months and no response.

Original Issue Here.

Log continues to fill with errors.

I already paid for the plug in and now it seems like there is no support. Developer indicated on July 31st that they would be working on a fix and still nothing so disappointing.
            Very excited about this Plug-in! I tried to set up and event using the "MagicHome Action" when I try to click on "Action Type" Set Colour or Set Preset I get the following error message: Error calling the plug-in to get the Action UI: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I tried

Comment

I just released a beta in the other thread regarding discovery issues. Fixes a lot of errors in the log. Was waiting for feedback before I push the updated version to the installer. But since I was working on the version. Things have changed HS4 was announced and all plugins need updated for that so that is what I have been working towards.

But to say there has been no support is a bit harsh IMHO

try the beta in this thread for your issue. hoping this will resolve for you. iv'e also had more success using the new 10 second timeout waiting for responses, so be sure to set the default timeout to 10000 as this really cuts down errors in the logs.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...gbww-v1-and-v2

Comment

I just released a beta in the other thread regarding discovery issues. Fixes a lot of errors in the log. Was waiting for feedback before I push the updated version to the installer. But since I was working on the version. Things have changed HS4 was announced and all plugins need updated for that so that is what I have been working towards.

But to say there has been no support is a bit harsh IMHO

try the beta in this thread for your issue. hoping this will resolve for you. iv'e also had more success using the new 10 second timeout waiting for responses, so be sure to set the default timeout to 10000 as this really cuts down errors in the logs.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...gbww-v1-and-v2
                Fuzzysb,

I had asked a different question and you responded quickly. Then I asked about this log issue and you indicated you would would look it, again pretty timely...

July 31st, 2019, 08:51 AM

Then I did not hear anything since July 31st.

I was just asking if support was still being offered since I did not hear back for 2 months. I am sorry if I offended you. I really like this plugin but it generates errors based on another LED soulution and I just like to have a clean log and less network traffic.

I am glad to see you are still working/responding. I tried the beta version and I still get the same results I really need a way to tell the plugin to ignore the device and not do anything with it.

I am excited to hear about HS4, I was not aware that its being worked on and really happy to hear that you are supporting it. Thanks!!

Comment

I am looking at excluding items. But to be honest they aren't stored at this moment in the ini file. Only the device type is stored. And the definition comes from the discovery Items to be stored and defined and also disabled in the ini it would require me to update on a way that would make a new version incompatible with existing versions. So am working on this for HS4 as it will require a new setup anyway.

Comment

I am looking at excluding items. But to be honest they aren't stored at this moment in the ini file. Only the device type is stored. And the definition comes from the discovery Items to be stored and defined and also disabled in the ini it would require me to update on a way that would make a new version incompatible with existing versions. So am working on this for HS4 as it will require a new setup anyway.
                    Thanks! Is there a way for me to disable it in the .ini file? I can do that as a work around for now.

Comment

I'm afraid not at the moment no. To enable this would break the plugins configuration. For the HS4 plugin the source of truth for lights won't be the discovery, but rather the details on the config page. In which you can perform a discovery to discover details if you like. But will also have disable and enable options

Comment

Has anyone else use this single color led controller? i have one and the on/off works but i can't get dimming to work in HS3?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Magic-Home White.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1371771

Comment

Originally posted by DaleRS View Post
                          Is this Plugin still supported? I have had an open issue for over a month with no response? First question received quick response, follow up question has been over a month. My trial expired and I wanted to purchase it but not sure with no support.

No response for over a month? https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-the-action-ui
                          Is this plugin supported? I have not seen any updates in over a year and no responses?

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                            Has anyone else use this single color led controller? i have one and the on/off works but i can't get dimming to work in HS3?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Magic-Home White.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1371771
                            I have not tried the particular one you have pictured. Sorry

Comment

Hey fuzzysb I am having problems with the discovery. My problem is the my homeSeer server is on a different network then the device is on (HS 172.100.1.100/16 and MagicHome device 172.50.2.28/16). I did make rule so my HomeSeer and the MagicHome can talk. I do this so I can limit the devices on that network easily. Is there anyway I can manually add a IP address or rang for it to look for? also just a FYI MagicHome app on the phone does not like 16bit subnet networks lol.

Comment

Hello,

I am hoping to get some help in using this plug-in; it is exactly what I was looking for! I have 9 of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with 3 of them being used in RGB mode and the rest in RGB+CCT mode. They are all controlled with the MAGICHome app on my phone.

When I enable debug mode and fire it up, it apparently cannot do the discovery (see below log) - I have assigned static IP addresses, so is there a way we can enter the IP addresses and model info into an INI file?
                                Oct-15 10:33:15 MagicHome ERROR Unable to discover any devices, the error was: Network is unreachable
                                Oct-15 10:33:15 MagicHome DEBUG Running Discovery and will target broadcast address 255.255.255.255
                                Oct-15 10:33:08 MagicHome DEBUG MagicHome Device Poll Inititated.
                                Oct-15 10:33:03 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MagicHome
                                Oct-15 10:33:03 Starting Plug-In MagicHome loaded in 2805 milliseconds
                                Oct-15 10:33:03 Starting Plug-In Plugin MagicHome started successfully in 688 milliseconds
                                Oct-15 10:33:03 Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ichome-fuzzysb. Plugin: MagicHome Instance:
                                Oct-15 10:33:03 MagicHome INFO MagicHome version 1.0.0.353
                                Oct-15 10:33:03 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin MagicHome ...
                                Oct-15 10:33:03 Info Plugin MagicHome has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59620
                                If you need help with the duplicate link issue let me know but all you have to do is put an unregister command in the startup before it tries to register the new ones.

Thanks

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                                X