No announcement yet.

MagicHome RGB LED Controller Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wondered if this plug in would recognise the BriTISH GENERAL 800 SERIES 13A 2-GANG SP SMART SOCKET WHITE from screw fix.
    They are wifi connected and cant find any other plug in that operates them.
    ​​​​​​​Thanks

Comment

Hey Fuzzy,

I gave up on this plug-in on the Raspberry Pi - never worked. I moved my setup to a new Windows box for additional reasons, but now while your plug-in eventually finds all of my devices and builds the HomeSeer devices to control them, it is never able to do anything. These controllers in a Control4 system have an option for 8-byte or 9-byte protocol; I am wondering if that has anything to do with it. They should work with the plug-in as they are all controlled by the MagicHome App without any problem. Here is the controller: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DY56N8U

Tink

Update: Yes, the 8-byte/9-byte setting appears to be the issue because here is a log entry about it - need to find out whether you can switch the plug-in (configuration option) or if there is a way to change the controller:
      Dec-10 10:33:05 ERROR Unable to update the status of device with IP 192.168.1.87 and Mac Address D8F15Bxxxxxx, the error reported was: Controller sent wrong number of bytes while getting status, the number of bytes received was 28 however we were expecting 14 ,the values received were { 129, 37, 35, 97, 5, 255, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 240, 32, 129, 37, 35, 97, 5, 255, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 240, 32, }
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

So, just as a side note, I had very intermittent responses and problems with the plugin finding the device on my network. I increased the timeout in the config to 2000 ms, and WALA! It is working well now. Time to install under some cabinets....
        A computer's attention span is as long
        as it's powercord.

Comment

• Rick Tinker
          Rick Tinker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Scott! Thanks for the tip - I would try that, but I see no documentation for the INI file. Did you just add timeout=2000 to the [GENERAL] section of the INI?

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
        So, just as a side note, I had very intermittent responses and problems with the plugin finding the device on my network. I increased the timeout in the config to 2000 ms, and WALA! It is working well now. Time to install under some cabinets....
        If you go to the plugins and click on the Magic Home plugin, there should be 3 screens you can get. (Forum, User Guide, Config) One of which is the config. There should be a dropdown there that will let you set the Send/Receive Timeout.
        as it's powercord.

Comment

• Rick Tinker
          Rick Tinker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Scott - I did not see that before. It helps - devices seem to work, now I just get occasional 'expected byte' errors.

Originally posted by sdanks View Post

Thanks Scott - I did not see that before. It helps - devices seem to work, now I just get occasional 'expected byte' errors.
        Good to know I helped you for once. Thanks for all your help in the past.
        as it's powercord.

Comment

Any update for the Pi yet at all.
          Thanks

Comment

Rick Tinker How are you able to comment a post ?

Like #154.1

Comment

• Rick Tinker
              Rick Tinker commented
              Editing a comment
              If you are logged in, you click the Comment icon in the lower right corner.

Any update for the Pi yet at all.
            Thanks

Comment

Hi its been a while now. Any update on the RasperiPI update please as I cant use it at the mo for controlling my lights. I am using HS4. Thanks.
              Just wanted an update.

Comment

Same here, HS4PRO linux: "Network is unreachable"

Comment

could something like that be usable?

https://github.com/MoonLiightz/magic-home
                  A CLI and library written in Go for controlling Magic Home (Magic Hue) LED Strip Controllers. - MoonLiightz/magic-home

Comment

Working...
                  X