No announcement yet.

Magic Color Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if after you restart it does kick in and start working, you should get an entry in the debug line showing the Model, Mac and Firmware Version. if you give me that i can pin the Model and Firmware version to default to legacy bulb in future and over time i can grow that matrix

Comment

I will test it now, but will need a fix for the high cpu issue to keep it running more than a few minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
        ok that drop down in the settings after discovery, can you change the selection to LegacyBulb then restart the plugin. does that kick it in to start working?
        No, it restarts. Says no devices, then after discovery the drop down comes back. No devices are created. Plugin locks up the device management page for multiple minutes again trying to shutdown and keeps the CPU spinning whenever running. LMK if there is something else I can test, but right now it looks extremely broken due to the network change.

Comment

Ok understood, i will work on a new version and try to resolve the high CPU version, however i do not have time today to work on it as i am travelling.

but before i do, I really need the result of the test, so could you please edit your MagicHome.ini file in the config directory and add the [MAGICHOME] section if it doesnt Exist, your file should look something like this (from your screenshot that is the correct MAC)

Code:
          [GENERAL]
          log_level=Debug
          [MAGICHOME]
          ACCF232F50A0=LegacyBulb
          This will ensure the plugin starts with the correct profile and should get to the point of creating devices. and you should hopefully get debug line listing Model and Firmware version, and then allow you to to do basic functionality testing (I do agree i have further work to do to resolve CPU as it will still rear its head after a more extended time) but this testing will allow you to give me a list of things you observe works/doesn't work on your device that i can work on in one go, so we can avoid the back and forth which takes too long because we are in completely different time zones

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
            Ok understood, i will work on a new version and try to resolve the high CPU version, however i do not have time today to work on it as i am travelling.

but before i do, I really need the result of the test, so could you please edit your MagicHome.ini file in the config directory and add the [MAGICHOME] section if it doesnt Exist, your file should look something like this (from your screenshot that is the correct MAC)

Code:
            [GENERAL]
            log_level=Debug
            [MAGICHOME]
            ACCF232F50A0=LegacyBulb
            This will ensure the plugin starts with the correct profile and should get to the point of creating devices. and you should hopefully get debug line listing Model and Firmware version, and then allow you to to do basic functionality testing (I do agree i have further work to do to resolve CPU as it will still rear its head after a more extended time) but this testing will allow you to give me a list of things you observe works/doesn't work on your device that i can work on in one go, so we can avoid the back and forth which takes too long because we are in completely different time zones
            Hi, no worries on the timing, completely understood on the work travel (I do quite a bit of that myself!)

My ini file contains:

[GENERAL]
            log_level=Debug
            log_to_file_enabled=True
            [MAGICHOME]
            ACCF232F50A0=LegacyBulb

But I don't see any devices created, so not sure exactly what I should do next....

Comment

hi, i've released a new beta 1.0.0.213 which i am hoping will stop High CPU Usage, so now it should not cause you any issues. it seems to work ok, but i need you do check against your device.

i now check the number of bytes in the status, now the request should timeout and not increase CPU usage if the device is offline or not responding. and this should cater as well for you.

from your response above though, you do get a response from the device for the get status, but please let me know if the behaviour changes with this ver

Comment

I have a
                LEDENET Smart WiFi LED Controller 5 Channels Control and running verison 1.0.0.213 and it turns the lights on and off and the preset all work but i can't control the light with the sliders

Comment

Ok that is strange. Can you get me the extract of the debug log that also includes the plugin startup where it lists the model and firmware version of your device? Best to log to a file and then pm me that file zipped up

​​​​​
                  Does the colour picker work?, or does that have the same issue?

Comment

RK15 I am just doing some research on this issue with some LEDNET 5 channel controllers. Can i confirm that you did set the drop down in the settings of the plugin for your device to RgbWarmwhiteCoolwhite after discovery has occurred? as i believe from my reading for lednet should work as i am sending 9 bytes in all colour change sliders. if you did not set the drop down, then this will not work. please note you will need to restart the plugin after selecting the drop down

Comment

I've been traveling, but back home. I installed the latest version, but why I have the drop down combo I still do not have any devices. I tried raising the timeout to see if that helps, but the setting does not stick if you don't have devices (apparently) it keeps resetting to 100ms. It should probably be disabled if not usable or at least remember the setting.

What else can I check to help you solve the no devices issue?

Comment

Oh, this is a new log entry:

ERROR Unable to update the status of device with IP 10.1.2.25 and Mac Address ACCF232F50A0, the error reported was: Controller sent wrong number of bytes while getting status

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
                          but the setting does not stick if you don't have devices (apparently) it keeps resetting to 100ms. It should probably be disabled if not usable or at least remember the setting.
                          That's why the version is in Beta, it worked in my testing, but i don't have issues with no devices being discovered.

I think i have found further info on your specific device and firmware. try the latest beta (v1.0.0.148) i've just posted, the dropdown for timeout should work now, and i am hoping finally you should now have devices created, if you don't have devices discovered please increase the timeout until you do. I have also added a Retry Discovery button to retry the discovery once you change the timeout. it's worth noting this won't actually create any new discovered devices until the next device status poll interval which will be shown in the log. (however the last debug line will show how many new devices were discovered if indeed they were)

Comment

I have update to 1.0.0.248 and have the control set to
                            RgbWarmwhiteCoolwhite can only turn on and off the lights and control the cool and warn lights with the sliders , colour picker dose not work.
                            Attached Files

Comment

RK15 Ok interesting. I'm having a read up on ledenet controllers. They seem to be the bain of my life at the moment if I formulate some commands to attempt using packet sender is this something you think you would be able to do and test?

Comment

I will give it a try

Comment

Working...
                                X