Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of devices potentially created?

Hi,

On my system once you discovered the controller you created the below devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 1.10.08 PM.png
Views:	216
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1283625

My question is, I am assuming that different controllers create different sets of devices (e.g. no white channel, no Warm White device). if so, could you kindly post a list of all the possible devices you could create (basically a union list across all the controllers you support).

I am writing a plugin that simulates a Hue bridge so that controls (like the Atmos and Brilliant) can control HS devices by making think these devices are Hue bulbs. I have already written support for the Tuya bulbs I manage in my plugin, I'd like to add support for Magic home devices next.

Best
    Bill

ok i currently have 5 possible device types:

Rgb
    RgbWarmWhite
    RgbWarmwhiteCoolwhite
    Bulb
    LegacyBulb

All devices create by default the following devices

Root
    Mode (On/Off Dim)
    Colour
    Red
    Blue
    Green
    Preset

Additionally the following devices all create a Warm White device
    RgbWarmWhite
    RgbWarmwhiteCoolwhite
    Bulb
    LegacyBulb

and then additionally the following device creates a Cool White device.
    RgbWarmwhiteCoolwhite

however I suspect dependant on the output from RK15 that i will need to create an additional device called LegacyRgbWarmwhiteCoolWhite which will create all devices, his firmware v2 is not working the same as v3 firmware onwards

Comment

Awesome, thank you. I have to write a bit of a converter code for each light type (since each bulb really breaks out differently between different plugins). But will tackle yours next (probably mid week). I started adding a few Brilliant Controls around the house and this let me integrate that very naturally into HS, looking forward to controlling the star field (which is what the lendet drives) from the Brilliant.

Comment

bsobel, so if the beta i just posted works for your device, then you need to add LegacyRGB also which creates the same devices only all the others do

Comment

Working...
        X