Magic Home Plugin - Support for addressable RGB controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic Home Plugin - Support for addressable RGB controller

Hello fuzzysb I'm wondering if you could add support for the below addressable RGB controller in your Magic Home Plugin? I've added the device to the plugin, however I've had a couple of issues with it so far. It seems to turn it on and off ok but the presets that are created by the plugin do not work and it isn't as extensive as the list in Magic Home Pro. I've attached a debug log that after I turned on the log, I clicked on the discovery button in the plugin and also pressed a couple of buttons in the presets.

https://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Flexi...gateway&sr=8-3

Thank you for any help you can provide!
    Attached Files
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Does anyone know if fuzzysb still monitors this forum? Don't want this to come across as impatient, I realize people have lives, just relatively new to this plugin and haven't seen responses to my posts here yet and don't know what to expect. I'm currently using the trial version and would like to purchase it, just want to make sure it's supported beforehand.

Thanks for any help from others who use this plugin!
    Plugin's:

Comment

Hi,

I do monitor this forum, this strip is on my target list to include in the plugin. but i need to purchase one first before i can add support. but my time is extremely time limited at the moment as i'm currently pulling 12-14 hours days 6+ days per week and i have been for the last 7 weeks working towards an extremely tight deadline. i will be working this way up until the end of june and after my holiday at the beginning of july i should be getting back to a normal working pattern so can again start looking at this.

I have some planned work on this Plugin and on my other Efergy plugin. but this has had to take a back seat for the moment. my apologies but these plugins do not pay the bills.they only fund purchasing further devices to integrate.

I hope you can bear with me until then for me to add support for that strip.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
        Hi,

I do monitor this forum, this strip is on my target list to include in the plugin. but i need to purchase one first before i can add support. but my time is extremely time limited at the moment as i'm currently pulling 12-14 hours days 6+ days per week and i have been for the last 7 weeks working towards an extremely tight deadline. i will be working this way up until the end of june and after my holiday at the beginning of july i should be getting back to a normal working pattern so can again start looking at this.

I have some planned work on this Plugin and on my other Efergy plugin. but this has had to take a back seat for the moment. my apologies but these plugins do not pay the bills.they only fund purchasing further devices to integrate.

Completely understand....I do not envy your work hours but wish you the best of luck in meeting the deadline! My trial period will be over by then so I’ll purchase the plugin and talk with you on the other side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Plugin's:

Comment

Hi,

Hello fuzzysb thought I would check in to see if you’ve had a chance to add support for this device?
          Thank you

Plugin's:

Comment

There’s esp8266 firmware for controlling ws281x strips with web hooks and mqtt would be easy to integrate if your inclined in the meantime

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
              There’s esp8266 firmware for controlling ws281x strips with web hooks and mqtt would be easy to integrate if your inclined in the meantime
              Hey kideon what are the steps to implement that option? I assume you are talking about using the mqtt plugin? How would I install the firmware? I’m not familiar with using mqtt at all. If this is too much to ask, I understand. Thanks for any help you can provide.

P.S. - I think fuzzysb is working on adding this device this weekend so maybe he can chime in on this issue?

Plugin's:

Comment

This is the one I found and was going to implement:https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/b...ster/readme.md

Comment

I believe that Tasmota firmware supports this device with a number of special effects. There are many sources on how to install Tasmota on an ESP8266. I have used it for my Notification panel and Messaging sign described in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT.pdf. Espurina firmware also manages these. I put together a version for Pete who only had a monochrome need.

Comment

Hi,

Hi fuzzysb would you happen to have some time to work on this plugin sometime soon? The plugin is now showing that it is a LITE version, I’m interested in purchasing it and have been waiting patiently, I just want to make sure I’ll have a working plugin after I pay for it.
                    If I’ve already added it to the plugin, what is the best way to get you the information you need to support the addressable LEDs?
                    Thank you sir

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                      Hello fuzzysb I'm wondering if you could add support for the below addressable RGB controller in your Magic Home Plugin? I've added the device to the plugin, however I've had a couple of issues with it so far. It seems to turn it on and off ok but the presets that are created by the plugin do not work and it isn't as extensive as the list in Magic Home Pro. I've attached a debug log that after I turned on the log, I clicked on the discovery button in the plugin and also pressed a couple of buttons in the presets.

https://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Flexi...gateway&sr=8-3

Thank you for any help you can provide!
                      I am also looking to get this controller so if support is added i will be able to help in testing if needed

Comment

ok The Profit, ocyberbum I have just bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and i will add support for it. I am actively working on HS4 version of the software, but i have been really struggling creating the new config pages. so i may well end up adding support to the existing HS3 version before i get to HS4

Comment

ok The Profit, ocyberbum I have just bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and i will add support for it. I am actively working on HS4 version of the software, but i have been really struggling creating the new config pages. so i may well end up adding support to the existing HS3 version before i get to HS4
                          Thank you! I have purchased HS4 but I’m not entirely excited about some of the UI changes so I’m going to wait several months after official release before I move things over anyway. So an HS3 version will work just fine.

Plugin's:

Comment

I put together a version for Pete who only had a monochrome need.

Thank you Michael for doing this.

In addition Michael added firmware pieces for a small digital on/off dimmer potentiometer, IR remote (original) and combo Temperature / Humidity sensor.

Even though I am using it in monochrome mode (under kitchen cabinet LEDs) the RGB functions remain in the firmware.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MagicHomeRGB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.5 KB ID:	1357142

The local control is very high on the WAF.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Fuzzy, i figured HS4 has everyone busy, i also purchased HS4 already but like Profit i feel it would be best to wait awhile before moving HS3 over. im curious on how the 300 dynamic effects will work since amazon seems a little 50/50 on reviews for the Magichome us version. Im still putting together my first big led setup right now but im looking at these below to go on the front of my house

4 of these
                              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CDTEH3Q/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A35UAT07QG3EC6

2 of these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FX8HL79/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1WG60CSCAVTUM
                              or
                              2 of these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YUI6F4JO&psc=1

1 controller
                              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=AA0YO4F2UD50F

Comment

Working...
                              X