Plugin .net version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin .net version

Hi, could you quickly confirm for me which version of the .net framework you are building the plugin against? I have been working trying to track down nasty Mono/HS bug that is effecting your plugin (along with some of mine, and quite a few others). One working theory is it has to do with a mono remoting bug between the versions we are using (I was on 4.7.2, but have moved most of my plugins to 4.5 as a test) and the HS version which is the EOL'd 4.0 version.

If you are indeed on 4.6(+), would it be possible to have you do a test build for me under the 4.5 framework? The bug shows up as a null pointer exception deep in mono, usually on a GetDeviceEnumerator call (but happens occasionally on other calls as well). Its intermittent, but your plugin is one that either logs better than others or is hitting more than others. If this is indeed the issue, its not a bug that's your plugins fault, but you may be the victim of the environment in this case...

Here is what I see from your plugin:
    Jul-31 4:28:43 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:25:04 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:22:31 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:19:47 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:15:55 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:14:26 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:12:49 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:11:25 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:09:46 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:07:47 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:05:53 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:04:13 PM MagicHome ERROR GetHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Jul-31 4:02:48 PM MagicHome INFO MagicHome version 1.0.0.335

Under Ambient weather we see:
    Jul-31 4:52:00 PM AmbientWeather ERROR Exception UpdatePWSDevicesInterval: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00108] in <81342d83acda4c5590ec19c7afdf26b9>:0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetDeviceEnumerator() at HSPI_AmbientWeather.utils.Devices () [0x00006] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.UpdateWeather (System.String PWSName) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.UpdatePWSDevices () [0x000dd] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.UpdatePWSDevicesInterval (System.Object obj) [0x0000d] in :0
    Jul-31 4:46:01 PM AmbientWeather ERROR Exception UpdatePWSDevicesInterval: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00108] in <81342d83acda4c5590ec19c7afdf26b9>:0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetDeviceEnumerator() at HSPI_AmbientWeather.utils.Devices () [0x00006] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.UpdateWeather (System.String PWSName) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.UpdatePWSDevices () [0x000dd] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.UpdatePWSDevicesInterval (System.Object obj) [0x0000d] in :0
    Jul-31 4:34:00 PM AmbientWeather ERROR Exception UpdatePWSDevicesInterval: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00108] in <81342d83acda4c5590ec19c7afdf26b9>:0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetDeviceEnumerator() at HSPI_AmbientWeather.utils.Devices () [0x00006] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.UpdateWeather (System.String PWSName) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.UpdatePWSDevices () [0x000dd] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.UpdatePWSDevicesInterval (System.Object obj) [0x0000d] in :0
    I have lots of other examples, but since you've been so responsive in the past I thought I'd start with you (and the Ambient plugin). Ive updated most of mine (one I have a library issue going to 4.5 that I am trying to resolve as the MQTT lib I use is 4.5.2 and above...)

If you are not using any 4.5+ features, it would just be a rebuild. You could send me a private build or publish as normal, the version change should be transparent to everyone.

Bill
Working...
X