New Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Install

Just installed the plugin to run a single (so far) strip. Have many questions.
    1. What is a "Root Device"? Is that an HS3 thing, just creates the other child devices or something?
    2. What is the difference between Log Level and File Log Level? I'm guessing the first is the logging level sent to the main HS3 log, and the second is a Magic Home device log? If so, what and where is the log?
    3. I'm getting the following error in the HS3 log:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#FF0000]Jun-28 10:51:00 AM[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]MagicHome[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]ERROR Unable to update the status of device with IP 192.168.1.47 and Mac Address 2CF432AB5CF4, the error reported was: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond[/COLOR]
    The lights do turn on and off properly, because my wife actually has the app on her phone and has the strip programmed from there. Could that be interfering with the HomeSeer implementation?

That'll do for now....

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Ahem...Anyone home?

Jim Speiser
    Still don't know squat

Comment

Hi. What kind of step do you have? Have you set the strip type correctly in the plugin?

If you are unsure. If you can give me a link to the controller you have I can probably advise

homeseer devices that have multiple actions, so require multiple devices have root devices. This is so programmatically you can identify the device and all associated child devices when searching homeseer for devices. This is why you will see root devices with most plugins

​​​​The plugin can log to the main homeseer log and additionally to a separate plugin log file. Which is created in the homeseer log directory. These options in the plugin control the output level for each log.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
        Hi. What kind of step do you have? Have you set the strip type correctly in the plugin?

If you are unsure. If you can give me a link to the controller you have I can probably advise

homeseer devices that have multiple actions, so require multiple devices have root devices. This is so programmatically you can identify the device and all associated child devices when searching homeseer for devices. This is why you will see root devices with most plugins

​​​​The plugin can log to the main homeseer log and additionally to a separate plugin log file. Which is created in the homeseer log directory. These options in the plugin control the output level for each log.
        Hello, Fuzzy, my apologies for the late response. I never received a notification of your response. Glad I checked!

Despite my 35 years in home automation, I'm a complete novice at these LED strip lights. Thus I am unfamiliar with the terms "step", "strip type," and I'm not even sure what the "controller" is. All's I know is that I have a Magic Home LED strip. I believe it's RGBW, if that helps. If you could guide me to where I can get you a link to the controller, let's start there.

This is my wife's "thing", but HS3 is MY "thing", and so I would like to make the LEDs controllable from here.

Thanks.

Jim Speiser
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Hi JimSpy , the step was a mobile phone autocorrect... i meant what type of strip. so i have a RGBWW strip also.. ie has 5 wires going to the strip. the on/off commands should work regardless of the settings, but the type should be set to RgbWarmwhite once discovered to correctly change the colour etc..
          ensure you are using the latest version

Comment

Working...
          X