Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I am mostly there just have one problem in configuration that I cannot figure out. My HS Device VSP list I cannot get to say 0 OFF 1 ON 2 TOGGLE. Mine just says 0 0 and 1 1. I will make a new post. Thank you for your help.

Comment

• I added a thread VSP management to answer your question.

Comment

• Hi!
        I must say you have done a great job with this plugin! :-)
        But I came into some problems:
        After the last update I cannot issue a Mqtt command from the events page. The commands only work in the devices page...
        The predefined events based on Mqtt stopped working after the update.. Can you check and fix this?
        I have been struggling for 3 days now with my project, and finally found the cause of the missing commands issued.
        I got the previous version in a zip file, can you advice how to go back to this version without losing data?

Regards Roger

Comment

• Originally posted by rogerbl View Post
          Hi!
          I must say you have done a great job with this plugin! :-)
          But I came into some problems:
          After the last update I cannot issue a Mqtt command from the events page. The commands only work in the devices page...
          The predefined events based on Mqtt stopped working after the update.. Can you check and fix this?
          I have been struggling for 3 days now with my project, and finally found the cause of the missing commands issued.
          I got the previous version in a zip file, can you advice how to go back to this version without losing data?

Regards Roger
          Thanks, the new update fixed the problem! :-) I am amazed how quick you fixed it!

Comment

• Same situation of rogerbl: If I use a "Send Mqtt message" via EVENT with a Device value don't work.

Send Mqtt message-->
            Code:
            HS3/cmnd/totale_impulsi_da_HS=$$DVR:(980):
            Mqtt payload is not the DEVICE980 value but is
            Code:
            $$DVR:(980):
            Thanks for your help!
            Last edited by khriss75; August 23rd, 2019, 02:35 AM. Reason: Formatting message

Comment

• The change log at the sticky at the top of this forum contains the following problem report: PR300 8/16/2019 4.1.2.3 Event action substitution variables broke

Are you running a version at or after 4.1.2.3? The latest is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_1_5_0.zip

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael McSharry;n1322570

Are you running a version at or after 4.1.2.3? The latest is at [url
                http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_1_5_0.zip[/url]
                Thanks, I was on 4.1.2.2 (from HS update), moved to 4.1.5.0 and now ok

Comment

• I upgraded to version 4.1.7.1 and It seams as if mcsMQTT can no longer connect to the broker. I have confirmed the broker is up and running and other clients have no problem.

Attached Files
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

• Fixed in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_1_7_2.zip. Only HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe changed in the zip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                      Fixed in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_1_7_2.zip. Only HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe changed in the zip.
                      Thank You Sir.
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

• I think I'm missing something reading your mqttplugin manual, but I can't find the way to enable device's HS log.
                        I'd like to see on HS log, when a lamp (via mqtt) switch ON or OFF.
                        "Do not log commands from this device:" in device configuration tab is unchecked.
                        The only solution is the mqtt history?

EDIT:
                        If I manage the device from HS webpage I can see the log data:
                        set-26 10:05:33 Device Control Device: BATHROOM light_bathroom to OFF (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                        But if the command arrive from Arduino (+ethernet shield) where I connected a switch no log.

Comment

• My understanding of the HS log is for explicitly directed messages and no provision exists in the mcsMQTT plugin to send things to the log based upon MQTT traffic. This could flood the log for those who have quite a bit of MQTT traffic. For example a temperature change for a sensor reporting through MQTT. What may make sense is to make the HS log an Edit tab setting for a device so a user is able to select just what they are interested or perhaps some form of logic around the Association tab History column setting. I'm leaning toward the second of these two.

Comment

• This is not a blocking point for me, only for information, a my curiosity... I'm agree with your opinion about the selectable devices for log.
                            Thank You so much for reply!

Comment

• Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

Thank You Sir.

This worked for me too, thank you! The version in the updater seems broken.

Comment

• Good Morning,

First off, thank you for making such a detailed and in depth HS3 plugin. I set it up over this weekend and the configuration was pretty smooth. I love not having to use a virtual device . I have 2 things I'd like to run by the group to get some thoughts on:

1) After setting up all the subscriptions and published items, some of them didn't seem to be getting any information. The resolution seems to be to erase both the topic names and recreate them or delete the association and create it again. Has anyone else experienced this? I fear that there are more like this that I haven't found yet. In fairness, I used the associations page to create the devices and I just went down a list and copied and pasted the previous names I already had and sometimes I'd click on the topic name before the name would auto populate. Could that have messed anything up?

2) I am seeing a lot of logs in HS3 showing "mcsMQTT Unable to find CAPI control X for device XX". Will these errors impact performance? Am I doing something wrong? Did I associate a topic to a device that's not supported?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                                Enabled Plug-Ins
                                3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
                                3.0.0.33: Ecobee
                                3.0.0.41: EnvisaLink
                                5.0.0.22: Global Cache
                                4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT
                                1.2019.211.1740: MyQ
                                3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X