Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mcsMQTT Plugin

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think I am mostly there just have one problem in configuration that I cannot figure out. My HS Device VSP list I cannot get to say 0 OFF 1 ON 2 TOGGLE. Mine just says 0 0 and 1 1. I will make a new post. Thank you for your help.

    Comment


    • I added a thread VSP management to answer your question.

      Comment


      • Hi!
        I must say you have done a great job with this plugin! :-)
        But I came into some problems:
        After the last update I cannot issue a Mqtt command from the events page. The commands only work in the devices page...
        The predefined events based on Mqtt stopped working after the update.. Can you check and fix this?
        I have been struggling for 3 days now with my project, and finally found the cause of the missing commands issued.
        I got the previous version in a zip file, can you advice how to go back to this version without losing data?

        Regards Roger

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rogerbl View Post
          Hi!
          I must say you have done a great job with this plugin! :-)
          But I came into some problems:
          After the last update I cannot issue a Mqtt command from the events page. The commands only work in the devices page...
          The predefined events based on Mqtt stopped working after the update.. Can you check and fix this?
          I have been struggling for 3 days now with my project, and finally found the cause of the missing commands issued.
          I got the previous version in a zip file, can you advice how to go back to this version without losing data?

          Regards Roger
          Thanks, the new update fixed the problem! :-) I am amazed how quick you fixed it!

          Comment


          • Same situation of rogerbl: If I use a "Send Mqtt message" via EVENT with a Device value don't work.

            Send Mqtt message-->
            Code:
            HS3/cmnd/totale_impulsi_da_HS=$$DVR:(980):
            Mqtt payload is not the DEVICE980 value but is
            Code:
            $$DVR:(980):
            Thanks for your help!
            Last edited by khriss75; August 23rd, 2019, 02:35 AM. Reason: Formatting message

            Comment


            • The change log at the sticky at the top of this forum contains the following problem report: PR300 8/16/2019 4.1.2.3 Event action substitution variables broke

              Are you running a version at or after 4.1.2.3? The latest is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_1_5_0.zip

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Michael McSharry;n1322570

                Are you running a version at or after 4.1.2.3? The latest is at [url
                http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_1_5_0.zip[/url]
                Thanks, I was on 4.1.2.2 (from HS update), moved to 4.1.5.0 and now ok

                Comment


                • I upgraded to version 4.1.7.1 and It seams as if mcsMQTT can no longer connect to the broker. I have confirmed the broker is up and running and other clients have no problem.



                  Attached Files
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

                  Comment


                  • Fixed in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_1_7_2.zip. Only HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe changed in the zip.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                      Fixed in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_1_7_2.zip. Only HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe changed in the zip.
                      Thank You Sir.
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

                      Comment


                      • I think I'm missing something reading your mqttplugin manual, but I can't find the way to enable device's HS log.
                        I'd like to see on HS log, when a lamp (via mqtt) switch ON or OFF.
                        "Do not log commands from this device:" in device configuration tab is unchecked.
                        The only solution is the mqtt history?

                        EDIT:
                        If I manage the device from HS webpage I can see the log data:
                        set-26 10:05:33 Device Control Device: BATHROOM light_bathroom to OFF (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                        But if the command arrive from Arduino (+ethernet shield) where I connected a switch no log.

                        Comment


                        • My understanding of the HS log is for explicitly directed messages and no provision exists in the mcsMQTT plugin to send things to the log based upon MQTT traffic. This could flood the log for those who have quite a bit of MQTT traffic. For example a temperature change for a sensor reporting through MQTT. What may make sense is to make the HS log an Edit tab setting for a device so a user is able to select just what they are interested or perhaps some form of logic around the Association tab History column setting. I'm leaning toward the second of these two.

                          Comment


                          • This is not a blocking point for me, only for information, a my curiosity... I'm agree with your opinion about the selectable devices for log.
                            Thank You so much for reply!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

                              Thank You Sir.

                              This worked for me too, thank you! The version in the updater seems broken.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X