• Show
Clear All

• elmerbug
    replied
    Thanks. Opening a ticket with them.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    That is a HS4 thing and not related to mcsMQTT. I did get it on early HS4 versions. I do not see it on current release 4.1.7.0.

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    This just appeared in the HS4 log:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MissingFilesmcsMQTTClient.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	1423096

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    On a Windows 10 64-bit machine, what would be the debug file path? Or is it on the the HS4 box Linux file system?
    localhost and 127.0.0.1 both have the same result.
    Likely C:\Program Files (X86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT Debug.txt, but depends upon where you installed HS

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    "The mcsMQTT debug will contain info about why the broker connection is not being made. It is enabled from plugin’s General tab at the top. Data is in /data/mcsMQTT/mcsMQTT Debug.txt.

localhost implies all three applications are on the same computer. I never tried localhost. I have always used the IP 127.0.0.1 or the actual network IP."

On a Windows 10 64-bit machine, what would be the debug file path? Or is it on the the HS4 box Linux file system?
    localhost and 127.0.0.1 both have the same result.

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    1601436313: Received DISCONNECT from mqtt_ae44d593.aebcd8
    1601436313: Client mqtt_ae44d593.aebcd8 disconnected.
    1601436313: New connection from 127.0.0.1 on port 1883.
    1601436313: New client connected from 127.0.0.1 as mqtt_4a681021.bad83 (p2, c1, k60).
    1601436313: No will message specified.
    1601436313: Sending CONNACK to mqtt_4a681021.bad83 (0, 0)
    1601436313: Received SUBSCRIBE from mqtt_4a681021.bad83
    1601436313: Alexa (QoS 2)
    1601436313: mqtt_4a681021.bad83 2 Alexa
    1601436313: Sending SUBACK to mqtt_4a681021.bad83
    1601436313: Received PUBLISH from mqtt_4a681021.bad83 (d0, q0, r0, m0, 'Alexa', ... (0 bytes))
    1601436313: Sending PUBLISH to mqtt_4a681021.bad83 (d0, q0, r0, m0, 'Alexa', ... (0 bytes))

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    One more thing: I have Mosquitto broker running in verbose mode. It shows node-red publish requests for topic "Alexa". The console never shows an MQTT message being sent from HS4 (mcsMQTT)

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The mcsMQTT debug will contain info about why the broker connection is not being made. It is enabled from plugin’s General tab at the top. Data is in /data/mcsMQTT/mcsMQTT Debug.txt.

localhost implies all three applications are on the same computer. I never tried localhost. I have always used the IP 127.0.0.1 or the actual network IP.

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    The other thing I noticed is that HS4 events that trigger and include mcsMQTT actions no longer insert log entries. mcsMQTT log entries still get created for connect, disconnect and initialization, but not sends.

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    mcsMQTT and node-red use the same Mosquitto broker, no security, localhost, port 1883. Topics are matched.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    McsMQTT and Node Red both need to be configured to use the same MQTT broker. The broker you have configured for mcsMQTT is not accepting the connection. It could be wrong IP or it could be the wrong user name or password if the broker requires these credentials.

my guess is that you have not setup an independent broker. If that is the case then you should leave the General tab setting for MQTT Broker blank and configure Node Red to use the HS IP with no username or password.

in the MQTT event action to send message you have a action text box using format Topic=Payload. The Topic will be the same one you have used in the Node Red flow.

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    Michael, thanks for the quick response. Answers: I have HS water leak detectors (z-wave). When they detect water, they fire an event. Since I have the mcsMQTT plugin installed, one of the available actions is to send an MQTT message, which I do with a topic of "Alexa". Plugin is HS4, 5.5.2.0. As to your question about topics, forgive me. I'm not sure I even know how to do that. One key observation: In the "Statistics" page of the mcsMQTT plugin, it shows the Client as having never connected.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    How is the water leak event associated with mcsMQTT? A device or an event action? Are you using HS3 or HS4 mcsMQTT plugin? What version? Is your publish topic the same an a subscribe topic? If so then make them different.

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    Michael, I have mscMQTT plugin installed and configured (I think). I have node-red, mosquitto and HS4 running. The scenario is this: I want a water leak event in HS4 to send an MQTT message to mosquitto (broker) and have a node-red MQTT node subscribed to the broker pickup the message and have Alexa play a "WATER LEAK!" message. All the pieces work individually, except for mscMQTT on HS4. No message is ever sent to the broker. I have mosquitto running in verbose mode and can confirm this behavior. Any thoughts on what this newbie has missed?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    I am guessing. Rebuilding VR should be HS3 looking for all devices with Voice property enabled. Looks like HS3 does this every 10 seconds. Perhaps it is waiting for one to be created by the newly installed plugin.

To test I deleted all HS devices and the mcsMQTT database. Disabled all plugins. Enabled mcsMQTT. No devices created. No messages in Speaker Client log after the initial one that the client had connected.

I looked at setup, voice etc in HS3 menu and did not see anything that seemed like it would apply. Same for the speaker client.

I get "The log database is currently x.xx MB in size" periodically reported as a log event. Likely similar to the VR messages, but have no idea how to configure this reporting.

I suspect the next step would be with HST or perhaps Rupp. Sorry I could not help more.
    Thanks for reply. It is strange, on my other setup I can't see this message.
    HS seems to works well without any problem.

I'll retry with a new fresh install.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X