Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I suspect so. I do not think ITEAD image has MQTT implemented. I am willing to flash for anyone, but shipping cost is involved. There are several YouTube videos on how to do it. They have Over the Air flash ability, but I do not know if the OTA provided by ITEAD is the same protocol as with Tasmota image. All the ones I purchased have all been flashed so I cannot evaluate the OTA of an original image.

Comment

3.0.8.0 shows in the updater but can't update weather plug in is enabled or not.

Feb-17 5:52:28 PM Updater Install/Update of package mcsMQTT failed.
        Feb-17 5:52:28 PM Updater Error Installation of package mcsMQTT failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
        Feb-17 5:52:28 PM Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update \home\william\HomeSeer\Updates3\mcsMQTT3.0.8.0
        Feb-17 5:52:28 PM Updater Installing package mcsMQTT
        Feb-17 5:52:28 PM Updater Update HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe downloaded successfully
        Feb-17 5:52:26 PM Updater Downloading update: mcsMQTT "

once enabled the version isn't right.

Feb-17 5:54:10 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin mcsMQTT started successfully in 27589 milliseconds
        Feb-17 5:54:10 PM mcsMQTT MQTT Broker Connection Refused not authorized
        Feb-17 5:53:42 PM mcsMQTT Version 3.0.1 Registered with Homeseer
        Feb-17 5:53:42 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin mcsMQTT ...
        Feb-17 5:53:42 PM Info Plugin mcsMQTT has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51560
        Feb-17 5:53:41 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsMQTT
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I talked to Tyler on Friday and got the control file straightened out so that is why .8 shows up now. I also have a dialog with Rich for Linux install. Are you doing Windows or Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            I suspect so. I do not think ITEAD image has MQTT implemented. I am willing to flash for anyone, but shipping cost is involved. There are several YouTube videos on how to do it. They have Over the Air flash ability, but I do not know if the OTA provided by ITEAD is the same protocol as with Tasmota image. All the ones I purchased have all been flashed so I cannot evaluate the OTA of an original image.
            From everything I've read you will need to install the header pins in the basic unit to flash it. If you would have been able to do it OTA, Tasmota page would have identified it as an option.

ITEAD should licence the Tasmota code, he has done an amazing job, pair it with mcsMQTT and you just cant go wrong..
            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
              From everything I've read you will need to install the header pins in the basic unit to flash it. If you would have been able to do it OTA, Tasmota page would have identified it as an option.

ITEAD should licence the Tasmota code, he has done an amazing job, pair it with mcsMQTT and you just cant go wrong..
              In theory there is a way, quite new and experimental:
              https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Ta...hout-compiling

But I didn't manage to try it yet, it seems quite cumbersome. When you know how to do it, re-flashing is easy and some units have already the pins soldered into the boards (like the 4CH)

Comment

Originally posted by doppiaemme View Post

But I didn't manage to try it yet, it seems quite cumbersome. When you know how to do it, re-flashing is easy and some units have already the pins soldered into the boards (like the 4CH)
                I gotta try it, looks like a blast ! Thanks for sharing
                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I talked to Tyler on Friday and got the control file straightened out so that is why .8 shows up now. I also have a dialog with Rich for Linux install. Are you doing Windows or Linux?
                  Linux
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I got a few more of the Sonoff with Amazon lightning special and gave this a try, albeit without success. It started, but never finished. Screenshot attached. SSID FinalStage never showed up. I tried it with both 1.5 and 1.6 (latest) firmware installed. I did it from Raspberry Pi. It never got to the step in the instructions of
                    Code:
                    << {
                        "error": 0
                    }
                    ~~ Provisioning completed
                    To make the device usable again hold the button for 7+ seconds and it will return to factory default. Should also be able to use usb to program it as well from this point as the OTA does not appear to work

Linux
                    Until Rich gets back with the updater using Linux the only way to install mcsMQTT on Linux is manually. There are very few files to unzip into the HS3 folder.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I received the Sonoff switches I ordered and set them up with the EWeLink app on my iPad. Controlling them with the app is simple and the response time is extremely fast. I then setup some recipes in IFTTT that turn on/off a Sonoff switch triggered by an HS3 device state change.

This approach allows full control of the Sonoff switches via HS3. Although my experience is very limited, the response time is very fast and the reliability seems very good.

I realize this approach relies heavily on the web, but so does most of what is being developed for home automation.

Will MQTT become a more mainstream home automation component?

Steve Q
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

What I have seen is MQTT is the dominate communication technology for IOT. Those who have a commercial interest will not participate because they want to control and leverage their own ecosystems. Older HA controllers have much invested in the pre-IOT era technology so now not much incentive. I have read that Domitz has the most installs in Europe. Openhab and Home Assistant come up often. I have no specific experience, but I think these are all open source ala Linux with no specific anchor store in the shopping center. All of these talk MQTT.

LoRaWAN has a lot of momentum to become the connected city means of information sharing. e.g. parking spot sensors so you do not need to drive looking for open parking spaces. It is kind of like cell coverage without the monthly bill. Great for low bandwidth low power communications.

My perspective is that the setup of a HA solution is usually pretty easy with many ways to achieve an objective. The hard part starts when something no longer works as expected. The fewer dependencies will typically yield the best long term result.

Comment

Log error message

I have the following error message in my log file every 15 minutes

I am running MQTT 1.5.0 version

Is the problem related to the MQTT plugin or a configuration ?

Comment

I suspect you are using a different MQTT plugin as mcsMQTT was never released as version 1.x. If you want easy integration with HS3 then mcsMQTT is likely your best choice. If HS3 is an incidental node in your MQTT network then MQTT plugin could be your preference. For your particular error you will need to post in the other forum to get the proper attention.

Comment

I suspect you are using a different MQTT plugin as mcsMQTT was never released as version 1.x. If you want easy integration with HS3 then mcsMQTT is likely your best choice. If HS3 is an incidental node in your MQTT network then MQTT plugin could be your preference. For your particular error you will need to post in the other forum to get the proper attention.
                              You were right BUT when I received your response, I was intrigue with this Plugin so I have installed it and started playing with it.

I have a questions in regard with devices publishing their status. I would like to use this PI to interact with a bunch of NodeMcu esp8266 devices with the espeasy firmware installed on it.

Unfortunatly, the "rules" system in the espeasy firmware only accepts to do logical operations on numerical value when reading the MQTT and since I would like to have On/Off switch on Homeseer with a On and a Off button on the device manager page and not "0" and "1" is there a way in the Plug-In to publish only the "DeviceValue" instead of sending the "On"/"Off" value ?

Hope I a am clear in my question...
                              Attached Files

Comment

I certain we can achieve your objective, but I first need to understand a little more about how you device is setup. I will make the update based upon the following assumption.

I assume you have observed a MQTT message from espeasy, "A"ccepted the message in mcsMQTT setup and a HS3 device was created. You also defined a topic in mcsMQTT for this device that will publish when you use on/off buttons that are associated with HS3 device. The HS3 control shows On & Off for the buttons and when you click the button the On or Off label is published. You would like the option to publish either the label or the numeric (devicevalue).

Comment

Working...
                                X