Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I change no wiring then I need a solution that can handle two forms of 1-wire hubs that use DS2409. One has the hobby board proprietary/custom device. I also have DS2426, DS2450, DS2423, DS2408, DS2406, DS2405, DS1820 and DS18B20. The counters and A/D converters have application-layer logic that exists in xapmcs1wire now. Most of my devices use parasitic power and I do not know if the DIO and libraries can accommodate. It will be some learning and strategy when I start to update my 1-wire environment. I have already used the Sonoff to replace a problematic DS2423 location that is being used to count water meter pulses. I agree that the ESP8266 makes for a good solution when starting. I remember the challenges of running Cat 5 for 1-wire.

Comment

Amazed here the familiarity to xAP with the new mcsMQTT plug-in.
      It made for a very quick plugin when starting with mcsXap.

At the user level there really is little difference between xAP and MQTT as just two different dialects of a lightweight communication protocol.

From a system architecture perspective xAP does better in a stable network. MQTT is better for nodes that tend to be flaky with the QOS considerations.

Comment

Here switched off xAP when I migrated to Linux HS3 (X2 boxes).

Been collecting 1-wire sensors since the late 1990s such that I have AAG, HB and Midon sensors here along with Midon Temp0X (4 of these today) and Maxim and some chinese replicate 1-wire stuff.

Sometime or another did create mini star shaped 1-wire hubs using multiple serially connected 1-wire controllers using small 8 port punch panels - one for each network.

Then also added Leviton HAI sensors going to the alarm panel. These are mostly utilized for HVAC hard control.

So here to keep busy (bored as usual) decided to break down and redo the 1-wire network from scratch.

It has been working fine with Digitemp / HS3 Script.

Mostly now I am in learning mode and starting with the RPI stuff then gradually shifting it ardunios (have a collection here).

On a side note here also been playing with micro travel routers (with GPIO pins for tinkering that cost between $10-$15).

Using OpenWRT as an OS the microrouters have built in ethernet ports and wireless and you can add an arduino inside the tiny cases.

I can replicate the RPi 1-wire configuration to this microrouter with built in wireless in a footprint that is about 2" square. (also have a tiny 1" X 2" microrouter that also works this way).
        Last edited by Pete; March 2, 2018, 03:12 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          @Michael...

Installed current version in updater on my Ubuntu 16.04 HS3 set up and saw this in the logs.

Feb-28 9:30:34 PM Updater Starting download of updates
          Feb-28 9:30:34 PM Updater Downloading update: mcsMQTT
          Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Update HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe downloaded successfully
          Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Installing package mcsMQTT
          Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update \HomeSeer\Updates3\mcsMQTT3.0.9.0
          Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Error Installation of package mcsMQTT failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
          Feb-28 9:30:36 PM Updater Install/Update of package mcsMQTT failed.
          I just ran into this issue as well. The file in the .zip is Install.txt instead of install.txt. That would explain why this only happens on Linux since it's case sensitive. Runing "mv Install.txt install.txt" on the extracted zip and then re-running the install worked.

Comment

This is great news. I am uploading the plugins now with install.txt rather than Install.txt. I will also let Rich know that the issue has been resolved.

Comment

@Michael,

You mentioned a dual counter configuration for your water meter early on. What exact hardware did you order to utilize this? Is it from Ebay?

Looking to utilize this set up for my old Hobby Boards lightning sensor with a dual counter.

Tinkering in the last few days with OpenWRT and installation of MTQQ and NodeJS / OWFS works fine using a Maxim U9097.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Just installed MCSMQTT 3.0.9.0 from updater on Ubuntu linux. 3.0.9.1 is showing as an update but cant seem to update to it.

Mar-07 8:20:36 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin mcsMQTT started successfully in 27654 milliseconds
                Mar-07 8:20:36 AM mcsMQTT MQTT Broker Connection Accepted
                Mar-07 8:20:08 AM mcsMQTT Version 3.0.0 Registered with Homeseer
                Mar-07 8:20:08 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin mcsMQTT ...
                Mar-07 8:20:08 AM Info Plugin mcsMQTT has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:33716
                Mar-07 8:20:07 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsMQTT
                Mar-07 8:20:01 AM Info Plugin mcsMQTT with instance: has disconnected
                Mar-07 8:20:01 AM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: mcsMQTT
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Install/Update of package mcsMQTT was successful.
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \home\william\HomeSeer\bin\sqlite3.dll
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \home\william\HomeSeer\bin\Mono.Data.Sqlite.dll
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \home\william\HomeSeer\bin\M2Mqtt.Net.dll
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Copying file: /home/william/HomeSeer/docs/mcsMQTT.pdf
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Copying file: /home/william/HomeSeer/HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe.config
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Copying file: /home/william/HomeSeer/HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Installing package mcsMQTT
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Update HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe downloaded successfully
                Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Downloading update: mcsMQTT
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Yeah here it looks to update fine but doesn't show updated version in status.

[ATTACH]67292[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67293[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67294[/ATTACH]

Mar-07 7:36:37 AM Updater Starting download of updates
                  Mar-07 7:36:37 AM Updater Downloading update: mcsMQTT
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Update HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe downloaded successfully
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Installing package mcsMQTT
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Copying file: /HomeSeer/HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Copying file: /HomeSeer/HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe.config
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Making dir: /HomeSeer/docs/
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Copying file: /HomeSeer/docs/mcsMQTT.pdf
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \HomeSeer\bin\M2Mqtt.Net.dll
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \HomeSeer\bin\Mono.Data.Sqlite.dll
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \HomeSeer\bin\sqlite3.dll
                  Mar-07 7:36:38 AM Updater Install/Update of package mcsMQTT was successful.
                  Mar-07 7:38:19 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsMQTT
                  Mar-07 7:38:19 AM Info Plugin mcsMQTT has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59454
                  Mar-07 7:38:19 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin mcsMQTT ...
                  Mar-07 7:38:19 AM mcsMQTT Version 3.0.0 Registered with Homeseer
                  Mar-07 7:38:22 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin mcsMQTT started successfully in 3166 milliseconds

Shut down HS3 and restarted it and it shows the update as above.
                  Last edited by Pete; March 7, 2018, 08:53 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

My mistake. Looks like I forgot to copy the updated .exe into the zip file. It has been reuploaded.

Comment

You mentioned a dual counter configuration for your water meter early on. What exact hardware did you order to utilize this? Is it from Ebay?

Looking to utilize this set up for my old Hobby Boards lightning sensor with a dual counter.
                      I use Sonoff Basic with a modified Tasmota firmware. The binary is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/firmware_door_counter.bin. The primary changes I made are to add browser options to scale the counter value (counts to gallons) and to reset at midnight (e.g. rain bucket). I also only implemented the changes for one counter (GPIO14) but the Sonoff has 4 GPIO that could be used and all 4 have the counter logic without my mods in the standard Tasmota firmware. The end of the mcsMQTT documents my door and counter mods that I made.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                        Just installed MCSMQTT 3.0.9.0 from updater on Ubuntu linux. 3.0.9.1 is showing as an update but cant seem to update to it.

Mar-07 8:20:36 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin mcsMQTT started successfully in 27654 milliseconds
                        Mar-07 8:20:36 AM mcsMQTT MQTT Broker Connection Accepted
                        Mar-07 8:20:08 AM mcsMQTT Version 3.0.0 Registered with Homeseer
                        Mar-07 8:20:08 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin mcsMQTT ...
                        Mar-07 8:20:08 AM Info Plugin mcsMQTT has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:33716
                        Mar-07 8:20:07 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsMQTT
                        Mar-07 8:20:01 AM Info Plugin mcsMQTT with instance: has disconnected
                        Mar-07 8:20:01 AM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: mcsMQTT
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Install/Update of package mcsMQTT was successful.
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \home\william\HomeSeer\bin\sqlite3.dll
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \home\william\HomeSeer\bin\Mono.Data.Sqlite.dll
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \home\william\HomeSeer\bin\M2Mqtt.Net.dll
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Copying file: /home/william/HomeSeer/docs/mcsMQTT.pdf
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Copying file: /home/william/HomeSeer/HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe.config
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Copying file: /home/william/HomeSeer/HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Installing package mcsMQTT
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Update HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe downloaded successfully
                        Mar-07 8:19:13 AM Updater Downloading update: mcsMQTT

I was able to update to 3.0.9.1 but now the plugin wont start, manage plugin page just says:

mcsMQTT N/A 3.0.9.1 N/A Included INFO: Plugin start is pending
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

My mistake. I had the HS URL hard coded while testing remotely. Fixed it in 3.0.9.2 to connect to localhost.

Comment

Comment

I deleted my HSPI_mcsMQTT.exe and this allowed me to use updater to install it again. It installed and then when I started it everything was as expected. I suggest trying again and if you have an issue then confirm it is exactly the same issue that was posted.

Comment

Here only see mcsMQTT version .91 in the updater for Linux.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X