Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This plugin works great! Quick question - Is there any way to do an underscore substitution for rooms etc that have a space rather than URL encoding? For example "Paul Room"
    $$ROOM: will evaluate to "Paul Room" or "Paul%20Room" and $$NAME: would evaluate to something like "Main Overhead Light" or "Main%20Overhead%20Light"

It would be nice, if I could just substitute spaces for underscores rather than URL encoding. Is this doable? I can't figure out how if it is.

I have a fairly large Z-Wave network now playing nice with Home Assistant and Node Red thanks to this plugin! I plan on leaving all Z-Wave devices in Homeseer because the Z-Wave support is better than anything else I've used.

Cheers!

Paul

Comment

Underscore vs. %20 is not something you can do now. In my case I prefer the underscore and it will be an easy addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        Underscore vs. %20 is not something you can do now. In my case I prefer the underscore and it will be an easy addition.
        GREAT! Killer plugin!

Comment

I added the capability in 3.5.6.0 which is now at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_5_6_0.zip and I will submit to Updater later in the week. The manual was updated as well. Space to underscore substitution is indicated with suffix of _UNDERSCORE rather than _URI_ENCODE. For example $$ROOM_UNDERSCORE: will take the room location from HS and replace any spaces with underscores.

If you want to continue this discussion then do in in the Version 3.5 thread or open a new one. It gets buried in a thread that is 27 pages long.

Comment

Michael - This plugin is making great progress. I just tested it and am seeing an issue that I was looking for some guidance on either what I need to configure differently or if it's a bug/feature of how you designed the plugin. I've noticed on Dimmers that sometimes interim dim levels get reported and sometimes they get reported out of sync. Here is a copy of of what is getting reported to my MQTT server. I turned the dimmer on and immediately turned it off. You can see the off (0%) being reported then a 69% followed by another 0%.

3/12/2019, 5:30:10 PMnode: a52bbea6.6cfb3home/diningRoom/diningMainLight : msg.payload : string[2] "99"
            3/12/2019, 5:30:14 PMnode: a52bbea6.6cfb3home/diningRoom/diningMainLight : msg.payload : string[1] "0"
            3/12/2019, 5:30:14 PMnode: a52bbea6.6cfb3home/diningRoom/diningMainLight : msg.payload : string[2] "69"
            3/12/2019, 5:30:17 PMnode: a52bbea6.6cfb3home/diningRoom/diningMainLight : msg.payload : string[1] "0"

Thoughts/suggestions?

Comment

Discussion get lost in the main post that is now 27 pages long. Best to create a specific topic.

What is your source device (i.e. Dimmer) creating the MQTT traffic? Is it a zigbee device? Or is HS the dimmer?

I do not think MQTT spec requires the broker to deliver traffic in the order that it is received. Are you showing the broker input or broker output in your post?

Comment

Discussion get lost in the main post that is now 27 pages long. Best to create a specific topic.

What is your source device (i.e. Dimmer) creating the MQTT traffic? Is it a zigbee device? Or is HS the dimmer?

I do not think MQTT spec requires the broker to deliver traffic in the order that it is received. Are you showing the broker input or broker output in your post?
                Sorry for the delayed response back, understand on the size of thread and will take that path next time.

It's an HS Dimmer created through the Zwave plugin. I don't have the same issue with the stock MQTT plugin which only delivers the final device state to my MQTT broker. The post above is showing my output from the broker to my Node-Red instance.

Comment

The plugin debug is enabled from the General tab. It produces a file in \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT Debug.txt. Included in the debug are lines that contain "HSEvent" at the start. This is each callback from HS telling mcsMQTT that a device or log has changed. mcsMQTT will respond to each callback that has been mapped to a MQTT pub topic.

Before looking at debug you may want to try using the Log HS Event Trigger from the Edit tab for the non-plugin device. HS may deliver only the final state of the dimmer in the log while it may deliver intermediate steps as the dim level value changes.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try the debug and open up a new thread. All my devices are created by the Zwave plugin if I'm understanding your HS Event reference. I don't use any standalone HS Event triggers

Comment

First thing t try is on the Edit tab for a Zwave device being used in mcsMQTT and change the Event type from Value Change to Log. This will change the mechanism by which mcsMQTT is informed that HS changed the device. If it works as you desire then change all of your Zwave devices. If not then post the debug file with some info as to the Ref of a device being tested.

Comment

Thanks, the log type does seem to be working better. I'll test that for a few days to see if it works ok on couple of test devices.

Comment

I just wanted to say a huge thanks for building and maintaining this plugin. I find it very versatile, useful, and extremely well documented - I honestly haven't seen such thorough documentation for literally any software or hardware (or anything, for that matter) these days. Cheers!

Comment

Can someone help me out. I am brand new to these sonoff switches. I am using a 1ch inching switch with tasmota firmware, mcsMQtt, and Mosquitto as the listener. I cannot figure out how to configure the tasmota firmware correctly and then get the device added into homeseer through mcsmqtt. I saw an earlier post with a step by step guide but the file is no longer available. Anyone have it or can help me out. Spent 2 hours trying to figure it out on my own and getting frustrated.
                            Thank you in advance!

Comment

The first How-To guide at the top of this thread provides a step by step. It uses a S20 in the walkthrough, but will be similar to any device. If you continue to have problems then start a new thread as this one is already 28 pages long and makes it very difficult to find information in it.

Comment

The first How-To guide at the top of this thread provides a step by step. It uses a S20 in the walkthrough, but will be similar to any device. If you continue to have problems then start a new thread as this one is already 28 pages long and makes it very difficult to find information in it.
                                Those are the guides I was trying to use but I am apparently an idiot because I kept getting file invalid everytime I would click the link. Just realized I wasn't logged in when clicking the link. Got it to open now. Thanks.

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                                X