Version 3.2.x.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    The zip file contains only the .ini file. I did look at it and notice that there are 111 Association tab rows. This means 6 pages to scroll through all the rows. Have you scrolled through all 6 pages looking for what appears to be missing?
    The .db is attached to the post above post #143

There are 187 items under the association tab for ffcpoctoprint.I have looked through each and every one and cannot find the one's in question.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

There were marked as rejected( "R" column checkbox). Use the checkbox at the top of Association tab to show Rejected and then you can uncheck the ones you really do want to see.

Comment

There were marked as rejected( "R" column checkbox). Use the checkbox at the top of Association tab to show Rejected and then you can uncheck the ones you really do want to see.
        Oh my goodness that's embarrassing. . I sincerely don't remember rejecting any topics.

As a suggestion to help idiots like me, maybe for those topics that have rejected unseen topics to change the font color for Include Rejected Messages to red
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Michael, is there a way to send (publish) setup information from the plugin. For example, the Sonoff Time zone and Fahrenheit, need to be sent for each new device added. An HS3 event to send this info would be very convenient.

Steve Q
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

This is easy if the target nodes respond to wildcarded topics (+ and #). mcsMQTT has an event Action to publish. The body of the action is the topic and payload. The payload should be fixed and the topic would be wildcarded to fit the pattern appropriate for your setup. Eac time a new node needs this information then trigger the event.

If they do not accept wildcard topics then the easiest is to use a script parameter that is the topic and in the script publish the MQTT message.

These are described in the manual on Publishing MQTT messages section.

Comment

Michael, Thanks, I used events like the one below.

I really like the plugin. So I decided to upgrade from 3.2.9.x to ver 3.2.20.2. Now, nothing works!! I get error messages below.

Is there anyway to go back?

Steve Q
              Attached Files
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

You can go back. Every version is on mcsSprinklers.com using the format of mcsMQTT_w_x_y_z.zip. You do not want to, however as that would make you an orphan.

Take a look at Manual Tab for any of the devices that give message that Button not recognized. Confirm that the Status/Control UI radio is set to Button.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This plugin follows the HS3 convention where entries are accepted and acted upon immediately. If there is a problem with an entry then an alert box will appear. This feedback is not universally implemented. As you pointed out there is no Save button as there is no need for one. There are some action buttons (e.g. Show Association Table, Show History Table, Enumerate Non-Plugin devices).

The only way I could change anything was by entering the device reference number in the upper left box on the page. This then populated the page with the subscribe and publish topics.
                    This is the design of the Manual Page. Either the Ref or the Subscription Topic. You can also accomplish the same thing by clicking on the Association tab Ref button.

The VSP entries are discovered as payloads are received. If they were blank then no messages had yet been received. The VSP (List Option) was added in 3.2.10.0 so any payload received with versions before this would not be captured.

When values were presented, they were always wrong (1=off, 0=on) [see screen shot]. This forced me to edit the value/status pairs for every device.
                    The VSP on Manual tab does have provisions to add values manually and to remove any that are in error. If you do it in HS then the plugin does not know about them and they will not be synchronized. I did not want to add the VSP edit, but HST made the VSP status text a write-only property so the plugin cannot read what a user enters on the Device Management page.

When values were presented, they were always wrong (1=off, 0=on) [see screen shot]
                    The Status/Control UI for the screen shot is shown to be "Unspecified". If you had selected Button then it would have assigned 0 to Off and 1 to On. Until a use is assigned the plugin does not try to validate the payloads it receives.

Also, it was not possible to add any graphics (see message).
                    The properties are setup by the plugin based upon the Control/Status UI selected either automatically on the Association tab when a topic is accepted or manually on the Manual tab. If you bypass the plugin configuration of the device then you will be restricted.

I will attempt to recreate the 4 devices. HS3 has lots of problems with editing. I have seen many times where a simple edit will cause a functioning event to stop working.
                    Events are associated with Device References. When a new Reference is assigned to a Device then all Events in which that Device was participating will become non-functional.

I suspect that some time could have been saved with a few more questions about how the plugin works. It has been going through much development that past month based upon user feedback and getting a better understanding of desires of different users with different needs and expectations. Some have been active on the board through the evolution, but most like yourself just see snapshots so can be confusing. I have been trying to keep the manual reasonably current, but the pace of change is fast.

Comment

Comment

Have you selected the Button control/status radio from the Manual tab? Also on this tab are all the device MISC properties that are touched by the plugin. If selecting the radio does not give you what you want then you can select the MISC checkboxes to affect the device properties. If you need to do this, however, there is something else wrong.

If the control/status UI radio is selected to be Number then the VSP row will be blank on the Manual tab.

If you are publishing On and Off payloads and these are not being seen on the Manual tab then look at the Statistics tab to make certain they are being seen by the plugin. You should also be able to see them at the next level on the Association tab payload with an update of the LastDate for when it was received.

Comment

Pertaining to HS device management saving. You do not need to hit the done button for HS to save, you can simply hit the back button on your mouse/browser and it will already be saved.
                          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Have you selected the Button control/status radio from the Manual tab? Also on this tab are all the device MISC properties that are touched by the plugin. If selecting the radio does not give you what you want then you can select the MISC checkboxes to affect the device properties. If you need to do this, however, there is something else wrong.

If the control/status UI radio is selected to be Number then the VSP row will be blank on the Manual tab.

If you are publishing On and Off payloads and these are not being seen on the Manual tab then look at the Statistics tab to make certain they are being seen by the plugin. You should also be able to see them at the next level on the Association tab payload with an update of the LastDate for when it was received.

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                              Pertaining to HS device management saving. You do not need to hit the done button for HS to save, you can simply hit the back button on your mouse/browser and it will already be saved.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X