Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payload

Hi
    Im not sure if im doing something wrong or if there is a bug in the event engine or if the plugin have a bug.

But i create 2 event, that is listening to the same subject, with payload LOCKED or UNLOCKED.
    When i change the payload, so event 1 listen to "LOCKED", and event 2 listen to "UNLOCKED" , and then reload the page, both of the event have the same payload. If i change it again, and reload, they will again change.
    Can anyone guide me
    Here is a printscreen:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/l0D06ehcebaJ

Im running Homeseer 3.0.0.435

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
    Hi
    Im not sure if im doing something wrong or if there is a bug in the event engine or if the plugin have a bug.

But i create 2 event, that is listening to the same subject, with payload LOCKED or UNLOCKED.
    When i change the payload, so event 1 listen to "LOCKED", and event 2 listen to "UNLOCKED" , and then reload the page, both of the event have the same payload. If i change it again, and reload, they will again change.
    Can anyone guide me
    Here is a printscreen:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/l0D06ehcebaJ

Im running Homeseer 3.0.0.435

Hello rankis78,

I notice that both your events are disabled. Is there any reason for that? Because if they disabled they won't trigger automatically ====> Else I have not looked at other faults in detail.

EDIT : I have not yet worked with that plugin yet but it may have an option to click and edit typing in a pop up dialog box before you type otherwise the input will not register!

Eman.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eman; April 24, 2018, 09:37 AM.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Yes correct i disabled them since the change i do is not correct.
      Because one event should be unlocked and other should be locked, and they seems ok, but after reload of page, both are equal again

Comment

I am not able to reproduce any problem with two events of same topic but different payloads. It does seem like in your case edits are not being saved which perhaps is due to some error while the Event page is open. In general HS is responsible for saving and restoring event edits, but mcsMQTT has a role.

There is debug saved by mcsMQTT in /Data/mcsMQTT/mcsMQTT_Debug.txt when debug checkbox is enabled from the General Tab. It however, has only Topic info displayed. I have updated the source to also include the Payload in the debug so in the next upload it will have this additional info. Expect to get V3.3.0.0 uploaded today.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I am not able to reproduce any problem with two events of same topic but different payloads. It does seem like in your case edits are not being saved which perhaps is due to some error while the Event page is open. In general HS is responsible for saving and restoring event edits, but mcsMQTT has a role.

There is debug saved by mcsMQTT in /Data/mcsMQTT/mcsMQTT_Debug.txt when debug checkbox is enabled from the General Tab. It however, has only Topic info displayed. I have updated the source to also include the Payload in the debug so in the next upload it will have this additional info. Expect to get V3.3.0.0 uploaded today.
          Ok, i will wait until the new version.
          What i see is that the last payload that is changed to the event , is saved for both event, after webpage reload.
          So it saves something, but it saves it for both event, and not for the single event that is changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post

Hello Michael,

I don't know if it is something to do with region in the settings or whatever because I noticed that @ frankis78 is in Norway and when you look deeper in that image there are some characters which are not the normal wording in HomeSeer. We lately have had a situation with the Jeedom plugin which @Shodan has solved by fixing a .php file for the Monitoring plugin for Jeedom.

(@Shodan you are a five *****!)

Now I don't say that am wright but a situation occurred once during my thread about MQTT plugin where I could not understand why one of the posters had a problem with characters showed differently. The records are there but what made me really feel bad was the author was not helping by not posting on HomeSeer forums hence my Welcoming you when you posted on my thread. ====> Now that was a rant! But the records are there!

Look at that angle there could be something

Eman.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing about character set. I've seen a few issues with HS and plugins recently that seemed to point to issues with non-US character sets.
              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I tried with non special characters , but it was still the same.

Here you can see before and after reload.
                https://www.screencast.com/t/tDOyXIK2scDv
                https://www.screencast.com/t/EsRmVQibUVu
                https://www.screencast.com/t/obImmtpU2Wdl

Comment

I tried with non special characters , but it was still the same.

Here you can see before and after reload.
                  https://www.screencast.com/t/tDOyXIK2scDv
                  https://www.screencast.com/t/EsRmVQibUVu
                  https://www.screencast.com/t/obImmtpU2Wdl

Hi frankis78,

Can change the naming of your events to English and see if makes a difference?

Image below :

Eman.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I tried now, but it is still the same
                    https://www.screencast.com/t/R4xEQNpAcu4

Comment

I tried now, but it is still the same
                      https://www.screencast.com/t/R4xEQNpAcu4
                      I can see something else! what do you get when you remove the payload (because it seems to be optional) or do you have to pick it from a list of options
                      Because I have not used the plugin yet, by the look of things it may be conflicting with the event conditions. I don't know if am wright?

Edit: Have you updated the plugin yet? ===>3.3.X.X

Eman.
                      Last edited by Eman; April 25, 2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I updated the plugin, and it is still the same.
                        When i remove the payload on single event, it removes on both.
                        I see that just by clicking on the yellow arrow to close the line, it changes , so i dont even need to reload the page.

Comment

I updated the plugin, and it is still the same.
                          When i remove the payload on single event, it removes on both.
                          I see that just by clicking on the yellow arrow to close the line, it changes , so i dont even need to reload the page.
                          Now that's strange! What version of HomeSeer do you have?

Edit: Sorry checked again see you have .435

Eman.

Comment

Im running the latest of all, and homeseer 3.0.0.435

Comment

Do you have another browser to edit from? Else do what Michael mentioned at post #4 then PM him.

Eman.

Comment

Working...
                              X