Version 3.3.x.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 3.3.x.x

Version 3.3.0.0 is available in the Updater. The most significant update is a new tab from which time-based chart for MQTT payload items can be produced.

There has also been a standardization of approach to selecting labels, status, values and strings. Radio and checkboxes associated with specification of what goes into the payload have been removed. Now all specification of the source of payload content comes from the payload template and use of substitution variables.

Because of this standardization, those who have selected the non-default settings for payload content will need to make edits when using versions after 3.2.x.x. The most likely case is for the Button control that was selected to publish number rather than label. The edit will be to use $$value: in the Payload template to publish the number rather than the label.

Charts are made from data that has been retained from the collected History. Charting is available for Topics and JSON items that are numeric or can be represented as Value-Status-Pairs. If VSP's have not been setup, the pairs will be automatically assigned as the chart is being generated.

Two items can be viewed on the same chart. Each item has its own labeled Y axis and share a common X axis.

For Windows users the charting infrastructure comes with mcsMQTT. For Linux users the GNUPlot distribution needs to be installed. For Debian-based systems it is
    sudo apt-get install gnuplot5.
    Attached Files

Version 3.3.1.0 added a Edit popup that is displayed when an Association row Ref button or row number hyperlink is clicked. Edits made in the popup are synchronized with the Association tab and Edit/Add tabs of the main page.

The click of the row number and Ref button produce the same result when a HS device exists, but if a received topic has not yet been Accepted then use of the row number click will generate a new HS device and associated it with the subscription topic.

This addition reduces keystrokes and can be used in lieu of the Accept checkbox to get immediate feedback of all the properties that have been assigned automatically.

Comment

Awesome work, just awesome!
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Sounds great. Do you think I will have to reconfigure my devices that were created with ver 3.3.0.3. Everything is working perfectly for me.

Steve Q
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Thank you Michael...gave the new options a spin with one device.

[ATTACH]68587[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68588[/ATTACH]

Started with both humidity and temperature and changed it to temperature. Number of temperature readings is now over 100.

[ATTACH]68589[/ATTACH]

Wondering if I have an incorrect setting somewhere as I am not seeing any charting yet.

[ATTACH]68590[/ATTACH]
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Do you think I will have to reconfigure my devices that were created with ver 3.3.0.3.
            This does not affect existing setups. It is just an variation in the UI for the Edit function.

Wondering if I have an incorrect setting somewhere as I am not seeing any charting yet.
            You do not see Chart tab, items to select for a chart, or chart once selection made?

Comment

I see the chart tab (picture above) but nothing underneath it.

I have disabled and enabled the plugin and still do not see the items you mentioned.

Could it be that I installed gnuplot5 while Homeseer was running, then updated the plugin to version 3.3.1.0.

Should I maybe shut down HS3 and reboot computer / restart HS3?

Cleared the Firefox cache.

No charting stuff yet.

Shut down HS3 and rebooted to restart HS3.

Running HS3 Pro on Intel Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit (LAMP server)

That worked and now see the charting options.

[ATTACH]68591[/ATTACH]
              Last edited by Pete; May 4, 2018, 08:52 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Nothing to do with GNUPlot install. I only see History tab screen shots above. I do not see anything from Chart tab.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Yup here just add GNUPlot, updated plugin and didn't see anything under the chart tab.

Then just shut down Homeseer and did a reboot of the server and all appears well now as pictured in post #7.

Can I manually write and event to generate the graph for display on Homeseer Touch?

/mcsMQTT/plot1.png

Similarly to what I was doing using mcsTemperature in Homeseer 2.

Well it was a VB script that run the temperature page graphing then grabbed the jpg image of the graph.
                  Last edited by Pete; May 4, 2018, 09:50 PM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Yes purchased the charting program (Chartdirector) you utilized in mcsTemperature.

Not sure if they have free demo anymore. Works in Linux or Windows. (.NET, C#, VB, ASP, COM, Java, C++, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, ColdFusion)

Here is the script that I used for the charting and images ...thinking you helped me with it a few years back.

Code:
                      Sub Main(byVal Parm As Object) 

Dim Result As String = hs.GetURL("http://127.0.0.1","/Temperature.asp?Page=trend",TRUE,9999) 
                      'Wait 40 seconds for page to load 
                      For X As Integer = 1 to 50 
                          hs.waitsecs(1) 
                      Next 

Dim sLastName as String = “”

Dim dLastDate as Date = #1/1/1900#

Dim oFileList As String() = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(hs.GetAppPath & "\html\mcsTemp”, "*.jpg")

For Each sFile As String In oFileList

Dim oFile As System.IO.FileInfo = New System.IO.FileInfo(sFile)

Dim dDate As Date = oFile.LastWriteTime

If dDate > dLastDate then

sLastName = oFile.Name

dLastDate = dDate

End if

Next

If sLastName <> “” then

My.Computer.FileSystem.CopyFile(hs.GetAppPath & "\html\mcsTemp\” & sLastName,hs.GetAppPath & "\HTML\Images\wunderground\mcs.jpg",TRUE) 

End if

' hs.writeLog("Name", "Source: "&sLastName)
                      ' hs.writeLog ("MCSource", "File is"&FileLen("C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HTML\mcsTemp\"&sLastName)&" Bytes at "&filedatetime("C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HTML\mcstemp\"&sLastName))
                      ' hs.writeLog ("MCSJPG", "is "&FileLen("C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HTML\Images\wunderground\mcs.jpg")&" Bytes at "&filedatetime("C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HTML\Images\wunderground\mcs.jpg"))

end sub
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Version 3.3.2.0...

I have added HTTP get request for chart. Couple examples below. Note that the file in the \html\mcsMQTT file is returned. If an error occurs then blank is returned. As an example it will return the filename of the plot such as "plot1.png"

Code:
                        http://192.168.0.14/MQTT%20Setup?Chart&Y1=HyderonRain/STATE:Wifi:RSSI&StartDate=1-1-2018&EndDate=5-1-2018&Y1Min=0&Y1Max=100

http://192.168.0.14/MQTT%20Setup?Chart&Y1=HyderonRain/STATE:Wifi:RSSI&Y1Min=0&Y1Max=100&Duration= 10 20:30:40

QueryString parameters are:

Chart - required
                        Y1 - required, topic name on left Y axis
                        Y1Min - optional left Y axis minimum
                        Y1Max - optional left Y axis maximum
                        Y2 - optional, topic name on right Y axis
                        Y2Min - optional right Y axis minimum
                        Y2Max - optional right Y axis maximum
                        StartDate - optional start date
                        EndDate - optional end date
                        Duration - optional in format of dd hh:mm:ss (end date is set at current date/time)

Duration has priority over StartDate and EndDate
                        If no date is given then period is current day
                        If no Y min or max is given then autoscaling is done
                        Last edited by Michael McSharry; May 8, 2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Testing...

/MQTT Setup?Chart&Y1=/26.5CD3F1000000/temperature&Y1Min=0&Y1Max=100

Guessing that:

/MQTT Setup?Chart

should take me to the chart tab.

and do not see it going to the chart page via html or generating a png file.
                          Last edited by Pete; May 6, 2018, 01:42 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

This HTTP get function does not render a page, but only returns the text of the file name that is created. If null is returned then there was some issue with the chart such as less that two data points over the range being requested or some typo in the topic.

Assure that the chart can be generated manually from the Chart tab. This will require you to specify an explicit date range that could be replicated on the HTTP request.

Comment

Thank you Michael...

Works...

/MQTT Setup?Chart&Y1=26.5CD3F1000000/temperature

[ATTACH]68609[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68610[/ATTACH]
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X