No announcement yet.

Version 3.3.x.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like latest version 3.3.2.0 of mcsMQTT quit early this morning with the following log entries. Currently running Homeseer 3 V.3.0.0.435

May-08 3:15:24 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    May-08 3:16:19 AM Warning Plugin mcsMQTT is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    May-08 3:30:24 AM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin mcsMQTT, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    May-08 3:30:31 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    May-08 3:31:19 AM Warning Plugin mcsMQTT is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    May-08 3:45:24 AM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin mcsMQTT, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    May-08 3:45:30 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    May-08 3:46:19 AM Warning Plugin mcsMQTT is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

It is preventing me from navigating the HS3 GUI to disable the plugin.

I was able to shut down HomeSeer, restart and disable the mcsMQTT plugin for today.

Should I enable the plugin today and debug to watch what happens and causes it to debend Homeseer?

Relating to:

The currently is no automation for charting. Please propose what you would be useful for you. I can see an http get, mqtt json, script, and event action possibilities. To deal with browser cache the chart name is changed. A mod 10 function used so the user had the last 10 charts available to include elsewhere. With an automation interface there needs to be a way for the caller to know what file name was produced or it could be an input parameter as well.

I am fine with any methodology you want to use for charting (as long as it is documented and I can do it long math wise via the HS GUI or a short script).

Looking at your chart I can see that autoscaling is good for analysis, but not good for looking at things like temperature over time. Provisions should exist for user-specified y axis scales.

Yes the temperatures scaling isn't optimal over time and control would be nice. I have looked at the configuration file for the gnuplotting stuff.

Looking at your chart I can see that autoscaling is good for analysis, but not good for looking at things like temperature over time. Provisions should exist for user-specified y axis scales.

BTW getting ready to add the Red node running in the attic RPi for second floor / attic temperature and humidity sensors. Broker #2 serving up temperatures.

Still looking to convert my Red Node lighting 1-wire sensor to a meaningful number similiar to what you where doing for xAP.

Getting good numbers but want to reset the counter every midnight and get lightning rates per hour from the two counters.

I have put a counter function formula in one of the nodes for the 1-wire. Using a power rate formula in Red Node. Thinking though it would be better to just incorporate this in the mcsMQTT plugin.

Current raw values (no forumula)

5/8/2018, 5:37:10 AMnode: 1D.37C-Lightning11D.37C907000000/counter.A : msg.payload : string[8]
    "15801445"
    5/8/2018, 5:37:11 AMnode: 1D.37C-Lightning1
    1D.37C907000000/counter.A : msg.payload : string[8]
    "15801445"

Massaging with forumula but not implementing yet.

Code:
    var lastDt = context.get("lastDt");
    var nextDt = new Date(msg.payload);
    context.set("lastDt", nextDt);

var lastWh = context.get("lastWh");
    var nextWh = +msg.count;
    context.set("lastWh", nextWh);

if (lastDt && lastWh) {
        var diffHr = (nextDt - lastDt) / 1000 / 60 / 60;
        var diffWh = nextWh - lastWh;
        msg.payload = diffWh / diffHr;
    }
    else {
        msg = null;
    }
    return msg;
    Last edited by Pete; May 8, 2018, 05:38 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Version 3.3.3.0 has added the ability to click on the Association tab payload value and this will popup a chart with the time history of that payload. Prior to this working the topic needs to be part of the set that are captured for History as specified on the General tab.

Named chart definitions can now be saved and recalled from the Chart tab. This makes it easy to customize a chart that will be viewed multiple times and only need to recall it's definition by name.

This definition name can also be used in the HTTP chart-on-demand request. For example is a definition has been named "XYZ" then the following will generate the chart defined by XYZ parameters

http://SomeIP/mcsMQTT%20Setup?Chart=XYZ

In the case of the clicking on Payload value to bring up a chart the definition file can be used to customize this chart as well. If a definition file exists for the subscription topic of the payload (i.e. definition name same as topic) then the popup chart will obey the formatting of the definition file. Otherwise the popup will show all history data for the topic on the left Y axis and auto scaled.

I have put a counter function formula in one of the nodes for the 1-wire. Using a power rate formula in Red Node. Thinking though it would be better to just incorporate this in the mcsMQTT plugin.
      In the pre-.NET days it was possible to execute numeric expressions at run time, thus allowing user expressions on incoming or outgoing data. I used it with mcsTemperature. I think J# has some capability in this area, but since it has been abandoned by MS and don't know Mono support it may not be a good road to take. I will explore a little. I agree it is a nice feature to transform numerically within the plugin just as the text transformation can be done with regular expressions.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Updated to V3.3.3.0 and enabled the plugin.

Named chart definitions can now be saved and recalled from the Chart tab.

In the case of the clicking on Payload value to bring up a chart the definition file can be used to customize this chart as well.

Thank you.

I will explore a little.

Might be easier to do this in node red and not worth the effort to explore.

IE:

for lightning
        1 - rate count create a variable to pass to mcsMQTT
        2 - zero at midnight and a day count from 00:00 time

For a dual HB counter (like a water meter)
        1 - rate
        2 - total gallons per time frame count

or for a 1-wire tipping bucket (like Dallas tipping bucket and digital rain guage)...just counting forumula.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Might be easier to do this in node red and not worth the effort to explore
          I found a few .dll's that provide expression evaluation so I will continue with providing this capability. It is a good general feature such as converting mm to cm to in etc when the source sensor has no computational capability to do such things.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

BTW V.3.3.3.0 ran all night with no issues.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I really like the chart function. I was trying to chart a publish topic. I can see that it is recorded in the history database, but it is not a selection in the drop down menu, only subscribed topic show up. Is there a way to chart publish topics.
              Thanks for the great plug in and all of your hard work.
              John

Comment

Fixed missing publish topics in 3.3.3.1

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Updated 09th of May and all is well with V3.3.3.1.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Tried to update yesterday and updater appears not to update?

[ATTACH]68762[/ATTACH]
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Same Problem Here. But I think the new version ID was not updated to 3.3.4.0 within the PI, as the new features seem to be present?
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

My problem was fixed. As noted it was a lack of update of the version id in the build.

Comment

Tried again here to update and still showing version 3.3.3.1 and an update of version 3.3.4.0.

This is on Homeseer 3 Pro / Lite V435 running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

[ATTACH]68769[/ATTACH]

I see the new additions as mentioned above.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Updated PI fixed it on Windows for me.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Tried the Pine64 running Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and Homeseer 3 V.435

Install/Update of package mcsMQTT was successfull

Still showing V. 3.3.3.1 active with an update of (3.3.4.0)

This is the first time I have seen this updating mcsMQTT.

Will try to delete the plugin and reinstalling it on the HS3 lite box running on the Pine64.

1 - deleted plugin using the X under the plugin manager.
                                2 - installed it
                                3 - status shows same with current version 3.3.3.1 and update version 3.3.4.0
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X