Version 3.4.x.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete

Loaded Tasmota 6.1.1.7 onto a basic, it now works properly....I had an earlier version of 6.1.1x and it was weird....Good to see you've resolved your issue

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

petez69

Not really sure which version of firmware I uploaded to the SonoffSV for testing.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Michael McSharry

Updated mcsMQTT to version 3.4.7.0 and Sonoff Basic Wifi to firmware version 5.9.13g.

With the above have one DSB1820 temperature sensor working.

You mentioned earlier that I can utilize multiple sensors.

My current two 1-wire networks here are using two RPi's / Node Red / OWFS via POE connected RPi's.

Would this work if I connected the two one wire networks (which have both temperature and temperature/humidity) sensors to the SonOff basic Wifi modules instead?

Can I run multiple temperature/humidity sensors on one SonOff basic Wifi device rather than using an RPi?

This would then remove the OWFS / Node Red piece.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I don't remember if I tried two DS18B20 when I was testing this for you before, but it seems to me that the library is setup to allow a daisy-chain of 1-wire sensors on the assigned to a GPIO pin.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Going to try to connect some spare AAG, Midon or HB combo sensors to the spare Sonoff WiFi basic that I finished using the externally mounted ardunio 1-wire sensor.

The RPi in the attic is also doing ZWave and connected to an SDR and downloading NOAA satellite maps (well and Node Red / OWFS).

If this works then may use a Sonoff SV 12VDC powered and tap a 5VDC for the 1-wire network.

Curious whether it'll see the humidity readings from the combo sensors. Guessing that it will. Here my current two RPi / Node Red / OWFS 1-wire networks are using mostly all combo sensors in the bathrooms, bedrooms, hallways, attic, lightning sensor from the attic down and the basement RPi is covering main floor and outside.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete

I see temp and humidity from an AM2301 fine with tasmota
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Thank you Pete.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Just flashed the absolute latest 6.2.0 on most of my units. The src last night wouldnt compile but looks to be fixed overnight....If you are using straight sonoff devices, just do the OTA upgrade with minimal and then the full ino file.

AM2301 is the 2nd option int eh drop down box in configuration :-) Click image for larger version

Name:	am2301.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1245293
                  HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Thank you Pete.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

OK got up to 8 DS18B20 temperature sensors working with the SonOff basic Wifi module.

Many of the 8 sensors are combo sensors that I used for main floor and outside from Midon and Hobby Boards.

I do not see any of the 1-wire DS2438 humidity sensors at this time and it appears that the Tasmota firmware will not see these sensors.

So going to try using the DS18B20 sensors and will purchase a few of the AM2302 sensors and see if both types work.

Wow much cheaper than the old combo temperature-humidity sensors.

Here is testing 3 DS18S20 sensors using DQ, Ground and 5VDC with resistor between DQ and 5VDC.

Thinking there is a resistor mounted on the Arduino DS18B20 board so might tap in to board.

Adding another 3 terminals to the top of the SonOff case for the sensors for a total of 6 terminals.

3.3VDC, 5VDC, GPIO x,x,x.

The preference here is to shift from using the RPi / Node Red / OWFS / Mosquitto box 1-Wire to doing something smaller cheaper and "solid state".

Glued and soldered new terminals today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sonoff1-wire.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1246020

Tested cococation with attached DS18B20 plus 3 more DS18B20's

Name:	mainfloor.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1246019

Changing my second floor 1-wire network here using the RJ-45 / DS18B20 connector to single port small surface mount single jack box removing the combo temperature and humidity sensors for temps only and probably will install 2-3 combo temperature/humidity sensors (AM2302)
                      Last edited by Pete; September 7, 2018, 12:38 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I actually am really starting to like Node Red....I've managed to teach myself a bit of javascript and have slider switches controlling HS through mqtt messaging. Just got the node red switches tracking HS device states so no matter who's controlling,t hey always have the correct state on their device...

Name:	node red temperature.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1245984
                        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I am not a Node-Red user but my understanding is that it a glue tool. Truth for any subject needs to exist somewhere in the system. A consistent methodology for holder of truth will yield the most understandable and reliable system.

Comment

Great master of truth, i fully agree....someone needs to be the "keymaster". It is most certainly the glue, some even believe it to be the holder of truth but I'll leave that to HS and "the broker". I did have a play with one of my HS arduino devices sending its status and setting the retain flag and of course on node-red restart the status was returned :-)

I simply plan to use node-red for the gui interface to HS.....for now :-)

Your plugin makes node-red possible....

Thankyou..Pete
                            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Michael McSharry , petez69

Looking now to introduce LED 12VDC dimming to my SonOff SV using PWM.

Is this feasible?

Click image for larger version  Name:	arduinodimmer.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	1246260

Arduino Pin 9 is just doing PWM (Pulse-width modulation).) from the ESP chip.

Reading something like doing using pins 4,5 and GPIO15 for PWM.

I already have the tiny circuit board / pot doing manual dimming.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dimmer1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	1246264

Topology is:

LED driver ==> SonOff SV ==> 12VDC out ==> Dimming circuit board with pot ==> LED lamps

Click image for larger version  Name:	PVMA.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.8 KB ID:	1246268

NE555 Timer, LM356 Op Amp, D472A N-Channel SDMOSTM POWER Transistor, 78L05 5V 100mA Voltage Regulator

Name:	chips.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1246310
                              Last edited by Pete; September 8, 2018, 01:11 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

PAM on 8266 is SW so not real deterministic. ESP32 does it in HW so works very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X