X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Michael.

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete I created a plugin for Shelly RGBW controller, so you don't need to muck around with flashing firmware anymore...
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ig-screenshots

Comment

Thank you Alex!

Googling the Shelly RGBW 2 controller on Amazon. Might give it a go.

Lately purchased a smart cam and did review a take apart and redo of the firmware as it is using MQTT and the cloud. It can be done.

Next project (in vivo right now) is changing over my outdoor landscaping lighting to using an RGB controller (for only white lighting) and MQTT.

It was a PITA to build modify the magichome controllers. BUT enjoyed doing this as it keeps me busy in my old age.

These are using a customized (Michael) Espurna firmware and totally modded and wired magichome controller.

I have four of these going now (under kitchen cabinets and over kitchen cabinets) with the added digital on off switch and dimmer pot and using in wall tiny 120VAC to 12VDC power supply plus added a temperature sensor to each one (not using remote).

The WAF part was the built in digital on off switch and dimmer.

She wouldn't utilize a remote for these (handheld or phone).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Googling the Shelly RGBW 2 controller on Amazon. Might give it a go.
          Shelly have a good range of devices (and working on new ones, i.e. dimmers) https://shelly.cloud/shop_shelly/.

They are very well engineered (comparing to Sonoff, which I'm also working on). They have lots of options, including MQTT support, and direct device-to-device communication. But I use REST API for those who can't be bothered setting up MQTT server. And myself, I prefer to "Keep It Simple" to minimise room for errors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelly-ht-white.png
Views:	318
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1318167 I add the Shelly devices to my plugin one-by-one, and the more I work with them - the more I fall in love . Next on my list is https://shelly.cloud/product/shelly-...rature-sensor/.

I want to use it in bathroom to control the exhaust fan automatically when humidity changes.

I buy them directly from Shelly website.

Comment

I like the H&T but thought they should have added a micro UBS jack like the MS100+. Then as I was reading your post I found that they kinda did but it's a separate base. I'd rather it be built in but it's totally fine the way they did it.
            Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Shelly-ht-white.png Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	1318167 I add the Shelly devices to my plugin one-by-one, and the more I work with them - the more I fall in love . Next on my list is https://shelly.cloud/product/shelly-...rature-sensor/.

I want to use it in bathroom to control the exhaust fan automatically when humidity changes.

I buy them directly from Shelly website.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Been using Espurna Firmware more than Tasmota firmware. Very flexible and many options. The WAF stuff was modding the controller with a digital pot.

It is multifunctional with one temperature sensor. Switched my 1-wire temperature network to using SonOff basic here with Espurna firmware. Have only two in place here...one in the attic that covers attic temps and all rooms on the second floor and one in the basement which covers outside, basement and main floor rooms.

The garage SonOff basic is also multifunctions with up and down sensors, button and a temperature sensor. (Tasmota firmware).

The box is very small and all you see under the kitchen counter cabinets is the pot. No power supply is seen.

I can still control the power supply here with UPB (main light switches here are all UPB) and it will remember the dim level should I power it off.

Keep tinkering these days. Just purchased 2 1watt serial modems which work up to 8Km (fun toy) and no dependencies on cellular technology for this to work.

I am more of a hardware tinkerer than a HS3 software tinkerer. I do have 4 HS servers running today plus two Home Assistant servers running.

Just found out that the new tiny smart cams which talk to the alexa show are using MQTT and can be modded which I am probably going to do.

My latest HS3 / HA server is running on a Beelink BT3 Pro running Ubuntu 18.04 and an Oracle Windows 7e embedded virtual box and running Docker on it, mono on it, Mosquitto server on it. It is very propietary and easy peasey running. Now built 2 more for a couple of HS3 users.

Before the Intel based Beelink also have up and running (HS3 #5) an Octcore ARM TVBox with Armbian Ubuntu (doing well for an arm CPU and runs circles around any RPi to date). Price was around $50 or so with 3Gb of DDR3 RAM and I can run the OS on the 32Gb eMMC. It also includes a Gb NIC, Wireless 2.4/5 Ghz and Bluetooth in a much smaller package than the RPi. The deal here is deleting the Android OS running on the eMMC (really not much of an Android person here).
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am more of a hardware tinkerer than a HS3 software tinkerer.
                I have a degree in electronics (control systems for Nuclear Power Plants), but about 20 years ago I moved to S/W - I find it more exciting and powerful...
                I do have 4 HS servers running today plus two Home Assistant servers running.
                If you don't mind asking - why do you need 6 servers at home?

Just purchased 2 1watt serial modems which work up to 8Km (fun toy) and no dependencies on cellular technology for this to work
                Can you please post a link? Sounds interesting...

Comment

I have a degree in electronics (control systems for Nuclear Power Plants), but about 20 years ago I moved to S/W - I find it more exciting and powerful...

Understood Alex.

yes tinkered a bit with ML in the early 1980's. Electronics was always a hobby. In the 1960's was in to amateur radio and built Knight kits (stereo, code only transmitter et al)
                  School went the Biology / Biochemistry direction (doctorate) and electronics continued to be a hobby.

In the 2000's worked remotely with Telstra there on airport(s) security, freight, customs et al...everybody was very nice (doing IT stuff).

why do you need 6 servers at home?

It is more than 6 servers. I have three NAS boxes configured here. Multiple MS servers and Linux servers. Last NAS box and firewall run in BSD.
                  Mostly to learn rather than a need.

Here is a link to the the serial modems which have been working well right now testing them with little RFID tags in the automobiles, RFID tag receiver / modem in garage talking to modem in the basement server room.

Here is the website for the modems.

hxxp://www.ebyte.com/en/

They are on Ebay these days new with free shipping for less than $20...not including antenna or power supply.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thank you Pete . Many interesting people here

Ah, EBYTE devices are LoRaWAN based, we actually looked at them for work. I'll have a look again...

Comment

Best of all that it appears that the EBYTE devices are well contructed and only $15 USD each.

Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up (retired now and mostly a grandpa).
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I received my EBYTE devices, but have not done anything with them. They seem more like industrial than stealth devices. I likely will continue with ESP32/LoRa, but good for a point of comparison. In rural areas LoRaWAN is not practical at this time, but if one lives in an urban area, especially northern Eurpope, then this his a great way to get remote information disseminated.

Comment

Yeah here it is more of a tinker toy. All of my automation stuff (servers) here are in the basement. I have always extended transport (whether serial or ethernet) via the wire.

Historically these modems cost over $100 each (commercial style). Used black box stuff in the 1990's for logistics type of stuff.

IE: my ZWave is running on an RPi POE connected in the attic via ethernet. My original irrigation box was using a 200 foot serial cable to the basement at one time.

I still have the cheaper RFID stuff and W800 in the attic with wires going down two floors to the basement. Using this modem now testing one cheaper rfid reciever and it works really nice wireless (well overkill with 1 watt 8k range).
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

These are using a customized (Michael) Espurna firmware and totally modded and wired magichome controller.
                            BTW, Shelly devices have serial port for flashing firmware, accessible externally without need to open it
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	shelly1_pinout-800x433.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.0 KB ID:	1318673 Click image for larger version

Name:	rgbw_led_strip_shelly.png
Views:	250
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1318674

Comment

Working...
                            X