MQTT-plugin sending string On/off, not 0 or 1 to Node-red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MQTT-plugin sending string On/off, not 0 or 1 to Node-red

I've been working on my heating project this weekend, but I am stuck at the moment. I hope it is a simple setting somewhere I have missed, and some one can give me a clue how to solve this.
    I'm running mscMQTT on Homeseer, and MQTT with Node-Red in a Raspberry PI. In the screen shot below, the blue boxes are working. When clicked they transmit 1 and + to the relay switch, turning it on and off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde2.PNG
Views:	278
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1245195

However, when turn it on or off from HS it does not work. Error message from Node-Red.
    It seems the message is text, not 1 or 0.

Name:	Skjermbilde3.PNG
Views:	143
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1245196

Device options, can I change anything here to make it work?

Name:	Skjermbilde1.PNG
Views:	257
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1245194

Try adding $$value: as the Publish Payload Template. The default is the label which will be On or Off.

Comment

It seems it still sends a string, it also adds a lot more to the VSP list:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Skjermbilde4.PNG Views:	1 Size:	25.3 KB ID:	1245204
      Last edited by HAorso33; September 2, 2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Missing a colon ":" after the $$value, but I dont understand why VSP list changed.unless these were received from mqtt messages. They can be deleted by entering the label in the text box below them. If you do not have success then a work around is to change from Button to Number. This will give you a different UI if you are trying to control from HS GUI.

Comment

Thanks, the colon ":" did it, I think! It seems to be working now

Comment

Working...
          X