Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on ESPeasy payload

Hi Michael

ESPeasy allows to send complex commands in the payload to control GPIO, OLED screens and lots of other stuff. I'm trying to send a value to the ESPeasy device via MQTT.

DeviceID = 99. One of my thermal sensors

topic and payload required:

/benchESPeasy/cmd=OLED,2,1,$$DSR:99:

Error in the log is:

HandleAction Line 0 Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

Sending the time to the device

/benchESPeasy/cmd=OLED,2,1,$$time

HandleAction Line 0 startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex

Am I able to use replacement variables in the plugin ?

Thankyou..Peter
    HS 2.2.0.11

I will be back home tomorrow. I can look at particular info then. In the original action substitution the DSR was not done. I do not know if I included it later when I did templates. The $$time also looks suspicious without colon. whatever is in mcsMQTT.pdf should be correct.

Comment

HI Michael

I did try it with and without the full colon, same result...as per your documentation

/benchESPeasy/cmd=OLED,2,1,$$TIME:

error produced

HandleAction Line 0 Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

All interesting (for some anyway) :-) Espeasy does look interesting, I'm not really sold on much of the infrastructure here being on wireless however there are situations for non critical applications that its not a bad sollution. Putting an 128x32 OLED into the wild on wireless here is kinda neat....

Thankyou..Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I confirmed DSR was not available and $$time does not have colon, but I found a bug associated with it. I generalized Value, String and Status to be available using Reference, Address, or Code. The update is in version 3.4.8.0 that I am submitting to the updater and also available http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_4_8_0.zip. The manual was updated too to reflect the additional substitution options.

Comment

Michael, in the office so I cant see the OLED however I did send $$TIME: and there was no error in the log...will advise

Thankyou
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

The trailing colon will likely be present on your OLED since only $$TIME is being substituted.

Comment

Ahh, ok I'd better refer to your documentation :-)

Michael, as an aside, have you come across any MQTT products/projects that use devices on ethernet ? I see a plethora of ESP8226 devices and derivatives that have "limited" I/O capability, I see even there was a port some time ago of ESPeasy on Mega2560. I note on ESPeasy you can use an Arduino Nano as a port expander but thats all I've seen....

Sorry I should have clarified, yes I can code a Mega2560 to have static functionality however what tasmota and ESPeasy bring to arduino, would be nice if it also applied to ethernet(lan) type environments.

Pete
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Micheal

Thankyou, payload looks good on mosquitto. ESPeasy seems a tad buggy, not responding appropriately to OLED commands however I can see the topic and payload fine....thankyou, works fine

Pete
                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

There likely is not much of a consumer market for wired widgets so if anybody did go to the effort to develop an alternate OS then the community that knows about it is small. RPi could fit this category, but it has hitched up to the Linux bandwagon. Even it does not have any killer use/application that would foster a consumer product that could be hacked with a 3rd party OS.

I have never tried to go to the next step with PlatformIO and Tasmota to tweak the chip level interface so I am not aware of the difficulty of moving from ESP family to ATMega or others. Since these were derived from an Arduino environment it seems that it would not be that much of an effort for somebody who liked doing this type of thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X