SonOff WiFi Basic GDO multisensor - button - temperature sensor project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SonOff WiFi Basic GDO multisensor - button - temperature sensor project

This is an overview of the GDO SonOff WiFi basic project.

Doing a quickie summary here as new Chamberlain MyQ GDO is using security 2.0 + which is different than older Liftmaster GDO.

This Chamberlain GDO is an upgrade from the Liftmaster and Craftsman of old. Never connected or used the MyQ stuff. Personally I liked the Liftmaster and Craftman GDO's the best. Two weeks ago the Logic board went out on it. The GDO is over a year old and the logic board is only covered for 1 year. No local dealers would sell me a logic board due to saftey installation reasons (???). Ordered one from Chamberlain. The security 2.0 + stuff was more difficult to pair with the Homelink GDO buttons built in to the automobiles. The 2 wire GDO button is digital now rather than analog.

Hardware list for one GDO.

- SonOff basic WiFi module upgraded to current level of mcsTasmota via Linux serial JTAG port
    - 2 reed sensors for door open and closed sensors
    - DS18S20 old AAG 1-wire sensor + 4.7k Ohm pull up resistor
    - Liftmaster push button power control model # 883LMW

Hardware modifications for SonOff basic Wifi module

- cut trace for 120VAC solenoid switch such that it functions as a low voltage relay
    - wired GPIO #4
    - connected GPIO #3 (serial IN) to #57 Door Closed reed switch
    - connected GPIO #4 (aux GPIO) to #56 Door Open reed switch
    - connected GPIO #14 to DS18S20 AAG temperature sensor (3.3 VDC, Ground and DQ GPIO #14 - NOTE: pull up resistor is between DQ and 3.3VDC)

Changes: Removed DS18B20 temperature board and heatsink and went to an external DS18S20 temperature sensor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SonoffGDO.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	1257743Click image for larger version  Name:	SonOff - GDOStuff.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	1257744

Click image for larger version  Name:	GDO1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	1257727

Hardware modifications to Liftmaster push button control model # 883LMW

- Tiny button that can be glued on to the SonOff WiFi basic device
    - two wires are control wires to GDO (white and red)
    - two wires soldered for push button on to circuit board (blue and black)
    - programmed button removing current Chamberlain door button 2 wires. (Easy - just connect two wires and press button until it opens garage door).

Click image for larger version  Name:	ButtonWires.jpg Views:	1 Size:	203.6 KB ID:	1257741

HS3 Mosquitto Variables and button

Click image for larger version  Name:	MMQTTStuff.jpg Views:	2 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	1257764

Click image for larger version  Name:	HHS3Variable.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	1257742

Note: Project completed and in use with no issues. Please comment if I left anything out.

Final project did not utilize onboard temperature sensor and went to an aux DS18B20 sensor.

Included aux GPIO #4 wire use. This is optional and you can utilize JTAG GPIO ports (RX/TX instead).

Included the GDO button modifications here for a myQ Security 2.0+ digital button ($8.00 USD).

xxxxx
    Last edited by Pete; November 17th, 2018, 08:48 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 6.00
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Revisiting this project now....liking the other 4 Espurna firmware updated devices because I can do more with them with base software...

At this time the SonOff WiFi basic GDO is doing garage door open and close and button and temperature sensor. In the past when changing APs the device locks up.

I have not done that today testing multiple AP connectivity.

That said I am playing with multiple OpenWRT APs and placements of these for just the WiFi devices.

With the Espurna firmware I can keep adding APs to base and do a scan to see best RSSI and the firmware will typically attach to the AP with the best RSSI.

How difficult would it be to convert the GDO SonOff basic device running Tasmota to Espurna firmware?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 6.00
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

Comment

It took me quite a bit of effort to understand Tasmota to implement the garage door logic. I have no desire to learn Espurna to the same level. I cannot understand how the WiFi networks where the GDO is installed can be so variable that more than two would be needed. If changing AP's is a problem then why not just setup one. If you do not have an nearby AP, then put one in the garage so the Sonoff will have a good signal.

Comment

Understood Michael.

Yeah just been using mini APs with OpenWRT on them moving them around a bit.

The garage Tasmosta GDO device works fine and signal strength is fine testing to 3 WAPs (basement, main floor and top floor).

Speed is same or faster than the hard wired stuff to the OmniPro panel and OmniPlugin.

The Tasmota software always defaults to first WAP and only goes to second WAP when first one is off. With Espurna it looks at the RSSI signal and picks the best one.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
        X