No announcement yet.

SonOff WiFi Basic GDO multisensor - button - temperature sensor project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is sending the MQTT message every few seconds? Tasmota periodic status update rate is configurable as was discussed previously. I normally run mine at 600 seconds in the production environment. I suspect I do understand the question.

Comment

The garage door closed message.

14:20:51 MQT: GarageDoor1/SENSOR = {"Time":"2020-09-01T14:20:51","Switch1":"OFF","Switch2":"ON","Door":"Closed", "DS18B20":{"Id":"020B92456C69","Temperature":83.2},"Temp Unit ":"F"}

The trigger for the TTS "Garage door is shut" is the above message. So if the Telemetry period us set 300 or 600 for will repeat after the door is shut.

Currently using the Alarm panel zone a TTS message is output when the garage door shuts (closes the wired contact).

If I use "closed" or switch1 "ON" for the trigger it repeats every XX seconds. So rather I was going to use a garage door open or closed flag base for the garage door is "closed"
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If you associate GarageDoor1/SENSORoor or GarageDoor1/SENSOR:Switch1 to a HS device then this HS device will only change when the door moves. The trigger would then be the device changed or device changed to a specific value if you only want to trigger on the shut condition.

If you trigger on the MQTT receive of a topic then it will trigger at the SENSOR topic update rate.

Comment

Thank you Michael. That was my error. I was triggering based on the MQTT and would continue triggering specific to the trigger rate.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Here fine with the partially open door, open door TTS every few minutes. I do want only a one time message for when I close the door. This one keeps repeating doing this the following. It appears that the value keeps changing even though it is in the closed position.

Click image for larger version  Name:	closed1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	1416817

Sep-04 7:40:43 AM Event Event Trigger "Garage Door Status GarageClosedTrigger"
            Sep-04 7:40:43 AM TTS Speak ():Garage door one is closed mosquitto sensor.
            Sep-04 7:43:11 AM Event Event Trigger "Garage Door Status GarageClosedTrigger"
            Sep-04 7:43:11 AM TTS Speak ():Garage door one is closed mosquitto sensor.
            Sep-04 7:48:11 AM Event Event Trigger "Garage Door Status GarageClosedTrigger"
            Sep-04 7:48:11 AM TTS Speak ():Garage door one is closed mosquitto sensor.

For my hard wired alarm sensors when the garage door shuts it only does one TTS message.

So I changed the event to closed for exactly 30 seconds. It should only run once now.

Sep-04 8:16:56 AM Event Event Trigger "Garage Door Status GarageClosedTrigger"
            Sep-04 8:16:56 AM TTS Speak ():Garage door one is closed mosquitto sensor.

It worked. Now the closed TTS message runs once and the open / Intermediate runs continuously.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Shouldn't your trigger be "Device Changes and Becomes" rather than "Device had its value set to"?

Comment

Shouldn't your trigger be "Device Changes and Becomes" rather than "Device had its value set to"?

Did not work for me.

Here is what is working now.

Open and intermediate trigger continue until I close the door or use a wireless button to stop the TTS if I am in the garage or driveway for a period of time. Close trigger just triggers once. I kept testing different "IF" options.

Click image for larger version  Name:	mcsMQTT-GDO.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	1416988

Not related here having issues with 2nd house Ring sensor detection. I get all of the alarm messages and can remotely activate alarm fine. Only thing though is that I have a sensor on the garage door and I can see the contact sensor change but cannot trigger any TTS with the change.
                TTS is going to Alexa and/or Homeseer Speaker.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Has voice control been enabled from the Edit tab MISC setting for anything you want to use with Alexa?

If Device Changes and Becomes does not work then this seems like a reportable bug in HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Found this in the Tasmota documentation:

If you can avoid it, don't use GPIOs: 0, 1, 2, 6-11, 15 and 16. That leaves 4, 5, 12, 13, 14 as GPIOs without any constraints. 3 being RX is also good to avoid (PWM is not working on this GPIO).
                    If this can help in any way for future projects or other users, these GPIO's can be used with the Sonoff basic
                    • GPIO00 – BUTTON (if not in use)
                    • GPIO01 - TX PIN (can’t be held low on boot) (Seriallog=0 )
                    • GPIO02 – Surface soldering, not recommended (take care that it is not being pulled low when booting)
                    • GPIO03 - RX PIN (pulled high momentarily after boot) (Seriallog=0)
                    • GPIO04 – direct chip soldering, not recommended as first option
                    • GPIO13 - LED1 (can be used by snipping led)
                    • GPIO14 – Available on R1, not R2
                    To facilitate flashing and ease of deployment afterwards, I pre-wire my Sonoff basic modules (R2) with GPIO 0-1-3-13, usually enough for most projects
                    Once flashed, I have used GPIO1 and 3 for some projects and haven't encountered issues so far.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2222fghfhfd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.8 KB ID:	1419535
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	wqeqwfre.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.6 KB ID:	1419536

The TH-16 is also a good option; I prewire 1-2-3; 14 is already available on the 2.5mm jack (13 would easily add a fifth usable GPIO)

GPIO01 UART TX pin
                    GPIO02 next to the serial pins EXP-LOG (take care that it is not being pulled low when the device is booting)
                    GPIO03 UART RX pin (pulled high momentarily after boot)
                    GPIO13 Led1i (must be snipped)
                    GPIO14 User (on 2.5mm jack tip)

Click image for larger version  Name:	wqdwefweqf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.8 KB ID:	1419537

Comment

Thank you.

Way back here did wire up the first Generation Sonoff basics with terminals et al. Never purchased R2's. Mostly using the R1's today as 1-Wire temperature hubs and only one is being utilized as a combo GDO.

I used GPIO4 on my early projects and soldered a wire to each of the R1's.
                      • GPIO04 – direct chip soldering, not recommended as first option
                      on the first group of SonOff basics I purchased. I just dropped hot melt glue over the solder point and wire leading to the top of the board.

It worked fine for a few years like this. Michael updated the first generation Tasmota firmware to current version and it works better now relating to WiFi than earlier firmware.

I am only using one SonOff basic for the combo GDO device (button, door open sensor, door closed sensor and temperature sensor).

I did not fix the GPIO4 wire; rather just went to using other GPIO ports.

The end solution involved deleting the old MQTT database from the broker and deleting all instances of the old MQTT on Homeseer. Then I used the built in discovery in the mcsMQTT plugin and it works great now.

Since then have also modded Magic Home RGB controllers for single color LED lamps under my kitchen cabinets (and over the kitchen cabinets). This wa a bit more difficult to wire than the SonOff basic as there are no holes on the magic home controller; IE: just traces / solder points.

Newest endeavor now is using GoSund dimmer switches with Tasmota firmware on them. They are working well. No soldering with these at all.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                      X