Zigbee (Phillips, IKEA Tradfri, Xiaomi, Osram etc) HS Interface for $10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee (Phillips, IKEA Tradfri, Xiaomi, Osram etc) HS Interface for $10

This is essentially a continuation of the thread at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...79-zigbee2mqtt that introduced a $10 USB interface that is managed by a piece of software zigbee2mqtt that makes visible zigbee devices to HS.

I have only integrated the Xiaomi water leak sensor and am extremely happy with the entire setup. I have been looking for water leak sensors for quite some time. I have implemented a Wifi one from Dlink and DIY ones as well. In all these cases they were not very attractive installs. These Xiaomi units are very attractive, have a standard coin cell replacement battery and very easy to interface. I got mine for $9 each including shipping from gearbest. I believe their "flash" sale goes through today or tomorrow.

At this point I have installed the initial four that I purchased for evaluation. They report link quality and battery status every 45 minutes or-so as well as the water detection status which is also reported on a change of water detection event. I would assess the zigbee coverage with this interface to be similar to WiFi coverage with a practical range of about 50 ft through gypsum/wood/insulated walls. I am not familiar with the advertised range for a typical zigbee device.

Another very nice feature of the zigbee2mqtt is that it is well documented and most significantly shows how to add recognition for new devices that may come in the future. One is not dependent upon anybody else to be able to recognize a new zigbee device. In the description that also provide the option to ask for help so it seems to be an active project. The list of devices that are known to be interfaced seems to be rather large, but it is not an area I have researched.

Attached Files

Thank you Michael...so needed is:

1 - CC debugger *
    2 - CC2531 USB sniffer
    3 - Downloader cable CC2531 *

* ==> needed for upgrading firmware and first time programming.

Thinking of installing the device on the attic RPi that is doing ZWave/GPIO Z card and SDR NOAA stuff.

Started the build on 1-Wire SonOff Wifi basic device which will cover attic and second floor.

Been tinkering with HA / Docker. Still getting familiar with Docker.

Just connected the first 1-Wire Sonoff to HA (and using mcsMQTT in Homeseer).
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, but the debugger and cable are only needed for flashing. I can get a few of t he CC2531 and flash them and ship to who may want them. Don't have a gauge of the interest yet. Shipping time for my first two was a couple weeks, but could be longer depending upon when the order arrives vs. boat leaves China.

Comment

Thank you Michael. Easier just to get them from you already flashed.

No rush....Doing Zigbee here (testing) with Smartthings, Leviton ZIM and old Almond Plus.

Securifi gave me a bunch of Securifi wireless Zigbee trinkets (and almond + devices) for testing a while back. (pirs, door sensors, lamp switches and appliance switches) for free.

Never did get to doing it with Homeseer though and wanted to combine the ZWave and Zigbee stuff to one RPi in the second floor attic (POE connected).

Well too as of this week doing final configuration and hardware modes for my two one wire SonOff Wifi devices.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I ordered a lot from China with 19 to 39 day delivery. At you convince you can provide your mailing address to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net if you want one after I flash it.

Comment

Will do and thank you Michael.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hmmm this looks interesting. Very interested in this. Wondering if it would work with my zigbee iris motion sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Confirm that you mean https://www.amazon.com/Iris-Smart-Ho...59466947&psc=1 I can order one to evaluate. How have you applied this sensor or asked differently why did you pick it vs. other motion sensors?

Comment

I picked it because it was on clearance at Lowe’s for 9.99. I believe they have some now for 14.99.
                  It’s very fast with motion.

Daryl

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  Confirm that you mean https://www.amazon.com/Iris-Smart-Ho...59466947&psc=1 I can order one to evaluate. How have you applied this sensor or asked differently why did you pick it vs. other motion sensors?

Comment

I checked Lowes online at all our local stores and none are carried. Amazon is convenient and reasonable. Let you know later in the week what I see with it.

Comment

I checked Lowes online at all our local stores and none are carried. Amazon is convenient and reasonable. Let you know later in the week what I see with it.
                      Thanks.

Comment

For the Iris motion sensor the interface recognizes the device, but times-out before the descriptor is obtained. I googled and found other devices do this as well and the solution was to press the link button every 2 or 3 seconds. With the motion sensor there is no link button as pairing is done with battery insertion and it repeats every 20 seconds. I posted on git forum https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/29 with the debug data from the pairing attempts. We will see what type of response is received.

Comment

Thanks for trying it. Mine does have small button on the side but I think thats mostly to press and hold when you insert the battery to factory reset.

For the Iris motion sensor the interface recognizes the device, but times-out before the descriptor is obtained. I googled and found other devices do this as well and the solution was to press the link button every 2 or 3 seconds. With the motion sensor there is no link button as pairing is done with battery insertion and it repeats every 20 seconds. I posted on git forum https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/29 with the debug data from the pairing attempts. We will see what type of response is received.

Comment

I have 3 of these Iris Motion Sensors working as well as the Iris Contact sensor working

Comment

I saw your earlier post on the Iris Motion. This is just a reflection of how responsive the developer is to get new devices into the mainline download and how others have been very cooperative at doing the leg work to test new devices. It was only a month ago I started the github thread about the motion sensor.

Comment

Working...
                              X