Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsTasmota

Hi,

i tried putting mcsTasmota on my magichome devices and it kept crashing, is there a possibility that i could get a copy of the precompiled code for arduino?

Cheers Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

I have only used the mcsTasmota firmware for SonOff Itead devices. You are the first using it for Arduino devices. Are you upgrading via WiFi or JTAG?

ITead devices used so far are ==> SonOff basic WiFi and SonOff SV's

RGB controllers ==> H801 (big board) and now testing Magic Home controllers which are tiny.

Via WiFi you have to upgrade twice as the firmware is over 500k. Such that you upload a base first less than 500k then regular firmware over 500k.

That said I switched here to using Espurna firmware for my Magic Home controller. I am adding John's tweaked Espurna firmware for use with a digital on and off pot here and only for single channel LED's in kitchen.

It works fine with Michael's mcsMQTT plugin. What is nice about the ESPurna firmware is that the Home Assitant pieces generate the mosquitto reads that you can see in mcsMQTT.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The latest source code for mcsTasmota is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsTasmota_Source_5_9_13i.zip

I did a quick search on the topic and found https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/issues/1867. It may give you some leads.

I do agree with Pete that ESPurna looks to be better tuned for LED controller than Tasmota. They both speak MQTT so looks the same to HS/mcsMQTT.

Comment

Yeah here I was using PlatformIO / Visual Studio Code just for the Tasmota source files. Learning mode still just replicated the Espurna source files over to my configuration.

Running this on my Lenova laptop Ubuntu 18.04 set up. Very fast and works well. Changed all laptops here and desktops in office to dual boot Ubuntu 18.04, Windows 10 and Windows 2016 server.

Here now can now see what modifications I need to do to utilize DS18B20 sensors on GPIO 14 and DHT combo sensors on GPIO 4 (or another pin).

John has modified the Espurna RGB firmware to work with a digital on off pot.

Click image for larger versionName:	espurna-platformio.jpgViews:	1Size:	69.2 KBID:	1262404

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        // Dallas OneWire temperature sensors
        // Enable support by passing DALLAS_SUPPORT=1 build flag
        //------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#ifndef DALLAS_SUPPORT
        #define DALLAS_SUPPORT 0
        #endif

#ifndef DALLAS_PIN
        #define DALLAS_PIN 14
        #endif

#define DALLAS_RESOLUTION 9 // Not used atm
        #define DALLAS_READ_INTERVAL 2000 // Force sensor read & cache every 2 seconds

// DHTXX temperature/humidity sensor
        // Enable support by passing DHT_SUPPORT=1 build flag

#ifndef DHT_SUPPORT
        #define DHT_SUPPORT 0
        #endif

#ifndef DHT_PIN
        #define DHT_PIN 14
        #endif

#ifndef DHT_TYPE
        #define DHT_TYPE DHT_CHIP_DHT22
        #endif

The above will let me assign GPIO pin #14 to the DS18B20's and GPIO #XX to the DHT22.

Using Espurna on cold boot creates a WAP then runs a script to change password and configuration like adding WAPs, Static IP et al.

I use the Espurna Home Assistant tab HA MQTT piece to for Michael's mcsMQTT stuff to match stuff while searching. Easy peasy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	espurnaRGB.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1262405

light:
        - name: ESPURNA_C5A10C
        platform: mqtt
        state_topic: Kitchen-LED1/relay/0
        command_topic: Kitchen-LED1/relay/0/set
        payload_on: 1
        payload_off: 0
        availability_topic: Kitchen-LED1/status
        payload_available: 1
        payload_not_available: 0
        white_value_state_topic: Kitchen-LED1/channel/3
        white_value_command_topic: Kitchen-LED1/channel/3/set

xxxx
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

thanks, i have mine working with tasmota, i was hoping to use the msctasmota to get it to work with alexa and the colour mapping.
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

The source file I modified for Alex/HUE is at C:\Users\Dell\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoespressif8266\libraries\ESP8266WebServer\src on my computer and is attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

I programmed a MagicHome controller (the $3 one in Kitchen light thread) with version 5.9.13i of mcsTasmota. Setup for HUE control and Alexa was able to discover and control it with ON/OFF commands with Alexa. When I try things like "turn LED green", then Alexa respons that the device is "out of range for LED green". I will play a little longer, but dinner time now.

Comment

Working...
              X