This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the 3D printed case!!!

OK so which methodology did you utilize Michael? Did you do the RPi Stretch install?

Reason is cuz I have another box here with Docker and HA installed that I am tinkering with. Just learning Docker.

# Setup Node.js repository
    # For Pi Zero use hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/sdesalas/node-pi-zero/master/install-node-v8.10.0.sh
    sudo curl -sL hxxps://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | sudo -E bash -

# Install Node.js
    sudo apt-get install -y nodejs git make g++ gcc

# Verify that the correct nodejs and npm (automatically installed with nodejs)
    # version has been installed
    node --version # Should output v8.X.X (at time of writing v8.11.2)
    npm --version # Should output > 5.X.X (at time of writing 5.6.0)

# Clone zigbee2mqtt repository
    sudo git clone hxxps://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt.git /opt/zigbee2mqtt
    sudo chown -R pi : pi /opt/zigbee2mqtt

# Install dependencies
    cd /opt/zigbee2mqtt
    npm install
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have done it twice using similar methodology with success and once with failure. In my failure case it was on an old RPi build and was never able to get a npm version beyond 1.x installed.

The first success was a clean build of DietPi Stretch on RPi. Second one I used my existing DietPi Jessie on Odroid C1 that was running my MQTT broker Mosquitto. In one case I had to install some dependent library. It was obvious what was needed because of the feedback that was provided during the install. I followed the zigbee2mqtt wiki for the install.

I have also followed the wiki to add a new device (RGBgenie) in devices.js and a converter for its battery reporting in fromZigbee.js. As with anything new some uncertainty during the process, but once it was done it was obvious on how to do it again.

Support has been very good on the github issues for zigbee2mqtt.

Comment

I hope to use this with SONOFF devices that have been modified to use MQTT
        I am not certain of your intention here. Sonoff is a WiFi device and the USB dongle is a Zigbee device. They both communicate with HS and other HA via MQTT.

Comment

Sorry I will be using it with Zigbee in addition to SONOFF via MQTT I didnt mean to confuse people

Comment

Thank you Michael.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Installed and running Zigbee2MQTT long math way. Also installing it as a Docker setup here.

Testing two Securifi devices here:

1 - lamp module
              2 - Peanut appliance module

Noticed one paired and the other did not. Looks like the Securifi devices are all Sercomm devices.

Securifi Lamp Module

zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-12-5 08:22:27 Coordinator firmware version: '20180815'
              zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-12-5 08:22:27 Currently 1 devices are joined:
              zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-12-5 08:22:27 0x000d6f0002c1482e (0x000d6f0002c1482e): unkown - undefined unknown (Router)

Securifi Peanut Appliance Module (smart plug with power viewer). This device is also a Zigbee repeater and currently sold on Amazon for $10.

zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-12-5 08:24:50 Device incoming...
              zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-12-5 08:24:50 MQTT publish, topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload: '{"type":"pairing","message":"device incoming"}'
              zigbee2mqtt:warn 2018-12-5 08:24:50 Device with modelID 'SZ-BSW01' is not supported.

Also have a Securifi Zigbee PIR, water sensor and door sensor here to test with.

Tinkering...
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

For the appliance module the next step is to add something like the following to /opt/zigbee2mqtt/node_modules/zigbee-shepherd-converters/devices.js
                Code:
                // Securifi Peanut Appliance Module (smart plug with power viewer)  
                 {     zigbeeModel: ['SZ-BSW01'],     model: 'SZ-BSW01',     vendor: 'Securifi',     description: 'Appliance module with repeater',     supports: 'onoff power',     fromZigbee: [],     toZigbee: [], },
                Start zigbee2mqtt with "npm start" or for debug "DEBUG=* npm start" This time the device will be discovered and will report that a converter is missing. For my RGBGenie the first thing it reported as missing converter was for "genPowerCfg". I looked in /opt/zigbee2mqtt/node_modules/zigbee-shepherd-converters/converters/fromZigbee.js and found the following cid:
                Code:
                 generic_battery: {         cid: 'genPowerCfg',         type: 'attReport',         convert: (model, msg, publish, options) => {             return {battery: precisionRound(msg.data.data['batteryPercentageRemaining'], 2) / 2};         },     },
                I then filled in the empty fromZigbee: line in devices.js to be as shown below. Note the fz. prefix added to what was in fromZigbee.js
                Code:
                 // RGBgenie {     zigbeeModel: ['ZGRC-KEY-013'],     model: 'ZGRC-KEY-013',     vendor: 'RGBgenie',     description: '3 Zone remote and dimmer',     supports: 'onoff dim scene control',     fromZigbee: [fz.generic_battery],     toZigbee: [], },
                When I started zigbee2mqtt again and no longer had the missing converter message and the battery level was reported, but reported at 49. The battery should be near 100 so I went back to fromZigbee.js and added the following as well as changing the devices.js fromZigbee from generic_battery: to generic_battery_percent:. Note this converter definition changed only the name and the return statement to not divide the raw data by 2.
                Code:
                     generic_battery_percent: {         cid: 'genPowerCfg',         type: 'attReport',         convert: (model, msg, publish, options) => {             return {battery: precisionRound(msg.data.data['batteryPercentageRemaining'], 2)};         },     },

Comment

Thank you Michael....redid installation here to Docker....

For Docker run:

1 - mkdir -p /opt/zigbee2mqtt/data

2 - docker run -d --name="zigbee2mqtt" -v /opt/zigbee2mqtt/data:/data -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host --restart unless-stopped --device=/dev/ttyACM0 koenkk/zigbee2mqtt

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Looks like one of the Securifi modules was only provided to Kickstarter developer and beta backers and the Peanut power plug comes up manually but it is an unknown device.

zigbee2mqtt:info 12/5/2018, 5:34:19 PM Currently 2 devices are joined:
                    zigbee2mqtt:info 12/5/2018, 5:34:19 PM 0x000d6f0002c1482e (0x000d6f0002c1482e): SZ-BSW01 - Securifi Power On/Off Switch with repeater (Router)
                    zigbee2mqtt:info 12/5/2018, 5:34:19 PM Securifi Peanut (0x000d6f0004a34044): unkown - undefined unknown (Router)

Will try the wireless devices next.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Guessing that Securifi isn't selling much of their label Zigbee devices.

The Peanut (power monitor and switch) is $9.99 on Amazon.

Looking at the Securifi PIR today. 3VDC battery was dead and replaced it today. It is the same battery used in my Davis Weather station.

Here are some pictures of it. It is the same size as my old wired PIRs. Here have switched to using combo microwave / PIR sensors which are larger than the old PIRs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Securifi PIR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	1264733

using tail -f log.txt to watch pairing.

Been monitoring the zigbee2mqtt application using mcsMQTT and just noticed nothing out of it since around 7 AM this morning.

Restarting it first.

018-12-6 11:46:17 - info: 0x000d6f0002c1482e (0x000d6f0002c1482e): SZ-BSW01 - Securifi Power On/Off Switch with repeater (Router)
                      2018-12-6 11:46:17 - info: unknown (0x000d6f0002c9cfb4): unkown - undefined unknown (EndDevice)
                      2018-12-6 11:46:17 - warn: `permit_join` set to `true` in configuration.yaml.
                      2018-12-6 11:46:17 - warn: Allowing new devices to join.

Found the configuration which I will try...

{
                      zigbeeModel: ['SZ-PIR02_SF'],
                      model: 'SZ-PIR02',
                      vendor: 'Iris',
                      description: 'Motion Sensor',
                      supports: 'occupancy',
                      fromZigbee: [],
                      toZigbee: [],
                      configure: (ieeeAddr, shepherd, coordinator, callback) => {
                      const device = shepherd.find(ieeeAddr, 1);
                      const actions = [
                      (cb) => device.write('ssIasZone', 'iasCieAddr', coordinator.device.getIeeeAddr(), cb),
                      (cb) => device.report('ssIasZone', 'zoneStatus', 0, 30, null, cb),
                      (cb) => device.functional('ssIasZone', 'enrollRsp', {
                      enrollrspcode: 1,
                      zoneid: 23
                      }, cb),
                      ];

execute(device, actions, callback);
                      },
                      },

nano /opt/zigbee2mqtt/node_modules/zigbee-shepherd-converters/devices.js

Restarted zigbee2mqtt

Once the device is seen then I change the configuration.yaml file with the name I reference.

zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-12-6 12:52:31 SZ-BSW01 (0x000d6f0002c1482e): SZ-BSW01 - Securifi Power On/Off Switch with repeater (Router)

changed all devices from Securifi to Iris.

zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-12-6 13:13:05 SZ-BSW01 (0x000d6f0002c1482e): SZ-BSW01 - Iris Power On/Off Switch with repeater (Router)

Got two of the Securifi devices sort of working now...

zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-12-6 15:01:08 SZ-BSW01 (0x000d6f0002c1482e): SZ-BSW01 - Securifi Power On/Off Switch with repeater (Router)
                      zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-12-6 15:01:08 SZ-PIR02 (0x000d6f0002c9cfb4): SZ-PIR02 - Securifi Motion Sensor (EndDevice)

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Can’t wait to try this but I think the postman in San Antonio is holding on to it for himself. Maybe it will show up when he’s done. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is very exciting to see a ZigBee interface that doesn't use the cloud and can be easily adapted for new devices that come out. I hope it gains a big following.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            I have received a set of USB dongles and flashed firmware that serves as a generic local (no cloud) Zigbee interface. The Zigbee2MQTT application that runs on Linux or Windows works with this dongle to put the Zigbee communication on the LAN using MQTT protocol. mcsMQTT (and others) use MQTT to interact with HS3. This is a lower cost, but similar, alternative to Rasbee/Conbee + deCONZ + JowiHue.

The Wiki for this is at https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/wiki. The "getting started" step of obtaining the USB dongle and flashing it is what I have done and will send them to anyone who wants one for $10. Just let me know via email mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net. I also 3-D printed little cases so they have an appearance of something similar to a thumb drive. The photo shows the dongle in and out of the case.

I am new to Zigbee but do like what I have experienced. It's low power, good range and self-healing network make it excellent for battery-based applications such as sensors. Xiaomi makes an excellent set of small attractive and low cost sensors.

Zigbee2MQTT is a community supported effort of the same ilk as Tasmota. There is a long list in the Wiki of known supported devices. It is clear that the intention is to grow the list as users find more Zigbee-compliant devices that enter the market.
                            Could the hardware and software be run on the same box, not RPI3, as HS3?

Comment

It can be run on any computer on the network. It runs under node.js which is a simple install on pretty much any computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                                It can be run on any computer on the network. It runs under node.js which is a simple install on pretty much any computer.
                                Michael,

Do you still have any USB dongles left for sale?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X