Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my latest order from China last night and sent units to everybody I had on the waiting list. If I missed anybody (i.e received no email from me today about shipment) then email a reminder.

Comment

Whoa what is this.... a Pathway to Zigbee.... are there any very small Temp/Hum sensors that works with this?
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

The current list is at https://koenkk.github.io/zigbee2mqtt...d_devices.html
        In particular Xiaomi has the best lineup for senosrs.

I see the following on the list. If you have one that has not yet been tried then it typically is not too hard to add it to the list.
        WSDCGQ01LM Xiaomi MiJia temperature & humidity sensor (temperature and humidity)
        WSDCGQ11LM Xiaomi Aqara temperature, humidity and pressure sensor (temperature, humidity and pressure)

Comment

[QUOTE=Michael McSharry;n1276463]The current list is at https://koenkk.github.io/zigbee2mqtt...d_devices.html
          In particular Xiaomi has the best lineup for senosrs.

I was looking at this one.

Buy Zigbee Wireless Temperature Humidity Atmospheric Pressure Sensor Smart Home Device Multipurpose Sensor Data Logger Thermometer Hygrometer Monitor, Real-time and Historical Records, Mobile App Alerts: Hygrometers - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Oh wait, I think that is a Xiaomi device..
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Correct the picture of the back of it confirms it is a WSDCGQ11LM Amazon also sells the WSDCGQ01LM for $15 or $17. Lots of search hits on both.

Comment

Hi Michael,

dis you try the hue motion sensor? I am wondering if they are as fast as on deconz.

The speed of theses sensors was the main reason i moved to zigbee. There are near instant. I dont think i can quantify a delay as there seems to be 0

Q2. Are all devices join the zigbee network? Ex: the more you add ‘’router’’ the netter the metwork would be.

Comment

I only have attempted the Lowes IRIS motion sensor. I was the first to try it and was not supported when I started. It is now supported, but the sensor is not with me now to evaluate. dbmet on the board asked about the sensor's support in post #9 of this thread. He liked it because of its fast response. I suspect he had a standard hub rather than a HA interface hub as the basis of his comment.

In my environment I have many water leak sensors and just some other miscellaneous devices to evaluate. I have one CC2530-based router setup in a more central location and can see that most of my devices have connected through it. My only mains-powered device is Sengled bulb and it does not appear to double as router so don't know how a network architecture would form.

I get the impression that it is not meshed together with multiple routes to the coordinator, but a best-route is formed at lower levels of the protocol through the available routers and this reassessed relatively often. I am still in the zigbee learning mode, but do like what I have experienced.

Comment

Just sent email and paypal.
                    Thanks!

Comment

I have returned to my primary location and have sent the zigbee dongles to all that I think requested them while I was gone. If you did not get email from me confirming shipping then let me know and I will send one to you.

Comment

I was able to get this setup under windows, thanks for doing this! I picked up one of these light bulbs to test with:
                        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ive got it working with on/off, but i am struggling understanding the brightness parameter. this is its sub message:
                        zigbee2mqtt/deviceID:brightness

according to the docs, i need to send it this:
                        {"brightness": 255} so i set the pub topic to: zigbee2mqtt/deviceID/set/ and the payload to {"brightness": $$VALUE} what am i doing wrong?

update: i was able to manually publish {"state" : "ON" , "brightness" : "25"} and that works, still can't get the substitution variable to work yet tho...
                        HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                        https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

I assume you have two devices. One for on/off and one for brightness. The payload template for the brightness, based upon what you manually achieved, would be {"state":"ON","brightness":"$$VALUE:"} where you had HS provide a DeviceValue in range of 0 to 255. The mcsMQTT setup for this topic/device would have Number selected for the control UI.

On my Sengled color bulb I did not need to include the ON part, but yours may need both parts. Note you did not have quotes around the 255. Numbers are not suppose to need quotes, but just an observation.

Comment

Thanks,This is how its configured, however it doesn't seem to work.On off is working but no dimming
                            53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

I tried this template for a test and confirmed that when I set the HS number text box to 120 the MQTT message was command/test {"state":"ON","brightness":"120"} so it looks to me as if the substitution variable is working with mcsMQTT. Do you have another client that can see the MQTT traffic or looking at it at the broker to confirm the message being sent by mcsMQTT in your case. There are several MQTT utilities available, but I do not have any specific suggestions.

I also looked at my Sengled color bulb and the following two messages produced the desired result with the bulb. Note that the brightness number does not have quotes around it in my case. I did not try it with the quotes.
                              zigbeeWA/0xb0ce18140001de1b/set {"state":"ON","brightness":128,"color":{"r":200,"g":200," b": 30}}
                              zigbeeWA/0xb0ce18140001de1b/set {"brightness":20}

Control to brightness level 255 could be out of range for the bulb. I have seen others where the max is 254.

Comment

i blew up my interface so once i get back up and running ill take a look at this.

i was trying to make the new ikea remotes work, looks like they need the latest firmware to be supported.

Comment

Working...
                                X