Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe I had flashed with Nov 2018 for most of the units I sent. I have been working on RGBGenie which has many similarities to Ikea unit and did flash again last week. For you I can flash the CC2531 again or I can sent another. New units will need to wait until I return on 4/20 as I have sent all that I have.

Comment

Thanks, i appreciate the offer, i went ahead and ordered the programmer as i can see myself using this more in the future. loaded the latest firmware yesterday which is required for use with the ikea 5 button remotes. im back up and running and will be testing the brightness once i test everything.
      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        I assume you have two devices. One for on/off and one for brightness. The payload template for the brightness, based upon what you manually achieved, would be {"state":"ON","brightness":"$$VALUE:"} where you had HS provide a DeviceValue in range of 0 to 255. The mcsMQTT setup for this topic/device would have Number selected for the control UI.

On my Sengled color bulb I did not need to include the ON part, but yours may need both parts. Note you did not have quotes around the 255. Numbers are not suppose to need quotes, but just an observation.
        the correct syntax ended up being {"brightness":$$value:} this now works
        HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
        https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Michael McSharry, I'm hoping you still have some of these available... I can use two, if you do!

I've sent the email, and will send the PayPal

Thanks for your work on this Michael.

Comment

Yes and sent.

Comment

I have received a set of USB dongles and flashed firmware that serves as a generic local (no cloud) Zigbee interface...
              Hi Michael,
              Sorry for the dumb question but is the Zigbee dongle you use compatible with Zigbee end devices worldwide or is it a USA specific frequency?
              Thanks
              /Marcus

Comment

I am not an expert on Zigbee, but my understanding is that they all operate on the same 2.4 GHz range with channel selection done much like WiFi channel selection. Channel 11 is default for the Zigbee2MQTT, but it is a user-configuration change if you need to move it. I think the operating model is more like WiFi than it is DVD region coding. When looking at the list of devices supported by Zigbee2MQTT I can see that they include many in Europe, USA and China and perhaps others I do not recognize the country or origin.

I have sent the dongle to England and it was successfully used their.

Comment

I am not an expert on Zigbee, but my understanding is that they all operate on the same 2.4 GHz range with channel selection done much like WiFi channel selection. Channel 11 is default for the Zigbee2MQTT, but it is a user-configuration change if you need to move it. I think the operating model is more like WiFi than it is DVD region coding. When looking at the list of devices supported by Zigbee2MQTT I can see that they include many in Europe, USA and China and perhaps others I do not recognize the country or origin.

I have sent the dongle to England and it was successfully used their.
                  I would love to try this out. How can I avail myself of one from you? Thanks/Marcus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Provide your mailing address and I will send one. I think the extra shipping cost to England is $15 so the total will be $25 Paypal.

Comment

Provide your mailing address and I will send one. I think the extra shipping cost to England is $15 so the total will be $25 Paypal.
                      To what address should I send the money in PayPal? Do you want to private message me on this forum for that?

Comment

mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net

Comment

Asked for a dongle to be sent, arrived in the UK six days later. It's just taken me twenty minutes to get up and running and some devices feeding into my mosquitto box and from there into HomeSeer with mcsMQTT. Works like a charm. Thank you, Michael.

Comment

Payment sent this morning

Sent from my Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent today. Should be about 3 days. Email mcsSolutions at CenturyTel do not if you need/want the tracking number

Comment

Email and Payment sent. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X