X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent today

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Sent today. Should be about 3 days. Email mcsSolutions at CenturyTel do not if you need/want the tracking number
      Wanted to follow up and say thanks! Received the usb dongle and got it setup today.

Comment

Thank you glad there were no big hitches. You do have the last released firmware which was updated in June 2019.

Comment

Thank you glad there were no big hitches. You do have the last released firmware which was updated in June 2019.
          I got the dongle from you several months ago and now trying to install. How can I figure out what the firmware version is and what is the procedure for updating firmware? Thanks.
          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

The firmware version should be in the console window when you start zigbee2mqtt. The ones that I have programmed are 2018-10-24, 2019-02-23 and the current version 2019-06-08. It is likely you have 2019-02-23.

Updating is not an over the air process. It requires the programming equipment. I can reflash if you want to send it back, but considering the cost is not that much it would be easier to to get a new one.

If you do want to setup to do your own then follow the instructions at https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/getting_s...he_cc2531.html. I can answer questions if you have difficulty.

Comment

The firmware version should be in the console window when you start zigbee2mqtt. The ones that I have programmed are 2018-10-24, 2019-02-23 and the current version 2019-06-08. It is likely you have 2019-02-23.

Updating is not an over the air process. It requires the programming equipment. I can reflash if you want to send it back, but considering the cost is not that much it would be easier to to get a new one.

If you do want to setup to do your own then follow the instructions at https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/getting_s...he_cc2531.html. I can answer questions if you have difficulty.
              Thanks. I ordered the TI debugger. However, I am having all kinds of issues trying to implement MQTT. I first started with Windows and I could not update the driver with the TI driver, because Windows 10 stated the best driver was already installed (MS Windows driver). So, I tried to implement everything on an RPi3 and I have an issue with zigbee2mqtt that at least one other person has: "cannot find the module 'zigbee-herdsman/dist/ziee' . Kroenkk sent a message with a fix, which did not fix it for me.
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Was the "fix" the one I saw posted about 10 hour ago?
                "After updating you need to do a rm -rf node_modules && npm install"

I just did a new Windows 10 install following the instructions I posted at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...qtt-on-windows
                1. Need to install driver for CC2531. It is available at http://www.ti.com/general/docs/lit/g...8&fileType=zip . Unzip to someplace on the computer. Plug the USB dongle into available USB port. It should show up as an "Other Device" TI CC2531 USB CDC. Right click on this device and select option to install driver. Browse to "\driver" subfolder of the unzip. Device should now show up under Ports (COM & LPT) as a COMXX where XX was 15 in my case.
                Based upon your description it looks as if you had W10 search for the driver rather than manually searching for the specific folder where you unzipped the download.

Comment

Was the "fix" the one I saw posted about 10 hour ago?
                  "After updating you need to do a rm -rf node_modules && npm install"
                  Yes.

Based upon your description it looks as if you had W10 search for the driver rather than manually searching for the specific folder where you unzipped the download.
                  So, the dongle is brought in directly as COM8. Then, I followed the instructions you gave: I instructed Win10 to search in MQTT\swrc088c\driver for the driver and I get "The best drivers for your device are already installed..." Will it work under these conditions?

Comment

The purpose of updating the driver is so the Windows with recognize it as a COM port. If it shows up as COM8 then it should be good. No particular experience other than doing it once under W7 and once under W10 and in both cases it first showed as a generic USB device and not as a COM. Only after I did the driver update did is recognize it as COM.

Comment

The purpose of updating the driver is so the Windows with recognize it as a COM port. If it shows up as COM8 then it should be good. No particular experience other than doing it once under W7 and once under W10 and in both cases it first showed as a generic USB device and not as a COM. Only after I did the driver update did is recognize it as COM.
                      Thanks. So, I went back to Windows. Start up of zigbee2mqtt failed. I have attached the log file, which I cannot decipher. Additionally, the feedback at the command prompt, when I ran npm start, stated "Error: Cannot find module 'semver'," which I do not see in the log file. mcsMQTT shows the broker working on my RPi3.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I would like to be able to help with zigbee2mqtt execution, but I have very little nodejs experience. Suggest submitting issue on the Zigbee2MQTT site.

Comment

I would like to be able to help with zigbee2mqtt execution, but I have very little nodejs experience. Suggest submitting issue on the Zigbee2MQTT site.
                          Okay. Thank you, anyway.

Comment

Michael McSharry . I remember you did a comparisson between different zigbee interface. I thought that this could interest you.

https://zigbee.blakadder.com/

its Github page : https://github.com/blakadder/zigbee

Comment

Looks like the start of something good with a Wiki style user contribution model.

Comment

Michael - I ordered a dongle from you in May and have had no issues with the device. Two days ago I started doing various updates to my Windows PC and your PI and along the way noticed my ZigBee devices were not working. Thinking it was a software/update change I restored to the previous setup that was known to be working and still no functionality. I get an error as the Zigbee2MQTT tries to start ZigBee Herdsman. I know this is not your software, I am not sure how to tell if it is a hardware issue. The device has always appeared in my COM port list automatically. Now it appears in the list until the Zigbee Herdsman tries to start and then it disappears from the Device manager COM port list and appears in the Universal Serial Bus controllers list as !Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). At the same time I get a notification popup in the bottom right corner of my desktop" The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned....." I have tried plugging into different ports on the computer, forcing a different port number, trying the dongle on a different computer and they all give the same error. I have tried resetting the dongle. I can get the dongle to be recognized as a com port, but it fails as soon as I start Zigbee2MQTT and it tries to start Herdsman

---------------------------------------------------------------
                                > zigbee2mqtt@1.14.1 start c:\Zigbee2mqtt
                                > node index.js

zigbee2mqtt:info 2020-09-17 15:37:17: Logging to console and directory: 'c:\Zigbee2mqtt\data\log\2020-09-17.15-37-17' filename: log.txt
                                zigbee2mqtt:info 2020-09-17 15:37:18: Starting zigbee2mqtt version 1.14.1 (commit #unknown)
                                zigbee2mqtt:info 2020-09-17 15:37:18: Starting zigbee-herdsman...
                                zigbee2mqtt:error 2020-09-17 15:37:18: Error while starting zigbee-herdsman
                                zigbee2mqtt:error 2020-09-17 15:37:18: Failed to start zigbee
                                zigbee2mqtt:error 2020-09-17 15:37:18: Exiting...
                                zigbee2mqtt:error 2020-09-17 15:37:18: Error: Error while opening serialport 'Error: Opening //./com5: File not found'
                                at Znp.<anonymous> (c:\Zigbee2mqtt\node_modules\zigbee-herdsman\dist\adapter\z-stack\znp\znp.js:123:32)
                                at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
                                at c:\Zigbee2mqtt\node_modules\zigbee-herdsman\dist\adapter\z-stack\znp\znp.js:8:71
                                at new Promise (<anonymous>)
                                at __awaiter (c:\Zigbee2mqtt\node_modules\zigbee-herdsman\dist\adapter\z-stack\znp\znp.js:4:12)
                                at SerialPort.<anonymous> (c:\Zigbee2mqtt\node_modules\zigbee-herdsman\dist\adapter\z-stack\znp\znp.js:121:49)
                                at SerialPort._error (c:\Zigbee2mqtt\node_modules\zigbee-herdsman\node_modules\@serialport\stream\lib\index.js:198:14 )
                                at c:\Zigbee2mqtt\node_modules\zigbee-herdsman\node_modules\@serialport\stream\lib\index.js:242:12
                                npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
                                npm ERR! errno 1
                                npm ERR! zigbee2mqtt@1.14.1 start: `node index.js`
                                npm ERR! Exit status 1
                                npm ERR!
                                npm ERR! Failed at the zigbee2mqtt@1.14.1 start script.
                                npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
                                npm ERR! C:\Users\carls\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-09-17T19_37_18_216Z-debug.log

c:\Zigbee2mqtt>
                                ------------------------------------------------
                                Looking on the Zigbee2mqtt forum I saw an issue with starting Herdsman but it was resolved with a firmware update and was a routing issue and did not mention anything about a dongle error.

Is there anyway to determine that the hardware dongle is functioning correctly as I am not sure what else to try.

Comment

Working...
                                X