No announcement yet.

Zigbee2MQTT on Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian got me going with a signed driver that worked. I hope to move through the steps over the week end..
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Ok, I got everything setup and running on Friday, with no devices. I cannot figure out how to add a 0388557 Iris motion sensor. There are several places where the instructions refer to a log file that will contain all connection information, but I can't find it for the life of me.

I realize this motion sensor is not support, but everything I read indicates I should me able to see the connection information in some log...

Any idea were I should look?

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

In the configuration.yaml file you can explicitly specify the log file such as
        Code:
        advanced:
          log_directory: c:\temp
        The default location for it (log.txt) is the log subfolder of the data folder where you have configuration.yaml. Multiple subfolders and files are created to keep a fully history.

When I have new device I run from command prompt rather than as an autostart so that I can see the traffic. I started with a Iris 3326-L motion sensor and the difficulty I had was getting it to pair. I started a github thread and others chimed in and the device is now supported. It is at a different location so I am not able to verify.

Comment

I think I have debug setup correctly, but it's not logging anything other then this.... (the only thing in the state.json file is "{}")

How do I add a device via command line?

2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - info: Logging to directory: 'C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\log\2019-02-01.19-50-16'
          2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - debug: Removing old log directory 'C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\log\2019-02-01.19-20-27'
          2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - debug: Using zigbee-shepherd with settings: '{"net":{"panId":6754,"channelList":[11],"precfgkey":[1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,0,2,4,6,8,10,12,13]},"dbPath":"C:\\FTPSyncFiles\\zigbee2mqtt\\data\\database.db ","sp":{"baudRate":115200,"rtscts":true}}'
          2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - debug: Loaded state from file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
          2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - info: Starting zigbee2mqtt version 1.1.0 (commit #a7eea5e)
          2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - info: Starting zigbee-shepherd
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: zigbee-shepherd started
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Coordinator firmware version: '20180815'
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - debug: zigbee-shepherd info: {"enabled":true,"net":{"state":"Coordinator","channel":11,"p anId":"0x1a62","extPanId":"0xdddddddddddddddd","ieeeAddr":"0 x00124b0019368402","nwkAddr":0},"firmware":{"transportrev":2 ,"product":0,"version":"2.6.3","revision":20180815},"startTi me":1549068617,"joinTimeLeft":0}
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Currently 0 devices are joined:
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - warn: `permit_join` set to `true` in configuration.yaml.
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - warn: Allowing new devices to join.
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - warn: Set `permit_join` to `false` once you joined all devices.
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Zigbee: allowing new devices to join.
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Connecting to MQTT server at mqtt://localhost:1883
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - debug: Using MQTT client ID: 'XXXXXXXX'
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: zigbee-shepherd ready
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Connected to MQTT server
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: MQTT publish: topic 'ZIGBEE2MQTT/bridge/state', payload 'online'
          2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - debug: Mounted the cieApp (epId 11)
          2/1/2019, 7:55:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
          2/1/2019, 8:00:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
          2/1/2019, 8:05:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
          2/1/2019, 8:10:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
          2/1/2019, 8:15:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
          2/1/2019, 8:20:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
          Code:
          # Required: Home Assistant integration (MQTT discovery) homeassistant: false

# Required: allow new devices to join.
          # WARNING: Disable this after all devices have been paired!
          permit_join: true

# Required: MQTT settings
          mqtt:
            # Required: MQTT base topic for zigbee2mqtt MQTT messages
            base_topic: ZIGBEE2MQTT
            # Required: MQTT server URL
            server: 'mqtt://localhost:1883'
            # Optional: MQTT server authentication user
            #user: my_user
            # Optional: MQTT server authentication password
            #password: my_password
            # Optional: MQTT client ID
            client_id: 'XXXXXXXXXX'
            # Disable self-signed SSL certificates
            reject_unauthorized: true
            # Optional: Include device information to mqtt messages (default: false)
            include_device_information: true

# Required: serial settings
          serial:
            # Required: location of CC2531 USB sniffer
            port: COM5
            # Optional: disable LED of CC2531 USB sniffer
            disable_led: false

# Optional: advanced settings
          advanced:
            # Optional: ZigBee pan ID
            pan_id: 0x1a62
            # Optional: ZigBee channel
            channel: 11
            # Optional: state caching
            # https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/commit/9396bde1f3b022e0f634487d1a37d2a5127c8cb3#diff-f68567477d803b49930337bf7fe1556bR16
            cache_state: true
            # Optional: Logging level, options: debug, info, warn, error
            log_level: debug
            # Optional: Location of log directory
            #log_directory: data/log/%TIMESTAMP%
            # Optional: Baudrate for serial port
            baudrate: 115200
            # Optional: RTS / CTS Hardware Flow Control for serial port
            rtscts: true
            # Optional: soft reset ZNP after timeout (in seconds); 0 is disabled
            soft_reset_timeout: 0
            # Optional: network encryption key, changing requires repairing of all devices.
            #network_key: [1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13],
            # Optional: Add a last_seen attribute to MQTT messages, contains date/time of last Zigbee message
            # possible values are: disable (default), ISO_8601, epoch
            last_seen: 'disable'
            # Optional: Add an elapsed attribute to MQTT messages, contains milliseconds since the previous msg
            elapsed: false
            # Availability timeout in seconds, disabled by default (0).
            # When enabled, devices will be checked if they are still online.
            availability_timeout: 0,
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

It looks to me as if no zigbee traffic has been recognized. In my case the log would have entries between each of the lines containing "Saving state..."

Do you know the method to pair your Iris sensor to a zigbee hub? Devices normally have a button held down for some time to initiate pairing. I think my motion sensor did it when the battery was installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              It looks to me as if no zigbee traffic has been recognized. In my case the log would have entries between each of the lines containing "Saving state..."

Do you know the method to pair your Iris sensor to a zigbee hub? Devices normally have a button held down for some time to initiate pairing. I think my motion sensor did it when the battery was installed.
              Yep, I followed it for pairing and resting. The blue light flashes on the device, Hmmmmm Bad device possibly..
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

It would be best to start with any know supported device, but it does seem odd that you are getting the flashing light and no RF read by the CC2531 dongle. I did also provide a sniffer with some instructions to use it. In my case I ran it on Linux so don't know what hurdle there is for running it on Windows. I could also send you another dongle, but now waiting again on another order from China. When I first started flashing the devices for others I would confirm the device worked. After many without any failures after flashing I no longer tested after flashing. With all that I have done there has only been one that would not flash so I consider the ability to flash the criteria of a good device.

Comment

It would be best to start with any know supported device, but it does seem odd that you are getting the flashing light and no RF read by the CC2531 dongle. I did also provide a sniffer with some instructions to use it. In my case I ran it on Linux so don't know what hurdle there is for running it on Windows. I could also send you another dongle, but now waiting again on another order from China. When I first started flashing the devices for others I would confirm the device worked. After many without any failures after flashing I no longer tested after flashing. With all that I have done there has only been one that would not flash so I consider the ability to flash the criteria of a good device.
                  I ordered a WSDCGQ11LM, I should see it next month... :-)
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

So I received my WSDCGQ11LM today, and unfortunately the result is the same. Nothing in the log.. So you think I have a defective CC2531?
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

can you run zigbee2mqtt interactively and post what you see in the console window?

Comment

can you run zigbee2mqtt interactively and post what you see in the console window?
                        I removed the battery several times after this loaded..

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Did you see the discussion at https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/474 ? it has some suggestions on getting it to pair with CC2531 as coordinator.

Comment

Did you see the discussion at https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/474 ? it has some suggestions on getting it to pair with CC2531 as coordinator.
                            BINGO, Got it working.. Do you know if there is a way to set units to farenhiet?

Thank You!
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

mcsMQTT allows numerical expressions on the Edit tab. There is an example in the manual for C to F ($$PAYLOAD: * 1.8 + 32)
                              If you want the F suffix on the display then that is done with HS Device Management.

What was the trick to getting it to pair?

Comment

mcsMQTT allows numerical expressions on the Edit tab. There is an example in the manual for C to F ($$PAYLOAD: * 1.8 + 32)
                                If you want the F suffix on the display then that is done with HS Device Management.

What was the trick to getting it to pair?
                                Oh that is perfect.. It seems I only use about .005% of the power and features mcsMQTT has to offer.. :-)

As to the pairing.. I'm an idiot......, thinking that re-powering the device would cause it to go into pairing mode.. As you know, and I now know I needed to press and hold that little button until it started flashing blue... That's all it took..

Some days I tell ya, some days...
                                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X