• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by metkhoo View Post

Hi ServiceXp
    Can you tell me which Zigbee dongle you ended up with that works?

BTW
    The only ones I can see on UK Amazon are ones that look like a PCB with a USB connector.
    Is there anything with a more "professional" finish available (i.e. one without the PCB visible)
    Thanks /Marcus
    I'm using the Dongle that Michael is sending out. If you are referring to the temp/humidity/ect senors then this is the one that worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I flashed a Zigbee USB dongle for XP. As part of this I did a 3D print of a case. There is a picture at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ailable-for-10

I have also used the unit with an external antenna and RF frontend and came with a case. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RF-T...27424c4dKshRko
    Figure 49 of http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT.pdf shows how it is wired to enable flashing and use.

Leave a comment:

• metkhoo
    replied
    Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

Some days I tell ya, some days...
    Hi ServiceXp
    Can you tell me which Zigbee dongle you ended up with that works?

BTW
    The only ones I can see on UK Amazon are ones that look like a PCB with a USB connector.
    Is there anything with a more "professional" finish available (i.e. one without the PCB visible)
    Thanks /Marcus

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    mcsMQTT allows numerical expressions on the Edit tab. There is an example in the manual for C to F ($$PAYLOAD: * 1.8 + 32)
    If you want the F suffix on the display then that is done with HS Device Management.

What was the trick to getting it to pair?
    Oh that is perfect.. It seems I only use about .005% of the power and features mcsMQTT has to offer.. :-)

As to the pairing.. I'm an idiot......, thinking that re-powering the device would cause it to go into pairing mode.. As you know, and I now know I needed to press and hold that little button until it started flashing blue... That's all it took..

Some days I tell ya, some days...

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    mcsMQTT allows numerical expressions on the Edit tab. There is an example in the manual for C to F ($$PAYLOAD: * 1.8 + 32)
    If you want the F suffix on the display then that is done with HS Device Management.

What was the trick to getting it to pair?

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Did you see the discussion at https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/474 ? it has some suggestions on getting it to pair with CC2531 as coordinator.
    BINGO, Got it working.. Do you know if there is a way to set units to farenhiet?

Thank You!

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Did you see the discussion at https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/474 ? it has some suggestions on getting it to pair with CC2531 as coordinator.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    can you run zigbee2mqtt interactively and post what you see in the console window?
    I removed the battery several times after this loaded..

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    can you run zigbee2mqtt interactively and post what you see in the console window?

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    So I received my WSDCGQ11LM today, and unfortunately the result is the same. Nothing in the log.. So you think I have a defective CC2531?

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    It would be best to start with any know supported device, but it does seem odd that you are getting the flashing light and no RF read by the CC2531 dongle. I did also provide a sniffer with some instructions to use it. In my case I ran it on Linux so don't know what hurdle there is for running it on Windows. I could also send you another dongle, but now waiting again on another order from China. When I first started flashing the devices for others I would confirm the device worked. After many without any failures after flashing I no longer tested after flashing. With all that I have done there has only been one that would not flash so I consider the ability to flash the criteria of a good device.
    I ordered a WSDCGQ11LM, I should see it next month... :-)

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    It would be best to start with any know supported device, but it does seem odd that you are getting the flashing light and no RF read by the CC2531 dongle. I did also provide a sniffer with some instructions to use it. In my case I ran it on Linux so don't know what hurdle there is for running it on Windows. I could also send you another dongle, but now waiting again on another order from China. When I first started flashing the devices for others I would confirm the device worked. After many without any failures after flashing I no longer tested after flashing. With all that I have done there has only been one that would not flash so I consider the ability to flash the criteria of a good device.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    It looks to me as if no zigbee traffic has been recognized. In my case the log would have entries between each of the lines containing "Saving state..."

Do you know the method to pair your Iris sensor to a zigbee hub? Devices normally have a button held down for some time to initiate pairing. I think my motion sensor did it when the battery was installed.
    Yep, I followed it for pairing and resting. The blue light flashes on the device, Hmmmmm Bad device possibly..

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    It looks to me as if no zigbee traffic has been recognized. In my case the log would have entries between each of the lines containing "Saving state..."

Do you know the method to pair your Iris sensor to a zigbee hub? Devices normally have a button held down for some time to initiate pairing. I think my motion sensor did it when the battery was installed.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    I think I have debug setup correctly, but it's not logging anything other then this.... (the only thing in the state.json file is "{}")

How do I add a device via command line?

2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - info: Logging to directory: 'C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\log\2019-02-01.19-50-16'
    2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - debug: Removing old log directory 'C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\log\2019-02-01.19-20-27'
    2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - debug: Using zigbee-shepherd with settings: '{"net":{"panId":6754,"channelList":[11],"precfgkey":[1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,0,2,4,6,8,10,12,13]},"dbPath":"C:\\FTPSyncFiles\\zigbee2mqtt\\data\\database.db ","sp":{"baudRate":115200,"rtscts":true}}'
    2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - debug: Loaded state from file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
    2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - info: Starting zigbee2mqtt version 1.1.0 (commit #a7eea5e)
    2/1/2019, 7:50:16 PM - info: Starting zigbee-shepherd
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: zigbee-shepherd started
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Coordinator firmware version: '20180815'
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - debug: zigbee-shepherd info: {"enabled":true,"net":{"state":"Coordinator","channel":11,"p anId":"0x1a62","extPanId":"0xdddddddddddddddd","ieeeAddr":"0 x00124b0019368402","nwkAddr":0},"firmware":{"transportrev":2 ,"product":0,"version":"2.6.3","revision":20180815},"startTi me":1549068617,"joinTimeLeft":0}
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Currently 0 devices are joined:
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - warn: `permit_join` set to `true` in configuration.yaml.
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - warn: Allowing new devices to join.
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - warn: Set `permit_join` to `false` once you joined all devices.
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Zigbee: allowing new devices to join.
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Connecting to MQTT server at mqtt://localhost:1883
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - debug: Using MQTT client ID: 'XXXXXXXX'
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: zigbee-shepherd ready
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: Connected to MQTT server
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - info: MQTT publish: topic 'ZIGBEE2MQTT/bridge/state', payload 'online'
    2/1/2019, 7:50:17 PM - debug: Mounted the cieApp (epId 11)
    2/1/2019, 7:55:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
    2/1/2019, 8:00:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
    2/1/2019, 8:05:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
    2/1/2019, 8:10:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
    2/1/2019, 8:15:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
    2/1/2019, 8:20:16 PM - debug: Saving state to file C:\FTPSyncFiles\zigbee2mqtt\data\state.json
    Code:
    # Required: Home Assistant integration (MQTT discovery) homeassistant: false

# Required: allow new devices to join.
    # WARNING: Disable this after all devices have been paired!
    permit_join: true

# Required: MQTT settings
    mqtt:
      # Required: MQTT base topic for zigbee2mqtt MQTT messages
      base_topic: ZIGBEE2MQTT
      # Required: MQTT server URL
      server: 'mqtt://localhost:1883'
      # Optional: MQTT server authentication user
      #user: my_user
      # Optional: MQTT server authentication password
      #password: my_password
      # Optional: MQTT client ID
      client_id: 'XXXXXXXXXX'
      # Disable self-signed SSL certificates
      reject_unauthorized: true
      # Optional: Include device information to mqtt messages (default: false)
      include_device_information: true

# Required: serial settings
    serial:
      # Required: location of CC2531 USB sniffer
      port: COM5
      # Optional: disable LED of CC2531 USB sniffer
      disable_led: false

# Optional: advanced settings
    advanced:
      # Optional: ZigBee pan ID
      pan_id: 0x1a62
      # Optional: ZigBee channel
      channel: 11
      # Optional: state caching
      # https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/commit/9396bde1f3b022e0f634487d1a37d2a5127c8cb3#diff-f68567477d803b49930337bf7fe1556bR16
      cache_state: true
      # Optional: Logging level, options: debug, info, warn, error
      log_level: debug
      # Optional: Location of log directory
      #log_directory: data/log/%TIMESTAMP%
      # Optional: Baudrate for serial port
      baudrate: 115200
      # Optional: RTS / CTS Hardware Flow Control for serial port
      rtscts: true
      # Optional: soft reset ZNP after timeout (in seconds); 0 is disabled
      soft_reset_timeout: 0
      # Optional: network encryption key, changing requires repairing of all devices.
      #network_key: [1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13],
      # Optional: Add a last_seen attribute to MQTT messages, contains date/time of last Zigbee message
      # possible values are: disable (default), ISO_8601, epoch
      last_seen: 'disable'
      # Optional: Add an elapsed attribute to MQTT messages, contains milliseconds since the previous msg
      elapsed: false
      # Availability timeout in seconds, disabled by default (0).
      # When enabled, devices will be checked if they are still online.
      availability_timeout: 0,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X