Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High CPU by plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • High CPU by plugin

    Just installed this plugin to connecto to Hass.IO. Haven't gotten that far, because the plugin is not behaving It sits at +/- 90% CPU usage, which I guess isn't quite as it should.

    I'm on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478 on Windows 10.

  • #2
    I just recently installed on a troller, and I'm seeing typically 97-98% IDLE of the Troller, and 98-99% IDLE on the Mosquitto Broker. Still building out this capability and not in production yet, but everything looking good so far.

    Comment


    • #3
      Just installed this plugin to connecto to Hass.IO. Haven't gotten that far, because the plugin is not behaving It sits at +/- 90% CPU usage, which I guess isn't quite as it should
      Assuming you can get to the plugin and look at Statistics tab to look for activity and depth of queue. On General tab enable debug checkbox so it will record into \data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTTdebug.txt what it is doing internally.

      Comment


      • #4
        Debug was/is enabled. It was no problem getting to the plugin, it seemed to operate as it should (although a bit slow ). Yesterday, I restarted and tested three times, with the same result. Today, no problem. Go figure.

        The only thing I did before I started the plugin today was to rename the old debug file, so the plugin created a new one. And no excessive CPU usage today.

        Sorry, I have no idea what caused it, I've not even restarted HS in the mean time.

        Anything you would like me to check, Michael? I've got the old debug file.

        Edit: One more thing - last thing I did yesterday was entering correct username/password for connecting to the broker, I did not restart the plugin after that, just stopped it. It was still high on CPU at that point. Another user at another forum just told me he had similar issues when server/username/password was not entered. So there might be a cause just there.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think it is a 10 second interval on retry when broker connection does not exist. Unless there is something happening with the m2mqtt.dll that is used then this should not a driver for CPU usage. If you post or email to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net the old debug then I can take a look for an unexpected pattern.

          Comment


          • #6
            Log sent

            Comment


            • #7
              Your device 2202 is very chatty with a change of value every second or so, but this is not a cause of such high cpu use. Basic initialization was 184 milliseconds. The background initialization activities totaled about six seconds. After that the plugin was responding to HS events and MQTT receive events with nothing unusual.

              Thanks for sending, but unfortunately it did not provide any clues for your initial experience. Something that I have always noticed about the file that the debug feedback is produced is that the allocated file space is never reduced as long as the file exists. For example if the file grew to 1 MB and plugin was restarted the new text would overwrite what is at the start of the file, but everything previously written is still in the file. It will later grow if necessary.

              Comment

              Working...
              X