Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MQTT_Status devices loses room and floor and device images on restart (#2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MQTT_Status devices loses room and floor and device images on restart (#2)

For some reason I am not able to post to the original thread on this topic. Get too many redirect error. Tried multiple browsers and multiple computers.

I looked at the source for setting locations and graphics. The locations are set only when a device is created. If you are getting locations changed then it should be the case that the Ref is also a new one. The graphics are set when the type (e.g. button, list, number) is modified.

This means in particular that a user should be able to change name, floor and room after the device is created. mcsMQTT does not retain this information. It only creates these as the default when a device is created.

If a new device is created this means that the Accept status has been lost at some point and new device created. This seems like something similar that was posted earlier and looked to have been resolved with recreation of the database.

Looks like that is what is happening, the device references change on each restart. I removed the mcsMQTT database and that did not help.

Would the accept status apply to the "Broker Connection Status" device and its associated devices?

Here's the version info BTW.

Current Date/Time: 1/6/2019 2:16:53 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478
    Linux version: Linux grendel 4.15.0-43-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 6 14:45:28 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 2 Minutes 44 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.11
    Number of Devices: 655
    Number of Events: 7
    Available Threads: 195
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.29.0: BLRing
    3.0.0.31: EnvisaLinkAdemco
    3.0.0.12: EVCStat
    0.2.0.10: FitbitSeer
    3.0.1.8: ISYInsteon
    1.2.1.12: Life360
    3.4.17.1: mcsMQTT
    3.1.0.6: MeiHarmonyHub
    1.2018.717.1011: MyQ
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    1.0.0.1: RainMachine
    3.0.0.37: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.88: weatherXML

Comment

you are having some issue with the database where the info is stored. I don't recall what debug is available related to db but I can add some directed at this

Comment

Is that the main homeseer database that you mean?

Comment

no /data/mcsmqtt/mcsmqtt.db.

Comment

Attached is the plugin with debug information inserted at many points of database operation. Backup existing HSPI_mcsMQTT.exe and replace with the attached. The debug flag should be set in the General Tab. The debug .txt file will be in the same folder as the mcsMQTT.db. Do a test of accepting a device exit plugin. post the debug file. start plugin and then exit it again. post second debug. this will show the save and the restore debug logic.
            Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

Here are the debug logs from the two tests outlined in your post.

Thanks!

Mitch
              Attached Files

Comment

What the debug shows is one receive message "magnoliamanor/temperature/Loft that the Accept flag was set during initialization in TEST2
                In TEST1 there were no messages with Accept flag set during initialization.
                In TEST1 the save to database with Accept set for device Ref 4328 for loft is visible.

Does the Ref for this message change with each restart? Are you able to edit location info of this device and does is persist with restarts?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  What the debug shows is one receive message "magnoliamanor/temperature/Loft that the Accept flag was set during initialization in TEST2
                  In TEST1 there were no messages with Accept flag set during initialization.
                  In TEST1 the save to database with Accept set for device Ref 4328 for loft is visible.

Does the Ref for this message change with each restart? Are you able to edit location info of this device and does is persist with restarts?
                  The devices that change are the plugin status devices, last msgs received etc. If it put location info in it is lost on restart, and the ref on those devices changes. The accept device seems to persist ok.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, now I understand what is not persisting. I will look into it and should be able to provide a fix.

Comment

It is corrected in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_4_17_3.zip. Previously the last two status devices were not created so mcsMQTT created them again, but since the last two were not created the problem persisted.

Comment

That seems to have done it! Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                        X