Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create an event for high Current Queue Depth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create an event for high Current Queue Depth?

Is it possible to create an event trigger for the Current Queue Depth value? Reason I ask is every once in awhile it goes thru the roof, and can back up to the point it will never catch up. The only way I notice this is that values are hours old and trying to figure out why they are so off. I'd love a way to trigger an event to send myself an email if I see that value go too high, and it indicates there's a problem.

It's not the plugin's fault they back up... I use Weewx connected to my weather station to send to Wunderground, MQTT and other destinations. If for whatever reason that BeagleBone locks up (like 2-3 times a year), on reboot it will sync back up with the weather station, and begin dumping the values. The problem? It sends thousands of updates in a short period and buries this plugin trying to process them all. Usually when I get into this situation, I notice 50k or more messages backed up, so I need to stop/start the plugin and all is well. Since it doesn't happen allot, I forget to cycle the plugin, and have to remember all over again why it's all backed up... Thanks!

You have the option on the General tab to create Statistics devices in HS. You could then use an HS event based upon the value of the queue depth.

Another thing I could do is put a limit setting on the General Tab and clear the queue without processing the messages if that would be better for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      You have the option on the General tab to create Statistics devices in HS. You could then use an HS event based upon the value of the queue depth.
      I totally missed that as a setting, I am going to give that a shot. Thank you for the help/quick response!

Comment

Working...
      X