Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No status change in Telnet ASCI output

Hi,

I'm just wondering why the status change is not showing up in asci telnet of homeseer ?
    I'm using a script to check all device changes in my homeseer but all specific mqtt devices are not showing up when i connect to telnet and switch on the light or switch it off

regards
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 3.0.0.531 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

I'm guessing you have a MQTT Telnet topic which you associated with the HS device. Ascii payload will show up in the HS Device String. There will be no change to HS Device Value. Since Status is based upon VSP mapping of Device Value there will be no change of Status. On Device Management HS will show the Device String for Status if the Device String is not empty.

If your Ascii text is limited to a defined set of text such as "On" and "Off" then mcsMQTT Edit tab can be used to change the Control/Status UI from Text radio to the Button or List radio. mcsMQTT will then put numbers in Device Value and Status will be updated.

You indicate you are using a script to look for changes. What HS property are you checking to know if a change occurs or not?

Comment

thanks for the reply,

With a script i mean nodejs.
      I have a discord bot in beta stage.
      it just connect to telnet of homeseer and let it trigger on the specific device code.
      all devices show up like this if there is a value change like this :
      DC,4039,0,1

So i let it trigger if there is a 1.0 its on and 0.1 is off.

But i did not know that it does only change the string instead of value.
      But i can find a way arround it by polling json ofcourse

Regards

Comment

I am still a little lost on your setup. What I think you have is a micro that is using nodejs and communicates with Homeseer via telnet. I am not familiar with telnet protocol supported by HS, but I assume HS will send out something like "DC,4039,0,1" to indicate that device 4039 has changed from 0 to 1. This is likely based upon the event callbacks supported by HS. HS supports more than Device Value callback, but also supports Device String callbacks. You may be able to configure the callback request to be either Device Value or Device String. I use both in my plugins.

You have some devices where the Device Value is changing and you are getting telnet communications reporting these. You have devices created by mcsMQTT that are never reporting via this telnet mechanism when the MQTT payload has changed. If this payload is numeric and mcsMQTT Edit tab for the device has selected the Conrol/UI to be Numeric then it should report as the other devices do via telnet mechanism. If the MQTT payload contains a well-defined set of characters then number/text relationships can be setup using Button or List as the Control/UI option with the VSP values specified in the row below this radio button. This would then allow Device Value changes to occur on payload changes.

Comment

SOrry for the late reply,

Yes i did try that but it doesnt work.
          I'm using shelly1 modules.
          They send somtimes 0/1 or on off code but when i select in MQTT Control/UI Value instead of button it won't change correct.
          But for polling the data i have found a way arround how to do that.

Regards and aswell this plugin is amazing !

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I am still a little lost on your setup. What I think you have is a micro that is using nodejs and communicates with Homeseer via telnet. I am not familiar with telnet protocol supported by HS, but I assume HS will send out something like "DC,4039,0,1" to indicate that device 4039 has changed from 0 to 1. This is likely based upon the event callbacks supported by HS. HS supports more than Device Value callback, but also supports Device String callbacks. You may be able to configure the callback request to be either Device Value or Device String. I use both in my plugins.

You have some devices where the Device Value is changing and you are getting telnet communications reporting these. You have devices created by mcsMQTT that are never reporting via this telnet mechanism when the MQTT payload has changed. If this payload is numeric and mcsMQTT Edit tab for the device has selected the Conrol/UI to be Numeric then it should report as the other devices do via telnet mechanism. If the MQTT payload contains a well-defined set of characters then number/text relationships can be setup using Button or List as the Control/UI option with the VSP values specified in the row below this radio button. This would then allow Device Value changes to occur on payload changes.

Comment

On a lark and never have used telnet here on my Espurna devices did so this morning and it does show all MQTT activity...

IBMNBK0:/home/pete# telnet 192.168.244.221
            Trying 192.168.244.221...
            Connected to 192.168.244.221.
            Escape character is '^]'.
            Password: password

Welcome!

[793083] [MQTT] Sending Espurna-1WIREA/data => {"temperature/0":70.5,"temperature/1":70,"temperature/2":45.7,"time":"2019-02-10 07:52:42","mac":"xxx","host":"Espurna-1WIREA","ip":"192.168.244.221","id":28543} (PID 606)

[793104] [MQTT] Publish ACK for PID 606

[823091] [MQTT] Sending Espurna-1WIREA/data => {"temperature/0":70.6,"temperature/1":70.3,"temperature/2":45.7,"time":"2019-02-10 07:53:12","mac":"xxx","host":"Espurna-1WIREA","ip":"192.168.244.221","id":28544} (PID 607)

[823118] [MQTT] Publish ACK for PID 607
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              On a lark and never have used telnet here on my Espurna devices did so this morning and it does show all MQTT activity...

IBMNBK0:/home/pete# telnet 192.168.244.221
              Trying 192.168.244.221...
              Connected to 192.168.244.221.
              Escape character is '^]'.
              Password: password

Welcome!

[793083] [MQTT] Sending Espurna-1WIREA/data => {"temperature/0":70.5,"temperature/1":70,"temperature/2":45.7,"time":"2019-02-10 07:52:42","mac":"xxx","host":"Espurna-1WIREA","ip":"192.168.244.221","id":28543} (PID 606)

[793104] [MQTT] Publish ACK for PID 606

[823091] [MQTT] Sending Espurna-1WIREA/data => {"temperature/0":70.6,"temperature/1":70.3,"temperature/2":45.7,"time":"2019-02-10 07:53:12","mac":"xxx","host":"Espurna-1WIREA","ip":"192.168.244.221","id":28544} (PID 607)

[823118] [MQTT] Publish ACK for PID 607
              Hi Pete

for me it does show up different than you when connecting to telnet, i use putty.
              i don't see mqtt in there at all.

DC,4011,0,1
              DC,4180,2885,2884
              DC,4011,1,0
              DC,3791,27,24
              DC,4011,2,1
              DC,4011,1,2

Comment

Working...
              X