Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit subscribe topic for existing entity / Flush Filter of old topics

I need to do two things badly:
    1. Edit the MQTT Subscribe for existing devices, whithout removing them and setting back up (breaks automations!)

2. Clear the filters from "Filter Association Table by Mqtt Topic and JSON Payload Key"
    [EDIT] found this in the mcsMQTT databse file so cleared if from there and restarted mcsMQTT

Thanks.

Also found #1 finally in database, wasn't looking close enough to the column names. Would be nice to have an easier way to edit this in the GUI.

Thanks!

Comment

I can look into providing what amounts to a GUI for common edits. I don’t understand your #2

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        I can look into providing what amounts to a GUI for common edits. I don’t understand your #2
        that would be awesome... or even a quick, clear all unused topics button.

What happened to me was I had mcsMQTT listening to all topics, turned on a device that flooded the topics, some being extremely long strings. mcsMQTT picked them up, then the GUI looked terrible! found I could just remove the topics in the DB.

Comment

This was released in updater. The manual was updated to describe it. In essence ...

The General tab has added a means to remove Obsolete Topics from the database. This will reduce clutter on the tables. Topics can be removed individually or via wildcard to remove a set with a single command. Of course use of wildcards need care because more could be removed than is intended. In these cases the backup databases created by mcsMQTT could be handy.

Comment

Working...
          X