X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mqtt value and status change problem

Hi,

I added 2 new shelly1's to my network.
    They work just fine i can control them trough your plugin but there is a problem.

I added 2 devices, 1 gives the status and the otherone i can control.
    But when i hit my switch it shows 1% dim and in the device value its normal 1...

Aswell when i hit the switch device 4034 doesnt change status at all.. it stays like that, it only changes status when i do manually.
    Device 4032 changes the status normally when i hit the switch or do it manual..

Any idea ?

This screenshot is from 1 shelly device.
    Dim 1%
    shellies Shelly1 DInnerTable Status2 MQTT_Receive Today 17:56:43
    on
    shellies Shelly1 DInnerTable Status MQTT_Receive Today
    17:53:27
    off on
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 3.0.0.531 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Why are your trying to use two devices for one switch? Since you have 4034 as your control device it seems you should use the same device for the subscription topic.

For example, assume Shelly provides status on topic DinnerTable/POWER with values of ON and OFF. Assume to command the ON and OFF, Shelly is expecting topic DinnerTable/POWER/cmnd with ON and OFF payloads.

Associate DinnerTable/POWER with a HS device and make the type a Button on the Edit tab. This will give you something like device 4034. On the Association tab or Edit tab use DinnerTable/POWER/cmnd as the publish topic.

If your publish payload needs to be 0/1 rather than On/Off then on the Edit tab set the payload template to be $$VALUE:. $$STATUS: will give you the On/Off

Comment

Hi, i did that already,

look here this is what i have with one other device, 1 is status 1 is control, but both are selected as button in the settings, only 1 shows up :
      Even when i manually add the on and off to device 4227 it does not work.
      11 4227 Dev: |shellies|Front_Hall2
      Sub: shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0/command
      Pub: the following Topic on Device command
      off 2019-02-21 23:41:44
      12 4222 Dev: |shellies|Front_Hall2
      Sub: shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0
      Pub: the following Topic on Device command
      off 2019-02-21 23:44:37

After your message i did asociate the other shellymodule with a manually created device in homeseer to test:\
      16 4231 Dev: |shellies|New_Device
      Command HS Device on subscribed Topic:
      shellies/shelly1-32AEA8/relay/0/command

Publish message on Device change using Topic:
      shellies/shelly1-32AEA8/relay/0/command

Encode Payload per template:
      off

it still doesnt work, with this 4231 device (manual created) i see on and off but when pressed it it doesnt control my shelly, but when i hit the switch i see it going on and off..
      I did also test with string and value, nothing works... shelly works with the on off name not value 1 or 0 to controll, only receive with 1 or 0

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Why are your trying to use two devices for one switch? Since you have 4034 as your control device it seems you should use the same device for the subscription topic.

For example, assume Shelly provides status on topic DinnerTable/POWER with values of ON and OFF. Assume to command the ON and OFF, Shelly is expecting topic DinnerTable/POWER/cmnd with ON and OFF payloads.

Associate DinnerTable/POWER with a HS device and make the type a Button on the Edit tab. This will give you something like device 4034. On the Association tab or Edit tab use DinnerTable/POWER/cmnd as the publish topic.

If your publish payload needs to be 0/1 rather than On/Off then on the Edit tab set the payload template to be $$VALUE:. $$STATUS: will give you the On/Off

Comment

I would think that HS is sending the Topic shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0/command and Shelly is sending the Topic shellies/shelly1-32AEA8/relay/0. You do not want HS to subscribe to its own publish. 4222 should be the one that you have seen on the Association tab and the one that was associated with checkbox there. Next step is to put shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0/command in the text box for device 4222 as the publish Topic. If you identify this as a Button on Edit tab then you will have two buttons on the HS GUI for 4222. Press the button and mcsMQTT will send shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0/command with a payload of Off or On. Shelly will respond with a Topic of shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0 with a payload of On or Off. mcsMQTT will evaluate the On or Off from Shelly and store 0 or 1 in HS Device Value of Device 4222 to confirm status.

When you manually create a device then it is not owned by mcsMQTT so mcsMQTT will try to use CAPI control to change the status of the device. You likely did not setup CAPI for 4231.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I would think that HS is sending the Topic shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0/command and Shelly is sending the Topic shellies/shelly1-32AEA8/relay/0. You do not want HS to subscribe to its own publish. 4222 should be the one that you have seen on the Association tab and the one that was associated with checkbox there. Next step is to put shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0/command in the text box for device 4222 as the publish Topic. If you identify this as a Button on Edit tab then you will have two buttons on the HS GUI for 4222. Press the button and mcsMQTT will send shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0/command with a payload of Off or On. Shelly will respond with a Topic of shellies/shelly1-12BCCB/relay/0 with a payload of On or Off. mcsMQTT will evaluate the On or Off from Shelly and store 0 or 1 in HS Device Value of Device 4222 to confirm status.

When you manually create a device then it is not owned by mcsMQTT so mcsMQTT will try to use CAPI control to change the status of the device. You likely did not setup CAPI for 4231.
          thank you, i did mess up. so i deleted the other device and put his topic on the current device and now i get the buttons and i can toggle on/of and get status again.

Comment

Working...
          X