No value in "value" only in "string"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No value in "value" only in "string"

Hi, I'm struggling with values ​​(temperatures), coming with "." and not ",". I get no value in the "value" of the devices. Adds some pictures that might explain better than my poor English =)

In the HS Device Control/Status UI row change the radio from Text to Number. When Text is selected it goes in the DeviceString. When anything else is selected it goes into DeviceValue.

Comment

I am not sure about that since it is your own work , but i read somewhere in the documentation that this is the opposite.

only "Number" goes to DeviceValue , Anything else goes to DeviceString

and by trying , i think i also remember this behavior

Bye

Comment

Button, List, Number, ColorPicker, ColorXY go into DeviceValue. Text goes into DeviceString. Button and List create a VSP mapping between text and number where DeviceStatus shows the text for a given number in DeviceValue.

Comment

ok , nice , it better help understanding a few things .

Text shown in HS Device Management is because of associated Status

if it is Button, List, Number, ColorPicker or ColorXY , so the string of the device is still empty right ?

Comment

Correct DeviceString is explicitly set to null when DeviceValue is set for all but Text. I think DeviceString is only set null during initialization when in Express mode for a device.

Comment

I may be wrong again (lol)
              but i think devicestring is set to null only at startup , even for Normal mode , because if i play with the plugin a bit (switch to text then go to number ) , the string stick to the device and we cant see any apparent change .

BUT Please dont change this , because i am using scripts to populate a nicely formatted string in the devices (with trailing zero and changing suffix ) , i dont want or need to waste ressource to clear the string before my script

Comment

Working...
              X