• Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Taken care of in 3.6.1.5 http://mcsSprinklers.com/3_6_1_5.zip

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    That is a good observation. I will need to fix Express mode operation in this area.

Leave a comment:

• tfoutfou
    replied
    i can agree on your vision , it is just that for express mode the payload is showed after the Regular expression has been applied

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I think I will decline on the payload matching the HS device. I consider it a debugging/understanding aide to show what is actually received in the MQTT payload. The HS device contains how the user wants to apply the MQTT payload. The transformations between MQTT and HS can be text, numbers or a combination of both. If I don't show the raw payload then the user is missing what useful to help understand the flow and assist with development of their text/numeric expressions as well as see what is being published.

Leave a comment:

• tfoutfou
    replied
    Happily helping to track bug or forgotten piece of code

it is working now

one last detail , in the association tab , in the payload column , the showed payload is the one before regex is applied while in express mode it show the "converted" payload
    for consistency can you make it show the payload after regex ?

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Found the issue and fixed in 3.6.1.4 at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_6_1_4.zip. Did not see it before because testing in the debugger had actually left me in express mode all the time for the topic I was using for the test. Thanks for persisting.

Leave a comment:

• tfoutfou
    replied
    Json settings is "both" , i just tried with "individual devices" -> same result ( regex is executed only when in express mode)

yes i did not make the same mistake again , Json for express is enabled of course and "Process regular and arithmetic expressions " is enabled too
    if i disable "Process regular and arithmetic expressions " , Regex is not executed (logic here ahah) and i got the same result as in Normal mode

result is always the same , regex is not evalutated when Normal mode is enabled

to be sure , i just created a Normal topic with just a radom number in it with 2 decimals
    example 1 : 2154.54 match \. replace Z result : 2154Z54
    example 2 : 152A25 match A replace , result : 152,25

the same bug is happening , the DOT (or any other character -> example 2) , is never changed by the Regex expression , if i enabled express mode the Regex is applied and working perfectly

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    What are your settings for JSON decoding (payload only, into individual devices, or both parent and child devices in HS?) Does your express mode allow JSON decoding (on General Tab)?

​​​​​​​The regex is applied to child devices or parent device, but not both. In express mode there are no parent devices that are populated. Not having to deal with HS parent/child relationships is one of the things that reduces express mode times.

Leave a comment:

• tfoutfou
    replied
    Comma for float inside payload is now parsed fine , no truncated decimal or anything -> this mean i dont even have to use Regex in the plugin to be able to use it as "number" or as string with a comma

(dont know if it is region related or not , but HS3 need a comma to be able to accept the data as a "value")

But , Regex is definitely not working in Normal mode : ( it might be a problem for some user)
    I tried to replace the comma with a letter (X for the exemple) so the payload become {"A":0X149,"W":4X2,"Wh":54X7,"Pf":0X11,"VA":39X0}

no matter what is chose to replace from OR replace with , as soon as i activate Normal Mode , the data is not processed in the Regex logic and is displayed as is.
    if i use Express mode in can replace my "X" with any other character that i want.

i hope this help understand the problem better ?

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I made updates in 3.6.1.3 that allows use of comma in numeric payloads. 3.6.1.2 had fixed the use of comma in text payloads. I tested both JSON and non-JSON payloads with comma and decimal with and without Regex. I also handled white space in 3.6.1.3. If you continue to have problem with non-Express then I can add debug to see why your situation is different than mine.

It is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_6_1_3. I am also submitting to updater.

Leave a comment:

• tfoutfou
    replied
    as explained in previous post my payload is pretty simple {"V1":230.2,"V2":230.2,"Hz1":49.9,"Hz2":50.1}

my configuration is 100% similar to yours , and i see the same things

the only problem is i think related to Express mode - > if express mode in ON , all is OK

as soon as i uncheck express mode i get the payload with a DOT and regex are ignored ( we can see the payload directly in the payload column in association tab)

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    since payload is JSON "float" have to be with a "." else it will not parse correctly
    Correcting this JSON parsing was done in 3.6.1.2 so that should no longer be an issue. If it is then give me the exact payload you are using so I can replicate.

For my test I used JSON payload starting with {"identifiers":"840d8e383244.X", ....

Device 1330 was created in regular mode and regex setup as screen snipit

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	107
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1295721

What shows up in the HS device is below. Note the period was changed to comma

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	92
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1295722

Leave a comment:

• tfoutfou
    replied
    Fact : payload is JSON , didnt have the time right now to test with a direct payload

it is the opposite way i try to convert dot to coma , since payload is JSON "float" have to be with a "." else it will not parse correctly
    Then i try

Payload RegEx Match Pattern \.
    Payload RegEx Replace Pattern ,

if the device is set to express mode , then the conversion is happening fine (i can even replace the coma with any Character that i want) , BUT if the device is in normal mode the conversion didnt happen

this is a problem , because if i want the value to be treated as "number" , the device does not update , because HS is expecting a coma in the "float" , and a dot is not OK

I can modify my Payload to have the Coma directly in the values but i dont know how to format it , can it be done OR it have to be a Dot ?
    testing by simply replacing the Dot with a Coma did not work

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I have evaluated the regular expression and found no issue. I started with payload "ABC,X". Use regex match of ,X and replace with null. HS device shows ABC. Can you provide your test case that is not working for you?

Leave a comment:

• tfoutfou
    replied
    nice feedback , i just installed 3.6.1.2 to try it

preliminary testing show that BUG #11 is still not fixed

currently reviewing the rest

EDIT : the parenting behavior is like a dream now , not deleting the parent when Express and all

EDIT 2 : Clear existing VSP and "O" column is awesome

Leave a comment:

Working...
X