X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor
    started a topic How To:TRÅDFRI/TRADFRI 5 button remote setup

How To:TRÅDFRI/TRADFRI 5 button remote setup

Hi, this one gave me some grief so i figured i would share how i made it work.

i am referring to this remote:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20303317/

first off. this needs NEWER firmware than the Nov 2018 on the zigbee stick so keep that in mind.

This remote DOES NOT need paring. you put a battery in it and it shows up as:

zigbee2mqtt/deviceID:action

it has the following values:
    toggle
    brightness_down_click
    brightness_up_click
    arrow_right_click
    arrow_left_click
    brightness_up_hold
    brightness_down_hold
    brightness_down_release
    arrow_right_hold
    arrow_right_release
    arrow_left_hold
    arrow_left_release
    brightness_up_release

so this gives us 13 actions to trigger events from!

there is also a linkquality and duration sub but for some reason no battery.

To trigger i used a "device had its value set to" on the action and picked the action i wanted.

Toggle on off was a bit tricky due to a lack of else in the homeseer engine so it triggers 2 events, one that checks if the device is on and the other to see if it is off then it inverts it.

Edit:
    if you have spuds easy trigger plugin, you can use that for toggle on off and dim up and down.

hope this helps someone

Raptor

Attached Files

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    On RGBGenie for brightness control buttons it reports a "start" on long press and "stop" on release.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor
    replied
    Yes it seems to be managing 2 pushes of the same button ok.

not sure on the button hold down, the device its self reports the long presses

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    This is a good approach using VSP to hold the various button push values.
    ​Another option for those comfortable with scripting is to trigger on the topic or trigger on the device change and then use script if/else or case to execute the specific actions.

Is mcsMQTT handling two consecutive pushes of the same button to your satisfaction?

If you hold a up or down button do you get repeated MQTT message in a slewing style or does the remote only have on message per button push?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X