No announcement yet.

MQTT Garage Door Control for LiftMaster & MyQ GD Openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody else on the board disclosed a regulation that when auto control of the garage door is used there need to be notification of the pending automatic action. Flashing light or siren are acceptable. I did not do this in my implementation, but that would be a good use for another output channel that the 4CH provides. The Sonoff basic approach would utilize another GPIO, but then one needs the electronics to do what a relay could do to activate the annunciation.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Somebody else on the board disclosed a regulation that when auto control of the garage door is used there need to be notification of the pending automatic action. Flashing light or siren are acceptable. I did not do this in my implementation, but that would be a good use for another output channel that the 4CH provides. The Sonoff basic approach would utilize another GPIO, but then one needs the electronics to do what a relay could do to activate the annunciation.
      Thats a good idea. Maybe I can just flash a smart light in the garage. This maybe getting more involved than I wanted lol.

Comment

Flashing light or siren are acceptable..
        Actually, the rule says you need both

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...door-operators

Comment

Wanted to say thanks for this post.

Have four garage doors, so using all four channels of the Sonoff 4chPro. Stuck four LiftMaster 883LMs inside an old ADIO box. Already had tilt sensors on doors for status. Wrote a script to flash garage lights and announce garage doors closing 10 seconds prior to closing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4189.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1394970

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X