Trouble with numeric conversion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with numeric conversion...

I am converting the mbar air pressure sent by the Aqara Temp, Hum and Pressure sensor. I have this coming over and going through:
    (round($$payload: * 0.0295300,2))

This is always returning a int. What functions are avail in the 'Expression' field...?

Anyone already solve this?

-Stan

Table 2 contains the prototypes of all the functions implemented. Let me know if you something else.
    A couple things to look at. One is that the Control UI is setup as Number on Edit tab. In HS DeviceManagement you specify the number precision. The default is 2. While mcsMQTT will store to the precision specified you will only see on the HS pages the precision specified for HS.

Comment

Michael,

Thx, but this is confusing.... I'm looking at ver Version 3.6.1 of your manual and table 2 is....

Table 2 Receive Message Benchmark for Full vs. Express Modes....................................................... .......97

This table talks nothing about expression functions....

-----------------------------

My guess is that you may be right and homeseer may be truncating in the device.... I'll check it out..

edit: - Yes sir - this was the prob. The zigbee2mqtt works pretty well.... now we will see how long the batts last in these sensors...

-Stan

Comment

The current published manual is 3.6.2. It should have been in the updater current download. It is also at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT.pdf

Comment

Michael,

That is great! I checked my install and I have 3.6.1.3 of the plugin installed (it is also reporting no upgrade is available). The doc it is pulling is the 3.6.1. Is there a upgrade I am not seeing?

-Stan

Comment

I likely forgot to submit it to the updater. It is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_6_2_0.zip or could have been waiting for some user feedback.

I am coming to completion of adding a bluetooth scanner function to mcsMQTT so likely will wait to submit the plugin with this next week rather than overloading HST with submittals.

Comment

Working...
            X