No announcement yet.

mcsMQTT and insteon2MQTT questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enable General Debug at \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT.txt is checked.

Comment

I don't understand. The setup page General tab has the checkbox. The file created is at folder, relative to HS install, \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT.txt. Even when the checkbox is not checked the file is created and some data written to it.

I dont know about the fields now blank. You do not need regex. Just put the desired numeric expression and we can look moving forward. If there is an issue with it then something should show in the HS log or Debug log.

Comment

Yes the checkbox in the general tab is checked for debug logging but there is no log file in the data folder.

Comment

Suggest looking in the HS Log to see if any errors. The current plugin version is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_0_2_1.zip You can try a restart or updating to current version which also has the debug I added for you. My folder structure looks like the attached with the file highlighted. I gave the incorrect name above for the file. It is mcsMQTT Debug.txt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	74
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1309622

Comment

Things are looking more normal now.

After shutting down HS and looking at Task Manager I discovered that HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe was still running. I stopped that process then restarted windows entirely. After rebooting the mcsMQTT Debug.txt file was in the data folder and there were normal entries being added with MQTT traffic. The mcsMQTT.db has two Expression entries in tblTransform.

I published some MQTT traffic for that device but the scaling is still not working. I opened the Edit/Add tab for that device but there is still nothing in the expression field in the Edit/Add tab.

Comment

Are you not able to enter anything in the Expression field? Do you have a subscribe topic?

Comment

I have a subscribe topic and I can enter an expression into the field. If I change tabs in MQTT setup and then return to Edit/Add the contents of the expression field will be empty.

Comment

I am experiencing something new since I did the upgrade. When I click in a field I am getting a incorrect/previous field showing up in the popup the first time I try to edit the field.

Click image for larger version  Name:	edit1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	1309639

I click in the publish topic window:

Click image for larger version  Name:	edit2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	1309640

Comment

Since you lost info it looks likes something changed recently. I would not try to understand why it happened. Having an extra instance of mcsMQTT running could cause unknow things. Just move forward.

What you posted for 319 has no subscribe topic. This means that there is no reason to have an Expression box because nothing will be received on which to use it. I can work with your setup if you provide \Config\mcsMQTT.ini and \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT.db

Are you editing from the Edit tab or from the Edit popup? The Edit popup is rebuilt each time called up. Edit tab is not altered by movement between other tabs.

Comment

I was editing 319 publish topic in the popup after clicking in the publish topic. There is no subscribe topic for 319.

Comment

The issue looks to be mcsMQTT not initializing the expression on startup for non-plugin associations. It has been corrected in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_4_0_2_2.zip. Only HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe was updated in the zip file.

Comment

Working...
                        X