Blue Iris and mcsMQTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Iris and mcsMQTT

Blue Iris (I am new to it and am learning as I go) and I am just thinking about mcsMQTT and uses for it. In the Blue Iris menu it shows:the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20190727210339.png
Views:	609
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	1318105

Name:	snip_20190727210625.png
Views:	460
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1318106

Name:	snip_20190727210701.png
Views:	535
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1318107

Name:	snip_20190727211104.png
Views:	500
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1318108

Is anybody using mcsMQTT to monitor or control parts of the Blue Iris process? Is this worth working on? Does anything have to be done to the plugin (beyond normal setup type stuff) to make this work?

Chuck

I do not have BlueIris, but the description looks pretty straight-forward. There will be two HS devices created. One for BlueIris/app and one for BlueIris/status. VSPs will be setup for each of the states reported. Normally JSON is used in MQTT payloads. What the snapshot shows looks to be HTTP profiles with syntax or key=value rather than the JSON key:value. If this is really what is in the BlueIris payload then I can accommodate in mcsMQTT to make it as easy as possible to use.

The publish topics are BlueIris/status and BlueIris/admin. Not certain what X, Y and Z mean, but again if something special is needed then mcsMQTT can accommodate.

I prefer MQTT over HTTP because with HTTP you need to poll to pull data at some interval. MQTT data is pushed so no polling needed and no latency due to the polling cycle.

Comment

Michael, I think I am going to give this a try in the not too distant future. I have been following your thread now for several months. The things you have done with your plugin seem to be very useful and I want to learn how to use it. Maybe this will be my application to start with.

Thanks for your hard work. I am sure I will be in touch.

Chuck

Comment

I think mqtt is kind of pushing the data.

and in http you can get the data pushed too (ex webhook)

Comment

Matt, The HTTP server needs to support a subscription model to register the push request. While it is possible using HTTP or pretty much any protocol it is specific to each server instance as to how it is done. It is not controlled by standards. The MQTT push is controlled by standards so it will work the same for every MQTT node instance.

Chuck, whenever you are ready I am here to help. While some arcane implementation may be possible with existing plugin, my objective is to make it natural and seamless so updates to the plugin are not met with resistance.

Comment

Didn’nt think of it that way. Thanks

Comment

any luck in getting mcsMQTT and Blue Iris working together?

Comment

servicexp appears to have Blue Iris integrated with MQTT. End of Path Getting Cut Off - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  servicexp appears to have Blue Iris integrated with MQTT. End of Path Getting Cut Off - HomeSeer Message Board
                  that's great Michael, thanks

Comment

It would be working perfectly if BI would send the correct path information..
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                      It would be working perfectly if BI would send the correct path information..
                      is the problem you outlined in the note Michael linked still not resolved in BI? That's crazy.

Comment

I'm not sure what the issue is - I have BI working sending motion detection to mcsMQTT and then driving events via Node Red

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post

is the problem you outlined in the note Michael linked still not resolved in BI? That's crazy.
                          That is correct, not yet.

EDIT:

To be clear, the BI alert (MQTT) is working, but the path (&ALERT_PATH) to send the image is broken.
                          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                            I'm not sure what the issue is - I have BI working sending motion detection to mcsMQTT and then driving events via Node Red
                            The issue, as outlined in the referenced thread is BI is sending a broken path (path is missing and the filename is broken) when using the
                            &ALERT_PATH 'Macro' to send the alert image with the pushover message.

To be clear, the BI alert (MQTT) is working, but the path (&ALERT_PATH) to send the image is broken.
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                            X