Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck. Is it possible to do what I want to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck. Is it possible to do what I want to do?

Background: I've been playing around with Home Assistant, and I'm interested in connecting my HS3 system to HA via mcsMQTT. I really like the interface and dashboard options with Home Assistant, and would like to utilize that for my interface.

Is it possible to use mscMQTT to control my HS3 Zwave devices from another system via MQTT?

I'll be diving a bit deeper into the documentation later today, as well as getting MQTT explorer (or equivalent) to better understand what's happening, but didn't want to invest too much time if I eventually can't achieve my desired solution...

Thanks,

Me thinks, Doable=Yes, Easy=No" and overly complex=Likely or Very Likely. However, I could be wrong.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

It is straightforward to use mcsMQTT for the utilization of devices between HA and HS. Others have done this and mcsMQTT provides a means to automatically associate devices to more easily support this objective.

You are not the first that HS to be the best option for Zwave interface support, but HA otherwise more natural to use.

What you cannot do is the setup of your Zwave network via mcsMQTT. You will need to use the facilities provided with the HS Zwave plugin to establish your Zwave network.

Comment

Working...
      X