Zwave Device Not Showing in Association Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave Device Not Showing in Association Table

I have a Zooz ZSE18 ZWave Plus Motion Sensor inside my mailbox to detect when it is opened/closed. The device works great. I now want to create a table in my Grafana dashboard to show the history of Opened/Closed mailbox states by subscribing to the Opened/Closed topics that would be published by mcsMQTT when the device state changes. But I am not able to see the ZWave device (REF ID 1919) in the Association table to be able to enter the Publish topic. What am I missing?

Here are screenshots of my ZWave device:

Nothing obvious. HS Devices are enumerated at plugin startup and user command. Any device that does not have the .interface property set to mcsMQTT should show up in the debug if it was previously identified with line starting with AddToMQTTSend1
    hs.Writelog(PLUGIN_DEBUG, "AddToMQTTSend1 " & iRef.ToString & ", PayloadTemplate=" & .Payload)

I can add some additional debug if the logs do not provide any insight.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I had to disable and re-enable the plugin and the Zwave devices appeared as they should. Is this expected behavior of the plugin for ZWave devices?

Comment

It is not unique to Zwave. Enumeration of HS devices is computationally expensive. It is only done at startup of the plugin or user request at bottom of General tab. If the Zwave device was created after one of these two events hen it would not be visible to mcsMQTT. I believe there is a configuration change callback that likely could be used for this purpose but it has not been implemented.

Disable/enable has the same effect in this case of either of the two methods provided. I’m glad the solution was this easy.

Comment

Working...
        X