Zorvo Gas Detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zorvo Gas Detector

Hi I managed to flash the tasmota firmware to a Zorvo Wifi methane detector. The plugin is great!! In bound messaging works great and I have tied the alarm to HS3 device. When I used the device under Tuya there was a switch that would trigger the alarm for test in the app on android. I am trying to figure out the syntax for the outbound publication to trigger same. I cannot find any documentation on Zorvo. I have two questions:

(1) does anyone know the command syntax for the trigger?
    (2) How would I trigger it in the asscoaition table , one I know it?

I have included the association table as an attachement.

Thanks

Will

Comment

The format is dependent upon how you setup your topic in Tasmota. I set mine up so that the the state of the device would report something like topic
      TheDevice/POWER and payload of ON. I would then setup my pub topic in mcsMQTT to be TheDevice/cmnd/POWER with payload of OFF to turn it off. There would also be status messages reported periodically in JSON such as topic TheDevice/STATE and contain payload that includes {POWER:ON}. Normally these are not used for control from mcsMQTT, but could be using the same topic/payload as used for the first example.

The key to commanding Tasmota devices is "cmnd" and the position in the publish topic is dependent upon how Tasmota MQTT Topic format is setup. The mcsMQTT manual has several examples.

I am not able to see the images on post #2.

For the second question all you need to do is enter a publish topic after using the Associate checkbox that creates the HS device. When the DeviceValue of the HS device changes then the MQTT message is published.

Comment

I believe the default format for Tasmota commands I cmnd/DeviceTopic. You will not find what you want from Zorvo, but from the Tasmota wiki since you are running Tasmota firmware.

Comment

I did not find much on this gas sensor. How did you know how to configure the GPIO in Tasmota? It seems to have MCU which I ran across in Costco dimmer. What would be great is a schematic. $20 seems like a good price, but with no info could be difficult to reverse engineer. Does it disassemble in a manner that affords reassembly?

Comment

Michael

Thank you for your help. I was able to trigger the topic off using an event. I would would like to figure out setting off the actually sound alarm as if I were pressing the physical test button on the device, In answer to your question about Tasmoto config I picked Tuya MCU (54). I just picked it figuring it was previous a Tuya firmware (lucky I guess, because the actual sensor and alarm works and triggers several HS3 events). I did have the cover off so no problem physically opening the device. I was wondering if they use some variant of MQ-2 gas sensor.

Will

Comment

Looks like a device that may be fun to investigate. I will pick one up and take a look. The MCU uses two of the ESP8266 GPIO. It could be that the alarm is connected to another GPIO. I'll let you know what I may find.

Comment

Michael,

Sounds cool. I'll let you know if I discover anything. This is the product I am working with:
                https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

Will

Comment

The one I ordered looks to be a more basic model https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for $15. Hopefully not too much different.

Comment

Michael,

I am thinling of flashing this device. Any suggestions on config in tasmato.

WHDTS WiFi Momentary Inching Relay Delay Switch Module Low Power Smart Home Remote Control DC 12V Compatible with iOS Andriod 2G/3G/4G Network

Thanks

Will

Comment

If you look at the first question on the Amazon site you get a good response with:

Yes and NO! The esp is simply the WiFi front end for another processor chip that drives the relay. The esp is an off-the-shelf esp8266-01 (1Mb) that plugs into a socket on the PCB, so in that, you can flash new firmware. But you still don't have access to the relay. In my case, I dismantled the unit to get, in addition to the esp, a 5-V relay, screw terminals, an 8-pin socket plus a few other components that have already been repurposed on a breadboard. In that perspective, I've broken even on the cost of the board.

If you are looking to reprogram the esp with MQTT client software, as I was, don't waste your money here.
                      I did not look at other questions, but the insight into the secondary processor may indicate it is a Tuya device with MCU so you could get lucky with the same configuration as the Zorvo.

In my case I started with the Sonoff Basic and did a simple circuit mod to isolate the relay from mains voltage. There are pictures of this mod in the mcsMQTT manual. If you do not want to modify the hardware then the Sonoff 4 CH Pro at around $30 is a good choice. It can be powered by mains or DC and there are 4 relays with a nice DIN mount. Again mcsMQTT manual describes it use.

Comment

I see why the Gas Detector I ordered was only $15 vs. $40 for the one you have. Mine does not have WiFi capability. Looks like I will not be playing with it, but can at least put it into service.

Comment

Thanks again Michael!

Comment

Working...
                          X