No announcement yet.

DIY firmware upgrade to ITead S31 Smart Socket switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run Tasmota on my Sonoff S31's. Google search finds https://tasmota.github.io/docs/devices/Sonoff-S31/ and there are other links.

mcsMQTT debug has a record of every received message (ActOnMessageForTrigger lines). Looking there will isolate if it is not being sent or if mcsMQTT is not processing it.

Comment

I had the switch on line at this house and connected to Homeseer and it was working from my recollection.

Now the switch (and other WiFi switches with Tasmota / Espurna) are in house #2. They are working off of the built in scheduler as I have not put any automation software there.

I moved 3 Tasmota Gosund switches and 2 Espurna SonOff wall modules there. I just VPN'd to that network and see everything fine.

I used this for the original MQTT stuff which I utilize for mcsMQTT and Home Assistant.

For the below I used the HomeAssistant / Configuration show tab.

switch:
      - platform: mqtt
      name: ESPURNA_S31A
      state_topic:
      command_topic:
      payload_on: 1
      payload_off: 0
      availability_topic:
      payload_available:
      payload_not_available:

sensor:
      name: ESPURNA_S31A_current
      state_topic:
      unit_of_measurement: A

name: ESPURNA_S31A_voltage
      state_topic:
      unit_of_measurement: V

name: ESPURNA_S31A_power
      state_topic:
      unit_of_measurement: W

name: ESPURNA_S31A_reactive
      state_topic:

name: ESPURNA_S31A_apparent
      state_topic:

name: ESPURNA_S31A_factor
      state_topic:
      unit_of_measurement: '%'

name: ESPURNA_S31A_energy
      state_topic:
      unit_of_measurement: kWh

I still see the old stuff in the mcsMQTT configuration tab even though it is off line here now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mcsMQTTS31.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	1410942

I do not see an issue with trying to upload the base current Tasmota firmware, then upgrading it and using a Tasmota Template.

IE: I think these days you can use the firmware updater in Espurna to go to Tasmota or vice versa.

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
      HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
      HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X