MQTT RESULT Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MQTT RESULT Error

Started getting this type of error on all received messages. Devices can be controlled but status not updated. Can you provide guidance on potential source? Thx
    Jan-27 1:27:47 AM mcsMQTT ProcessMessage New stat/BULBRGBWW1/RESULT={"POWER":"OFF"} Line 0 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Added debug log, thx
    Attached Files

Comment

This appears to be the response from a command from HS but odd that the log shows a stat/ topic before cmnd/ topic. Is it repeatable? Does it only occur following a command from HS?

Code:
      1/27/2020 1:27:47 AM    552587    | SetIOMulti 2088, oCAPI.ControlType=Button  
      1/27/2020 1:27:47 AM    552592    | ParentCount 0  
      1/27/2020 1:27:47 AM    552593    | ParentRef -1  
      stat/BULBRGBWW1/RESULT:POWER
      1/27/2020 1:27:47 AM    552683    | CommandControllableDevice cmnd/BULBRGBWW1/POWER=OFF  
      1/27/2020 1:27:47 AM    552683    | HSEvent VALUE_CHANGE| 1024| | 7| 6| 2262

Comment

I have been working on a new structure for the plug-in that separates the MQTT logic from the HS logic. It is intended to be seamless to the user, but with the recent updates being made to the plugin I have had to update both the original and new structure of the plugin as well as do the same for the HS4 version. I want to move away from the original structure so I will not need to continue with double work and potential for mistakes. If you do not mind I would like you to confirm there are no surprises. I have also added some debug around where the error message is being reported to help isolate. There are now two files. The HSPI goes into the HS folder as before. The MCSMQTT_2020.dll should go into the \bin\mcsMQTT folder.

Comment

Thx.
          Will test asap and provide feedback.
          cheers

Comment

As for the error log, It seems to happen every time a message is published no matter the source. Look at my attached log file above. It is filled with tons of similar errors. Consequence is that all my HStouch controls are not tracking status anymore. They respond to commands but wont receive feedback. Started behaving like this somewhere yesterday evening but cant pinpoint the root cause. Rebooted computer, HS, routers, etc...

Comment

I believe I found he error. I removed the uploaded zip from above and put an updated one here for your evaluation. Same install instructions as above. The error was introduced with handling multiple json keys being used as unique identifiers.

Comment

Here's what I get at startup (log):

Starting up....

1/27/2020 7:23:57 PM ~!~Error~!~Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe Class: HSPI_MCSMQTT.HSPI->

Comment

I just did another evaluation where I copied from the zip HSPI_MCSSMQTT.exe to the HS folder and MCSMQTT_2020.dll to the \bin\mcsMQTT folder. Then from the plugin page enable mcsMQTT plug-in. This was on Windows. What process did you follow?

Comment

• exit HS3
                    • copy both files in appropriate location
                    • restart HS3
                    • log:
                      • 1/27/2020 9:08:10 PM ~!~Error~!~Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe Class: HSPI_MCSMQTT.HSPI->
                      • 1/27/2020 9:08:20 PM ~!~Warning~!~Plug-in mcsMQTT is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                    • Doesn't appear in the plugin list so can't enable from HS3.

should I remove/replace the config file (HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe.config)? other older files interfering?

PS: rolling back to 5.0.5.0 solves it so related to the json keys as you pinpointed.

Thx

Comment

I am able to replicate if I shutdown HS. I need to understand better why. In the interim I put the same update in the original plugin. Just use the .exe in to the HS folder of the attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I figured out why HS was not happy with the new structure. The attached worked as expected for me. Same functionality as the what is in post #11, but has two files to copy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great. Will test and provide feedback.
                          thx again

Comment

Hi Michael, Works with the file from post #11,

but not the 2 files from post #12. (The plugin is visible/enabled in the list but "plugin status" is stuck at "plugin loading" or something like that)

Thx.

Comment

The current version with the new structure is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_1_1_1.zip. See you have more luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X