No announcement yet.

WLED Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know what UI you would like to see in HS. The mcsMQTT manual contains the current WLED UI. In general a segment looks like a string, but with some limitations. It seems to me that a user would like to see the same UI that exists now, but at the segment rather than controller level.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Let me know what UI you would like to see in HS. The mcsMQTT manual contains the current WLED UI. In general a segment looks like a string, but with some limitations. It seems to me that a user would like to see the same UI that exists now, but at the segment rather than controller level.
      The existing UI looks ideal.
      Thanks

Comment

I added the WLED segment support to http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_2_8_0.zip. I suspect that nobody will have a chance to provide feedback in the near term so it likely will be in the updater and just standard install procedures will be used.

The manual was updated. The essential information from it
        Support for WLED Segments was added based upon WLED 0.10.0. A segment is a division of a LED strip into smaller strips that operate relatively independently. This feature of WLED is still somewhat immature and has some limitations, but basic functionality does exist. I have observed that segment setup did not persist of power cycle of the WLED controller.

Segments are not exposed via MQTT or the XML API interface. They are only visible using the JSON API. To support segments an additional tab was added to the TCP page. For each WLED controller a row will be present to enter the IP of the controller and to identify how many segments the controller supports.

Since segments are not visible via MQTT there is no update of the HS devices except when a segment parameter is commanded, segment setup is changed or at plugin startup. To force an update then command a segment of the controller. This command can be no change such as the On/Off device commanded into the same state as it currently exists.
        In the screenshot below there are two segments and the entire strip. Names with a numeric prefix followed by hyphen are segments.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	149.5 KB ID:	1388532

Comment

Thank you. I will try to provide useful feedback as my project progresses.

Comment

I have a project in the works too, I will try it out asap.

Comment

As I was testing the WLED segment update for the HS4 plugin I found a few minor cleanups that I folded back into the HS3 version. http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_2_8_1.zip

Comment

I'm going to update and try the new segment addition this weekend. If I have my WLED already in HS will I need to delete it out and add it back to pick any new segments I create?

Comment

You do not need to. When you complete the Max Segment and IP entries on the TCP Page WLED tab then the segment devices will be created. If you later change the segment count additional will be added or extra removed.

Comment

I am testing the TCP setup with WLED 0.10.2 and 2 Segments: Segment 0 and Segment 1. It may be working but I am seeing some odd behavior. Maybe due to this?
                    • Added SV=2 to HTTP API, allow selecting single segment only
                    If I change the Effect for Segment 1 it changes for Segment 1. If I then go up to the Effect under the main (no #-Effect, but the name, node03-Effect) then it sometimes also changes the setting for Segment 1. I have not yet been able to pinpoint when this begins.

There appears to be no way to turn Off Segment 0 without turning off Segment 1.

Some of his may be on the WLED side. There may be other items as well. I only played with changing Effects for the moment.

I noticed there are 10 new Effects and a few other items added with this release. I do not know when it was added (I just started with WLED) but there are 3 colors you can select for the effects as well. I was able to figure out the one new Effect I was looking to set and add it to the HomeSeer device.

I am only bringing this to your attention at the moment. It is low priority as far as I am concerned as I will be setting a Favorite slot and having the unit boot and use that for my current needs. I am willing to test additional items if you wish.
                    Karl S
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    1070 Devices
                    56 Z-Wave Nodes
                    104 Events
                    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have not visited WLED for awhile but will refresh my memory based upon your inputs.

Comment

I am currently running version 5.3.0.4 and love the device auto creation. Everything works perfectly at the device level. I am trying to setup an event to turn the strips on with a specific color in HomeSeer. The option to turn the strip on is working perfectly.

In the device the color option brings up a gui that allows you to pick the color. For example if I pick a blue from the gui the value that is shown is 393471. However in the event under the color option I have a list of specific options ranging from -2147483648 through 2130706432. The number 393471 is not available in that list and no matter what number I pick it doesn't appear to change anything on the strip. Any idea as to why those don't match up?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Device.png Views:	0 Size:	10.1 KB ID:	1433349
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Event.png
Views:	172
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1433352

Comment

I believe this has been reported on GitHub. I know it has been discussed. The Action menu for device control uses only a selector with integer values in the VSP range supported for the device. This is fine for On/Off etc, but for something like a color control with 65 million colors it does not work. A better UI is needed in HS4 for the device control action to allow text box entry for the types of devices that have large ranges. It may be the case that the DeviceType needs to be setup in a special way such as is the case for Energy database, but no information has been provided by HST if that is the case. In HS3 this is not a problem.

Comment

You can also do this by using events to send an MQTT message utilizing the WLED HTML API. So something like ... your/device/topic=&CL=hff0000 ... make sure "h" precedes your hex value.

Comment

Working...
                            X