Lost MQTT actions in events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost MQTT actions in events

After updating from 5.0.0.0 to 5.1.1.3, all events that had a “send mqtt”-action have lost the text contents of the payload it should send, so the events no longer works. I don’t have that many events so manually retyping the payload isn’t that big of a problem, just wanted to let you know.

Running HS3 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Same here.

Comment

When I go back to an earlier HS3 database that has actions I do see the problem. I have an idea on how to fix it, but travelling today.

Code:
      {"[A]MyMqttAction cannot be cast to [B]MyMqttAction. Type A originates from 'HSPI_MCSMQTT, Version=5.1.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'Z:\Documents\LaptopVM\mcsMQTT\bin\HSPI_MCSMQTT.exe'. Type B originates from 'MCSMQTT_2020, Version=5.1.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'Z:\Documents\LaptopVM\mcsMQTT\bin\MCSMQTT_2020.dll'."}

Comment

To restore the backward compatibility I had to re-partition the common dll and remove the action and trigger logic from the common dll. This code rarely changes so having a copy for each plugin is not a big burden. I suspect that if new actions or triggers had been setup or edited with prior 5.1 versions of the plugin then they will again need to be edited to put things back to how they were.

I also uncovered some Linux/Mono issues at startup and had to do some things differently in this part to accommodate the shortcoming in Mono. These updates are at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_1_1_7.zip

Please give it a try to confirm I have everything covered.

Comment

Updated with 5.1.1.7 from the updater, seems that fixed the issue - thanks!

Comment

Updated yesterday from 5.1.1.4 to 5.2.1.5 and lost all MQTT topics and payload information from my events. Both in conditions and actions. For now I have reverted back to the previous backup but like to stay up to date. Any easy way to fix this?

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Comment

While I do not know if it will make any difference for event database, but let us synchronize on HS4 4.0.4 that was realeased today. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...0-4-0-released

Comment

Hi Michael, I am currently on HS3 for my production system without plans to move to HS4 in the foreseeable future. Would there be a solution for the HS3 PI too?

Comment

I am wondering if there is a way to generate a list of all events that:

- Have a MQTT topic configured as trigger
                  - Include an action to send a MQTT message.

Maybe there is a database that I can look in??

Having this list would enable me to update to the latest plugin and have an easy way to restore the lost information. With 350+ events I am not looking forward to evaluating each and every one for possible MQTT actions or triggers.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Comment

Jon00 Event filter should help

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post
                      Jon00 Event filter should help
                      Another great one from Jon00! Yes this will do the job. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

I understand a problem that occurred with the initial transition from 5.1.x to 5.2.x of the plugin where the event logic was moved to a different class so not able to deserialize the data provided by HS. This was fixed in a later 5.2.x version. I will still look back into this to try to understand why it could still be happening. I had the impression that your need was long term and not immediate as you reverted back to a backup and 5.1.x version of the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                          I understand a problem that occurred with the initial transition from 5.1.x to 5.2.x of the plugin where the event logic was moved to a different class so not able to deserialize the data provided by HS. This was fixed in a later 5.2.x version. I will still look back into this to try to understand why it could still be happening. I had the impression that your need was long term and not immediate as you reverted back to a backup and 5.1.x version of the plugin.
                          Thx. Michael, I appreciate the help. In the mean time I am going to export a list of events through the Jon00EVentFilter and manually update everything that is lost in transit. I know I do not have that many events but the issue is finding in that pile of 350+ other ones... With the EVentFilter I can now do that relatively simple.

Comment

Working...
                          X